Free Trial - Downloading Patch

Discuss the game of Warhammer Online in this forum.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Alathenar

Free Trial - Downloading Patch

#1 Post by Alathenar »

Ok so i thought i might try out WAR now that i've got myself a decent Laptop to run it on. First i thought i will try out the 10 day free trial, so i got it installed but i'm guessing i have to download the patch to play it but at the rate its going now, that will take about 3-4 days to complete :( . Is that how long it took for other people? Will i have to wait 4 days just to try out WAR?
Cheers
~=Swift=~
[i]"You only get one chance to make a last impression."[/i]
[i]"For every choice, a consequence."[/i]
Alathenar

#2 Post by Alathenar »

O and another question, if i just went out and bought the game would i still have to wait 4 days for the patch to download or cud i play it straight away?
Cheers for any help
~=Swift=~
grantmepower

#3 Post by grantmepower »

The patch takes much longer to download if you are doing something else at the same time such as browsing internet forums :D
Using the internet for something else during any patch download is a big no-no if you ever want it to install.
As far as having to wait for a patch download again, I don't know but I'd guess that you don't have to. The program would already be there.
~Grant
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
Alathenar

#4 Post by Alathenar »

Ok Thanks Grant, BTW even when i wasnt on my comp is was still going at the same pace just about. I'm not sure if i will even bother downloading the patch but thank you.
~=Swift=~
langbaobao

#5 Post by langbaobao »

I don't know how hte free trial works, but if it downloads the whole game from the Net it could take some time. The box version was on 2 DVDs and on my computer it takes up 11.5 GB. When I first installed it the game downloaded about 800-900 MBs of patches. The latest big patch was some 300 MBs...
--
[b]Tholwë the Enforcer[/b]
Defenders of Ulthuan Mapmaker

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cs6lk2j.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg6fohh.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/adjjyj.gif[/img]
[quote="harry"]fight in three ranks, eighteen ranks deep.[/quote]
Dragonez

Re: Free Trial - Downloading Patch

#6 Post by Dragonez »

I am downloading the patch myself.

So maybe I will see you on it :D

Assuming it runs on my machine :)
"The Dark can embrace the Light but never eclipse it"
Elbereth

Re: Free Trial - Downloading Patch

#7 Post by Elbereth »

Yeah, patches can be very big sometimes. I would just advise to run the patcher when you sleep, least amount of pain in my opinion.

Langboabao, you still playing? I see Archangel every once in a while, but nobody else.
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing sing sing...
...ding-a-ling-a-ling.
Tahl

Re:

#8 Post by Tahl »

SwiftSwordmaster wrote:O and another question, if i just went out and bought the game would i still have to wait 4 days for the patch to download or cud i play it straight away?
Cheers for any help
~=Swift=~
If you get a new game then it will be the latest version when the disc was made. If you could get a brand new disc than you wouldn't need to patch. However there's no guarantee that the disc hasn't been sitting on the stores shelf for months and therefore would require some patching.

The only time I've seen it be worthwhile is when my friend who had left WOW a few years ago came back to it and had a crap load of patching to do and by buying a new disc he romped a large amount from it.
Winner of the 'Best member' award Incumbent
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wraith-lord/misc/Animebanner.gif?t=1285150718[/img]
Grimmjow Akutabi

Re:

#9 Post by Grimmjow Akutabi »

SwiftSwordmaster wrote:Ok Thanks Grant, BTW even when i wasnt on my comp is was still going at the same pace just about. I'm not sure if i will even bother downloading the patch but thank you.
~=Swift=~
There's a good chance your ISP cuts your download speed in the day. Leave your PC downloading it over night, and you shouldnt have a problem.

Also, you'll need to patch WAR off'a the disc, simply cause, there is a new patch coming out this month anyway.

It's definatly worth it though (If your ISP isn't like mine, I can't play between 1700-0000 which annoys me. ISP switch soon though 8))
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/spyro201/LVULTHb35.jpg[/img]