Secret Santa 2015

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andrew_uk

Re: Secret Santa 2015

#211 Post by Andrew_uk »

Elithmar wrote:
Aicanor wrote:But to answer for myself, I just primed the model. Painting ahead, yay! It may not sound like much, but I consider it major victory. :lol:
That makes me feel slightly better. Well, I should be fairly busy over the next week but I promise I'll get on with it then, maybe for the 25th January. One month late is better than never, I suppose. :? :oops:
I disagree. Being never late is definitely better :p
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Aicanor
Rainbows

#212 Post by Aicanor »

Being never late might be better, but it is no longer an option. Trying to finish it in time for coming of Christ (estimated 7 BC :mrgreen: ) would be in the same category. ;)
Looking forward to all the models to come. The two gifts on their way may take some time still. I am aiming at end of January with mine. And let Elesehta to speak for himself. I know he was at least half way through at Christmas and has graciously agreed to redirect his project at the end of Nocember after Giladis had to give up due to 9th age work.
To quote Bilbo Baggins: "Time! Time!"
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#213 Post by Galharen »

Andrew_uk wrote:
Elithmar wrote:
Aicanor wrote:But to answer for myself, I just primed the model. Painting ahead, yay! It may not sound like much, but I consider it major victory. :lol:
That makes me feel slightly better. Well, I should be fairly busy over the next week but I promise I'll get on with it then, maybe for the 25th January. One month late is better than never, I suppose. :? :oops:
I disagree. Being never late is definitely better :p
+1 :)
Rowena

#214 Post by Rowena »

Domine Nox wrote:Pssh, easy guess when there's only a couple names to pick from. :lol: I don't normally fess up to these, I like to embrace the 'secret' part.

Roweena, I'm really glad you liked the Moonlocks. I had my misgivings after I did more investigation into your blog to make sure I got the colorscheme as close as possible, when I saw Mandrakes had been used for your Shades. So hearing that you are pleased with the final result is a relief. They were a lot of fun to make and paint, and really hard to let go of when they were done. :lol:
I'm glad I know who to thank. They are absolutely amazing and the colourscheme is perfect. And don't worry about me already using the mandrakes, they are lovely models and I think these are different enough from the shades. They're in the same army after all. :)
Thanks again!

Shannar: I'm glad the model arrived and that you liked it. It's a shame about the arm, I tried to pack it as securely as possible in the box, but I suppose the model is just too fragile. :( I just hope it wasn't too hard to fix.
Does she fit? I wanted to make a Mordheim Dark elf, but I might be off the mark here...

Anyway, here is the picture I took, but I hope you can make some better ones. My photography skills are not the best, to say the least.

My painting blog
Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#215 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'm late again, having to start from scratch didn't actually set me back, the oppressive heat has. I have this weekend free, so planning on getting it finished.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Andrew_uk

#216 Post by Andrew_uk »

My mum called me today to say that a package failed to deliver today :)

I'm at my girlfriends tonight, but can pick up the card from home tomorrow and then it's straight round to the post office
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#217 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I'm late again, having to start from scratch didn't actually set me back, the oppressive heat has. I have this weekend free, so planning on getting it finished.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post pictures of the one I sent you. If it didn't get there let me know (it says delivered, but it doesn't actually say where so there is still a chance something went wrong).

This project was kind of my way of dealing with the end times, and tieing it into earlier days that I enjoyed. The tears of Isha flooding Ulthuan. I hope you like it.

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#218 Post by SpellArcher »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post pictures of the one I sent you.
=D>

I've got this model somewhere and really like it. There's something starkly appealing about how you've done this Shannar.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#219 Post by Prince of Spires »

great looking terrain piece. I love the idea :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Andrew_uk

#220 Post by Andrew_uk »

It's arrived!! And boy was it worth the wait.

I decided to race home and get it on my lunchbreak as this way I could take some photos in daylight (not that we get any in the UK). I'll put a little snow on the base next time I'm basing some warriors... But the painting quality is fantastic!!

Here he is in the cabinet with the other WoC models :)

Thank you Santa

theviking

#221 Post by theviking »

I finally got around to taking pics of my present! This is a limited edition skaven warlord from Gamesday 2011, which I really prefer over the current plastic model. I'm very happy with him, so many thanks to my secret santa!

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#222 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Prince of Spires wrote:great looking terrain piece. I love the idea :)

Rod
It was kind of fun to do. The original plan was to do the world dragon around the base, but due to travel plans that had to get scrapped. I think it would have changed the piece from being pretty nice to one of my best ever. But it also probably wouldn't be finished until April since I'll be away from my supplies most of that time.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#223 Post by SpellArcher »

theviking wrote: I'm very happy with him,
Mmm, nice job.
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#224 Post by Galharen »

Love the Ulthuan Island there! Looks like a real water :) :)
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#225 Post by Domine Nox »

Great terrain piece, especially the water coming out of the fountain. Also a suitably despicable skaven, and Warrior of Chaos. Beautiful gifts this year.

