Secret Santa 2016

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Secret Santa 2016

#61 Post by Prince of Spires »

Indeed. Don't send it before end of November / beginning of December. In my experience, this gives the gift more then enough time to arrive at its destination (even around Christmas it takes 2 weeks at most to pretty much anywhere in the world). And it also allows us to "redirect" the gift in case your recipient were to disappear (though that's normally unlikely)... Aicanor indeed will give the ok to send :)

Personally I'm planning to visit a few shops tomorrow during my lunchbreak to gather some ideas.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#62 Post by Aicanor »

Prince of Spires is right. Do not send too early (unless you know you won't be able to send later), but in any case, consult with me. It is a precaution based on past years' experiences.
Also, for all those people not already active in the Secret Santa topic, tell us about your progress (or even lack of) till the end of the month. We need to know you are still around!

---
I have an idea what to do and now I also have the time so I am off to gather all the parts I need for the conversion (I just need to go through the contents of my cupbpard and see what works... :mrgreen:).
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#63 Post by Prince of Spires »

Time for a sneak preview...

As mentioned earlier, an idea is slowly (very slowly...) forming in my head. And going through my pile of old miniature models I came across this box which sort of would work. We'll see how it turns out of course. But last time I tried something similar it worked nicely. I just hope it's not too much work for the next month or so. And that it's actually doable of course. We'll see.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Gandalf_82

#64 Post by Gandalf_82 »

I had an idea but I think I've changed my mind (even though i'd started on my idea!)

Still busy finishing the decorating on my house in the evenings and weekends for another couple weeks though so just need to make sure I have everything to hand for end of November when I can devote some serious time to this. :)
Andrew_uk

#65 Post by Andrew_uk »

Thought I'd share this funny moment with you all on this thread. We have a customer at work who's name is Rudolphos. He introduced us via email to his new business partner today - a guy who's surname was Santa. You can't make this up!!

It's almost as funny as when I was at uni and I found a flat for myself - the previous occupant was a Japanese guy named Yoshi, one of the others in the flat was an Italian called Mario and he had a friend named Luigi. I was crying for days over that one.
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#66 Post by Prince of Spires »

I've lots of things going on besides the SS project (or WH for that matter). So, I'm looking to steal a moment here and there in the evening to keep it moving forward. I'm currently at the stage where I have a pile of bits and I'm wondering if / how it will all come together. I'm sure it will be fine and I can see where I want to go. But I'm not yet sure how I'll get there....

Rod

Check out my plog

azur

#67 Post by azur »

Projekt 80% done. Aicanor do you send the adresses separate? Because i dont seem to have it?

//azur
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#68 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

azur wrote:Projekt 80% done. Aicanor do you send the adresses separate? Because i dont seem to have it?

//azur
ja, she sends them later as people say they are finished. It seemed to help last year.
Gandalf_82

#69 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Andrew_uk wrote:Thought I'd share this funny moment with you all on this thread. We have a customer at work who's name is Rudolphos. He introduced us via email to his new business partner today - a guy who's surname was Santa. You can't make this up!!

It's almost as funny as when I was at uni and I found a flat for myself - the previous occupant was a Japanese guy named Yoshi, one of the others in the flat was an Italian called Mario and he had a friend named Luigi. I was crying for days over that one.
Haha superb!! You've got to love that kind of coincidence! :lol:
Duranthalis

#70 Post by Duranthalis »

Project is coming along. Still having issues getting the right shades, Simple Green and toothbrush getting a workout. :/

Also, got inspired to add onto it, will see if I can get the right parts for it (or dig around in the bits box to see if I can come up with a conversion and pray that it doesn't come out too shabby).
PLOG here!
High Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 12/150/1
Wood Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 18/2/43
Space Orks, done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.
WH40K Imperials (BT/SoB/SW), done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.

Prepare for a surprise attack!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#71 Post by SpellArcher »

Model selected (conversion not applicable), undercoated and painting begun!

:)
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#72 Post by Domine Nox »

Kinda slacked off a bit, but I will still meet my deadline!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#73 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Finally got started. I should be able to finish in time.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#74 Post by Aicanor »

Still waiting for Lord Drakon, direweasel and Malossar to confirm their continuing presence.

I will be sending addresses to you during this coming week. But unless it is not absolutely neccessary, do not send yet.

Looking forward to the first pictures already! :D
Andrew_uk

#75 Post by Andrew_uk »

Please could you send out addresses for people to send to now? I'm ready to send mine :)
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#76 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I made some more progress. Still thinking maybe I'll be able to send in time for a pre christmas arrival.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#77 Post by Prince of Spires »

Progress is happening. I'm unsure if I'll make the christmas deadline. But, it's still a month before I have to send mine, so there is still time to catch up I guess. I'm at about the 25% mark. Which means assembly is about halfway. Less a pile of bits and more something which starts looking like a model...

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#78 Post by SpellArcher »

Finished painting the model just the base to do.

Except the base is a bit more involved than usual.

:)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#79 Post by Aicanor »

My progress is slow, but I still should be able to finish on time.

Official Update:

I got a word from direweasel. He made some progress and I hope he posts here soon as well.
Lord Drakon - I have no idea what he's up to - if he's still MIA by the end of this week, he's out.
No word from Malossar, he seems to be quiet on other fora as well, so I guess real life interefered in some way. He's been very reliable for many years, so I'm willing to wait a bit. In any case I hope all is well with him.

I'll start sending addresses now. If you do not have a PM from me by next Monday (28th), please send me a message.
Gandalf_82

#80 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Have made a start on mine, 50:50 at this point whether or not I make the Christmas deadline though. Would rather send something I am happy with than a rush job! :)
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#81 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Made a MAJOR change to the plan today. But for the better. I think it'll still be done on time.
azur

#82 Post by azur »

Mine is done, awaiting mail =)

Just need to take some pics of the.. Gift.
direweasel

#83 Post by direweasel »

Still here. I have some old models soaking in SimpleGreen, and after this week, I should have pretty substantial free time and getting them painted should be no trouble at all. In fact, I'll NEED to paint as therapy for getting through this week. =P

Will take pics as I go. Won't post, so as not to spoil the surprise. :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#84 Post by SpellArcher »

Done half the base.

Fiddly.

:mrgreen:
Andrew_uk

#85 Post by Andrew_uk »

I'm ready to send. May I?

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#86 Post by SpellArcher »

Have you had a PM from the lady lately Andrew?

If not, might be worth PMing her.

Edit: Because even if she hasn't logged in, she may get email alerts from PM's.
Andrew_uk

#87 Post by Andrew_uk »

I got the PM with the address - just not sure if I can send yet - I'd like to send before the end of the week as I'm in Manchester for a training course next week

Lord Drakon

#88 Post by Lord Drakon »

Hi there sorry for the silence warhammer has been out of the picture for some time as RL interfered! I have not started yet but will finish on time as I will create some the next 2/3 weeks. Thanks for the patience!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#89 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Andrew_uk wrote:I got the PM with the address - just not sure if I can send yet - I'd like to send before the end of the week as I'm in Manchester for a training course next week
Unless you are sending to one of those who was listed as out of touch you should be good to go.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#90 Post by Aicanor »

@Andrew, you can definitely post as soon as you wish.

@Lord Drakon, good to hear from you. You are still in then, but please do not vanish again, stay in touch and keep us updated.

In other news, we have a first package on its way! =D>

PS: All addresses should be posted now.