Secret Santa 2015

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andrew_uk

Re: Secret Santa 2015

#241 Post by Andrew_uk »

Nox, was your gift the hand maiden or the walls/fences?
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#242 Post by Domine Nox »

All of the above.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Cealyne

#243 Post by Cealyne »

Nox, I sent that a week and a half ago. Or so I thought. I got a call from UPS Friday asking about this package they had. Apparently I had your address wrong. My bad. Hope you enjoy!
"So do all who see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given!"
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#244 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Domine Nox wrote:All of the above.
Very nice. That champion model is one that is sort of hard to find. The musician and standard came in a box with the everqueen, but the only way to get the champ was on her own. That's a pretty cool gift.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#245 Post by Domine Nox »

Indeed, and it works very well with my plethora of Maidens from that set, since expanding with that model line is very very hard these days.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Andrew_uk

#246 Post by Andrew_uk »

Good to hear we have another happy recipient :) does that mean just 2 left to arrive?
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Aicanor
Rainbows

#247 Post by Aicanor »

Andrew_uk wrote:Good to hear we have another happy recipient :) does that mean just 2 left to arrive?
Actually, everything sent has been delivered. Shannar's SS remains unconfirmed by the recipient, but I hope it will be resolved soon.

This is how we stand. I guess you can fill the blanks easily. :)
Working:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Elithmar
Aicanor

Received:
Prince of Spires (by Galharen)
Galharen (by Andrew_uk)
Rowena (by Domine Nox)
Elithmar (unopened)
Cealyne (by theviking)
azur (waiting for pics)
Shannar, Sealord (by Rowena)
theviking (by Imrik Gwindorian)
Andrew_uk (by Malossar)
Domine Nox (by Cealyne)
??? (by Shannar, Sealord)

PS: I need to hear from Elessehta and Imrik. In case you can't log in to Ulthuan, delete cookies in your browser. There are some PMs waiting for delivery.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#248 Post by Prince of Spires »

Aicanor wrote:Received:
=>
Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I'm late again, having to start from scratch didn't actually set me back, the oppressive heat has. I have this weekend free, so planning on getting it finished.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post pictures of the one I sent you.
So, we can fill that one...

Leaving Elithmar to open his and azur to post pictures of his.

And of course some slow people ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#249 Post by Galharen »

nicely done this year :) :)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#250 Post by Aicanor »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Aicanor wrote:Received:
=>
Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I'm late again, having to start from scratch didn't actually set me back, the oppressive heat has. I have this weekend free, so planning on getting it finished.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post pictures of the one I sent you.
So, we can fill that one...
Technically we do not know yet whether he received it or not.
And of course some slow people ;)
Oh, well, going to repaint the face. But it looks almost tabletop worthy. But if someone doesn't confirm their current address soon, I won't be able to post it anyway. :lol:
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#251 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Technically we do not know yet whether he received it or not.
It's true. Tracking says it was delivered (and picked up at the post office at that), so I'm 99% sure he got it. I'd love to see verification that it survived the trip though.
John Rainbow

#252 Post by John Rainbow »

Wowzers! Some cool stuff coming through!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#253 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Well I was hoping that confirmation of the gift I sent arriving would come in the form of pictures. But it hasn't yet (I'm thinking he might be having trouble with the cookies). But anyway, here is the tracking to say it got picked up. I figure I should share it before I lose track of it.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 58580263us
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#254 Post by Prince of Spires »

The gift I sent was confirmed arrived a while back already. But so far, no pictures have appeared. So, since I want to share what I made, here are pictures of the model I send to Azur

As I said earlier, I'm happy with how it turned out. And it was tough letting it go.

Comments welcome :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#255 Post by SpellArcher »

Dynamic!

:)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#256 Post by Aicanor »

That is great looking model, Spires.

I do not think Elessehta has problem with cookies. But he may have too many private messages in his inbox. Or some such. :mrgreen:

IMPORTANT NOTE: I still need Imrik Gwindorian to log in though. If you can't, Imrik, you need to delete cookies for Ulthuan site in your browser and try again.
Gandalf_82

#257 Post by Gandalf_82 »

That's an awesome SS Rod! Can see why you had trouble letting it go!! :)
azur

#258 Post by azur »

Just to be juste to prince of spires!

it is a lovely model!!
and im a bit embarassed that i didnt yet manage to get the tumbs out of my @** to get some pictures and post it. (the worst case is that i dont really have a good excuse =/.. but atleast i made some pics too! =).. i hope my gift was well received aswell altough i read its not yet open. i guess thy that waits for something.. aye..

