Unit fillers

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Dastan

Unit fillers

#1 Post by Dastan »

Hi

i will be attending my first turnament in 2 months time, and need ideas for unit fillers.

my army is a red/white theme with gold metal that can either be eataine or chrace.

I have looked a bit around at some of the unit fillers people have made and loved them.
so i thought maybe you people have awesome ideas for some or pictures. Preferably 40 x 40 bases but everything else can work too.

I'm so far planning on using lions from the chariot and some of the obelisk from the lord on dragon set
An army fighting without Eagle claws is either foolish or courageous, either way i wish no part in it.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Unit fillers

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome to the forum. I have seen a few here and there, though I don't have any pictures I can show you.

Some ideas you could think about;

- using the lion from the chariot as unit filler. Create a base for it and it looks great in a Chrace themed army.
- the same with a RBT (in a unit of archers for instance).
- Models standing on rocks is a fairly common, fast and easy one. Just put a rock on a 40 X 40 base, take a model from the unit and put it on top.
- Other terrain features can work as well. I've seen trees used for Wood Elves or White Lions for instance.

What tournament are you planning to go to and what list do you want to take?
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Mireadur

#3 Post by Mireadur »

what i do is to put a character on a special base (40x40 or even 60x40) inside the unit which serves as filler. For Cracia i have khoril accompanied by a white lion as it has been mentioned by prince.

Hope its helpful. Good luck in the tournament!

EDIT:

Dastan

#4 Post by Dastan »

Those are some very nice fillers, and was something along the lines of what i was looking for, will try to find some good rocks for the pieces.

I'm gonna play at a small-ish turnament at nørdmarket in denmark, and i'm pretty new to the game so i'm still testing out what works and what should stay on the shelf
An army fighting without Eagle claws is either foolish or courageous, either way i wish no part in it.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

Dastan wrote: I'm gonna play at a small-ish turnament at nørdmarket in denmark, and i'm pretty new to the game so i'm still testing out what works and what should stay on the shelf
That sounds like lots of fun. Keep us updated. And if you want some feedback on an army list or idea you have then let us know and we'll see what we can do for you :)

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
TyrrenAzureblade

#6 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

That's interesting using the champions or characters as unit fillers. But how do you work around the increased base size? Does that mean that more enemy models can direct their attacks at the champion/character?
Dastan

#7 Post by Dastan »

I'm gonna need some help for the list, but seeing as i want this post to be about the unit fillers, i'm gonna put it in the 9th age part of the forum
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

It's fairly common to have unit fillers in the back ranks, where they don't have any impact at all. If they're in the front-rank then it's pretty much always assumed that they simple represent X-amount of models. So if you have a filler which is 2 bases wide, then it's assumed that there's two models standing there. And you have to make it clear before combat who is standing in which place.

Check out my plog