So at this point we're just waiting for Malossar's gift to reach its destination, and then wait for the slackers- I mean other three, to finish up. Right?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#226 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Galharen wrote:Love the Ulthuan Island there! Looks like a real water :) :)
http://www.eti-usa.com/envirotex-lite/ is an amazing product for that sort of project. And much cheaper than the stuff that's sold for hobby use.
Andrew_uk

#227 Post by Andrew_uk »

So at this point we're just waiting for Malossar's gift to reach its destination, and then wait for the slackers- I mean other three, to finish up. Right?
Mine could have been from him? Not sure... I just know it came from a talented painter based in the US :)

Whoever you are, THANK YOU!! I love the model

Aicanor
Rainbows

#228 Post by Aicanor »

Some really nice models since I last made a summary. =D>
Work in progress:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Elithmar
Aicanor

Sent:
Shannar, Sealord
Malossar (sent... and again...)
Cealyne
azur
Imrik Gwindorian
Prince of Spires

Received:
Prince of Spires (by Galharen)
Galharen (by Andrew_uk)
Rowena (by Domine Nox)
Elithmar (unopened)
Cealyne (by theviking)
azur (waiting for pics)
Shannar, Sealord (by Rowena)
theviking (make a guess ;-))
Andrew_uk (make a guess ;-))
??? (by Shannar, Sealord)
PS: Basecoats done here... Looks gaudy, but I'll tone the colours down.

PPS: In case you can't log in to Ulthuan, delete cookies in your browser. There are some PMs waiting for delivery. :mrgreen:
theviking

#229 Post by theviking »

Judging by my efforts the past half hour it's a good thing I'm not a detective. But I'll guess azur did mine?
Gandalf_82

#230 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Some great work here guys, well done everyone! (and a very belated Merry Christmas!)

Been away from these forums for ages now but reading this thread I wish I'd made the effort this year having really enjoyed the SS the year before. I will endeavour to be back for the 2016 SS! :)

Becoming a father has been the best thing ever but has completely taken up my time so I've been picking up a paint brush rather than posting on here. I've also been having a massive sulk with Warhammer in general after those bar stewards over at GW shafted WFB with Age of Sigmar. Buggers. (All of my HE's are packed away for now!) But I shall at least start checking in here again! Looks like numbers were down on the SS this year but still well done everyone who did take part! =D>
Aicanor
Rainbows

#231 Post by Aicanor »

theviking wrote:Judging by my efforts the past half hour it's a good thing I'm not a detective. But I'll guess azur did mine?
Miss! Good news is you can have another try. :wink: :D

Gandalf_82, welcome back! Becoming a parent redefines the concept of free time for you, doesn't it? :D With some luck, there will be more to look forward than net Secret Santa.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#232 Post by SpellArcher »

Gandalf_82 wrote:All of my HE's are packed away for now!
8th, 9th Age, Kings of War?
Malossar
Something Cool

#233 Post by Malossar »

Andrew,

I'm was your Santa! I'm glad you like him, I figured the nurgle herald could make a really cool chosen champion since it looked like your Warriors were a pretty padded collection already :D
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#234 Post by Domine Nox »

Well with Andrew's being announced. I will guess that theviking's was done by Imrik.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Gandalf_82

#235 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Aicanor wrote:
Gandalf_82, welcome back! Becoming a parent redefines the concept of free time for you, doesn't it? :D With some luck, there will be more to look forward than net Secret Santa.
hehe thanks and yeah it certainly does that! Although I definitely appreciate it a lot more now when I do get a free hour or two here and there!

SpellArcher wrote:
Gandalf_82 wrote:All of my HE's are packed away for now!
8th, 9th Age, Kings of War?
Yeah it's only a temporary thing SpellArcher and kind of linked in to having a little baby and less spare time as well as being annoyed with GW. I've been painting and playing Flames of War for most of last year but I've nearly finished a whole company now. Quite a few people at my local club play Kings of War and are still playing 8th so I'll be getting them back out soon enough. (Hence getting back on these forums as well!) :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#236 Post by SpellArcher »

Glad to hear it!

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#237 Post by Prince of Spires »

Domine Nox wrote:Well with Andrew's being announced. I will guess that theviking's was done by Imrik.
I was thinking by Cealyne :)
Gandalf_82 wrote:
Aicanor wrote: Gandalf_82, welcome back! Becoming a parent redefines the concept of free time for you, doesn't it? :D With some luck, there will be more to look forward than net Secret Santa.
hehe thanks and yeah it certainly does that! Although I definitely appreciate it a lot more now when I do get a free hour or two here and there!
I know the feeling. Time becomes a lot more precious. But, I do find that the little time I have is spent a little more efficiently then before (when not sleeping that is...)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Andrew_uk

#238 Post by Andrew_uk »

Malossar wrote:Andrew,

I'm was your Santa! I'm glad you like him, I figured the nurgle herald could make a really cool chosen champion since it looked like your Warriors were a pretty padded collection already :D
They are padded in more ways than one with their thick fur coats!!

I think the model is perfect. Thank you :)

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#239 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Rowena wrote:
Shannar: I'm glad the model arrived and that you liked it. It's a shame about the arm, I tried to pack it as securely as possible in the box, but I suppose the model is just too fragile. :( I just hope it wasn't too hard to fix.
Does she fit? I wanted to make a Mordheim Dark elf, but I might be off the mark here...
It fits really nicely. And she's armed perfectly, depending on the DE list that we use she can be a witch elf, a beastmaster, or she could play the role of a sorceress well enough to work.

The arm is a really fragile point. I wanted to pin it before putting it back together, but I chickened out because I didn't want to risk chipping any paint before I took pictures (Which still hasn't happened :oops: ) It it falls off again I will pin it though. The lizard will see game play as well, so I'm quite happy.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#240 Post by Domine Nox »

So much to my surprise my SS arrived today. This was very unexpected, as by my count I should have been waiting for the people that said they weren't done yet, but hey!