=)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#259 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm glad you like it azur. I had no idea what to get you. Then I came across this model (it's from the reaper bones line). Which isn't perhaps the best or most detailed of models, but it's great value for money. So, I figured a dragon is always good :)

As for the color scheme, I wanted to do something different from my regular red and white. Part of the fun for me from SS is doing something completely different from the regular painting. And perhaps try some unusual modelling in the process. After a tip from Aicanor (thanks for that :) ), I went purple. Which is very different from painting red. And the base was fun and more elaborate then what I normally go for. All in all, it was a pleasure to make the model, even though there was a bit of time pressure (something with starting too late...)

Rod

Check out my plog

Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#260 Post by Ferny »

Can you link to the model Rod? It's a great looking beastie, and you've set him up perfectly as a display centre-piece with that base :).

Gotta say I'm impressed this year, everyone's coming up trumps! Some really generous Santas here!
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#261 Post by Prince of Spires »

I got mine from ebay somewhere.

Here's the dragon on reapers own site: Pathfinder Red Dragon. They really have loads of interesting models. All for the price of a nice birthday present. Not all of them look as well on the pictures. The smaller models suffer more from the lack of detail I think. But if you want a bunch of monsters I'd give them a look.

Ebay has plenty of them as well, which may be more advantageous shipping wise, depending on your location. E.g.: Pathfinder Red Dragon

Comes without a base, so you need to make (or buy) something yourself. But a small piece of plywood easily fixes that :) It's a bit smaller then a GW dragon, so I felt the model would benefit from a raised base.

Rod

Check out my plog

Malossar
Something Cool

#262 Post by Malossar »

Still nothing here :'( after years of successfully receiving it appears it was my turn to be due.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#263 Post by Aicanor »

Let's wait until end of February. After that, I'll solve this as well as I can. I still need Imrik to read my PM though. I hope he's all right...
Malossar
Something Cool

#264 Post by Malossar »

I'm not overly concerned. I had fun painting Andrew's chosen champion. :)

I just wanted to whine a little bit ;)
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#265 Post by Prince of Spires »

Malossar wrote:I'm not overly concerned. I had fun painting Andrew's chosen champion. :)

I just wanted to whine a little bit ;)
Nothing wrong with that every now and then. And who knows, it might just inspire the three slow painters this year to start painting. A month after Christmas. They should be done by now ;)

Of course, there's always the chance that you'll get a nice easter gift instead ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Galharen
Master of Brushes

#266 Post by Galharen »

I hope everyone gets his/her christmas gift :!:
It's rather frustrating that some people pretend that they didnt have time to finish anything in 1 year, but gladly receive their gifts at the same time.
You take part in this event or not, think about it before signing it:)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#267 Post by Aicanor »

I promise I'll not take part in another one risking being late again. In other words, I believe no one is planning on being late. Sometimes, things happen. But all in all, what matters is that the gift is delivered in the end.
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#268 Post by Galharen »

You are right, of course, but my point was that every year there is one or more people who fail never loging-in again. Kind of cheat, for my taste. But we can't avoid it, this risk was always included, as they say: no risk no fun. :)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#269 Post by Aicanor »

Galharen wrote:You are right, of course, but my point was that every year there is one or more people who fail never loging-in again. Kind of cheat, for my taste. But we can't avoid it, this risk was always included, as they say: no risk no fun. :)
I think you don't quite understand why these people don't log again. It is pride, not cheating. Exile is the price of failure. I would of course prefer if they were able to persevere. A few months' delay is not that bad all things considered.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#270 Post by Elithmar »

I wasn't planning to be late, but I'm not going to pretend I didn't have time to finish it in time. I really regret signing up actually. But I'm going to make sure I finish it. And I didn't gladly receive anything. I still haven't opened my gift and feel quite ashamed to have received it.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor