The Dawn of New Caledor

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nicanor

Re: The Dawn of New Caledor

#31 Post by Nicanor »

Hate painting faces. I'm terrible at it. I always try my best to get minis with full helmets though it's unavoidable sometimes. Could greenstuff some veils....
Icarion

#32 Post by Icarion »

Nicanor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:04 pm Hate painting faces. I'm terrible at it. I always try my best to get minis with full helmets though it's unavoidable sometimes. Could greenstuff some veils....
Oh yeah! I will also have a hard time doing that... which is why i will start painting the highelf army with "less faces", as in my Ice themed army people will be well-packed due to ice and snow! :wink:
...nevertheless, i will have to learn it one day, so from time to time i try my best.
One face i´m pretty proud of, is the one of Gorfan (captain of Lord Zhufor´s Bodyguard, a 40k model that i posted below), but it´s always easier to paint an ugly m*therf*cker like this or one of the countless daemons i did, than an elf, that has to be kinda beautiful... ](*,)
Attachments
Gorfan-front.jpg
Gorfan-front.jpg (71.06 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
Caledor for life!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#33 Post by Prince of Spires »

Icarion wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:43 am but it´s always easier to paint an ugly m*therf*cker like this or one of the countless daemons i did, than an elf, that has to be kinda beautiful.
Yeah, that definitely is an issue with elves... It's a lot harder if everything has to be perfect and symetrical rather than messy.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Icarion

#34 Post by Icarion »

Prince of Spires wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:21 pm
Icarion wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:43 am but it´s always easier to paint an ugly m*therf*cker like this or one of the countless daemons i did, than an elf, that has to be kinda beautiful.
Yeah, that definitely is an issue with elves... It's a lot harder if everything has to be perfect and symetrical rather than messy.
sad but true, but once it´s done, it looks really epic and beautiful!
Caledor for life!