Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Re: Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts

#31 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

This little fellow is up now on Admiralty Miniatures:

Halfling Adventurer of Ancient Times.

Bubby "Gutso" Lardbairn had always been a good shot. And a hearty eater, by all accounts. And so his belly hadn't sunk thin when he got wandering feet and started trekking all across the wide, weird lands out there beyond his lush little home.

No, instead his rotund body had swelled further still, for Bubby had mastered the art of foraging and cooking while roughing it in the wilds. It had started modestly, with some eggs stolen from nests here, and some small animals poached there. At first it had taken effort and concentration, but after a while Bubby "Gutso" found that he had a true knack for this kind of thing. And so his stubby limbs went through the motions without thinking about it: Spotting and sneaking and stalking. Climbing and reaching and grabbing. Flinging and flaying and flensing. Bundling and binding and bagging.

And above all, eating all the time.

There were meals, of course. Many meals in a short day. A decent fellow couldn't miss out on a meal now, could he? And then there were those belly rumblings in between meals, so there had to be snacks as well. Rumour had it that the ravenous Halfling had pushed more than one company of fellow travellers to starvation as their provisions vanished down his gullet. Indeed, nasty rumours even claimed that some of jolly Bubby's companions had disappeared down his little cooking pot...

Yet he couldn't care less about the waggling tongues of others. Not when his own was about to taste a ripe peach! And apparently also a fowl soon enough, for his eyes detected the bird and his slinging arm went into a spin all of its own while he licked the stolen fruit. For Bubby "Gutso" Lardbairn had mastered the art of eating and hunting at the same time, and he couldn't enjoy life more than he already did on this sunny day!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#32 Post by SpellArcher »

He’s got character!

=D>
Karak Norn Clansman

#33 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

@SpellArcher: Thank you!

Vermin Guard Centurion

Vermin Guard Centurion of fallen Avras, leading his soldiers onward against the barbaric foe. Note the ridged kite shield with plumbata darts and AVRAS​ sign on its inside. Note also the Mediaeval Roman lamellar armour, paramerion scimitar, pugio dagger, the spear's sauroter spike counterweight as well as the ruined Roman brickwork.

Sculpted at the very end of 2019 AD as a practice model for posing, shield and spear sculpting. I am currently looking for a casting/miniature company willing to adopt this random character sculpt into their permanent range. My go-to caster for single miniature moulds currently do not make new moulds.

You can find tutorials for how to sculpt lamellar armour, skull, string bow knot, pteruges and much more ​here.

Happy new year!
Karak Norn Clansman

#34 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Vermin Vicarius

A dodgy slimeball of a civil official, all sleeze and falsehoods. Note the late antique Roman pillbox hat and Byzantine lorum, as well as the Gladius gripped treacherously behind his back, the small rat nasting on his right elbow, and the bribe-pouch hanging from his tail.

To be released in the future.

MasterOfNone

#35 Post by MasterOfNone »

Wow, really marvelous sculpting skills, congratulations.
My painting blog

My WHFB armies:
High Elves
Dwarfs
Orcs and Goblins
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#36 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's a great model indeed. Loads of interesting details on it. You should give us a picture with him painted ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.