Secret Santa 2015

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Secret Santa 2015

#301 Post by Prince of Spires »

The day is now Friday...

And, and, and?

;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#302 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I don't have the address, I messaged Aicanor for it, but I haven't received a reply yet =(
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Imrik Gwindorian

#303 Post by Imrik Gwindorian »

Aicanor wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:I sure Aicanor is actively trying to keep in contact with both Elessehta and Elithmar. But we can't do much beyond sending PM's.
This year, I'll require E-mail address as well, it will make things a bit easier. The risk is always there, but that's life. :D
Give it 20 hours and you can get something very nice out of the door.
I can't! :lol:

And I think Swordmaster has the gist of it. This is something we all do of our free will. It is not a contest. In ideal case, everyone wins.

And now if I can get Imrik to post here (if you can't log in, it is issue with cookies, you need to delete them - see the post above this one), we'll be good again.
So I finally sorted my cookies thing. My sincerest apologies for not being around, I've been mega busy and hobby took a backseat I'm afraid. I'm back now though. Haven't received anything yet. Sorry for being a pain in the arse because I hadn't logged in.

Nox, how you guessed the Skaven warlord was sent by me I have no idea, but colour me impressed. =D>
Aicanor
Rainbows

#304 Post by Aicanor »

Another Friday and this time Ele has had the address this time. :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#305 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

You guys know me, so you shouldn't be surprised that I haven't sent the model yet. It was a last minute thing; I was told that I was needed to make the numbers even for a 9th Age event, that I signed up for ages ago, but told my mate running it it wasn't really feasible for me to make it. Some of my club mates made it happen though, but I had to leave Friday after work, crash at a mates, then get a ride to the event, 3+ hrs away, rock the event, and then come all the way home. I think it was past 9pm when I got home Saturday, such a long day. It was a great event, I took some photos and should probably post them in my PLOG. It's been a little while since I posted anything in there. if you want to see the images before I upload them to here, all my photos and stuff are public on Facebook, if you are on there this link should take you to the Photo Album.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#306 Post by SpellArcher »

Post something on our 9th Age forum Ele!

:)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#307 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Maybe I'll post the tournament thing in there rather than my PLOG, not a bad idea.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#308 Post by Elithmar »

:oops:

I'm really sorry again for being so late but I want to post some pictures of the model I received from a very kind Santa. It's a converted Teclis in some very vibrant colours and with some nice magical lighting effects on Teclis' eyes, staff and sword, as well as freehand runes on the robes. I love it and am extremely grateful for it. I can only apologise massively for not posting pictures of it much much sooner and recognising the hard work which went into it.

I posted my own gift a few weeks ago and have heard that it arrived safely.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#309 Post by SpellArcher »

Much better late than never!

:)

I like the blending here.
Gandalf_82

#310 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Exactly what I was going to say Spellarcher, better late than never! What a lovely model, good work whoever did that!

When is the 2016 thread going up??! I'm keen to get involved and find out who I am painting for so I can get started. Got alot on over the next 6 months (house extension!) so my painting time is going to be somewhat restricted and I'll be wanting to get on eBay to buy whatever I'm going to paint. So the sooner the better from my point of view!
Malossar
Something Cool

#311 Post by Malossar »

I think we usually take sign ups in August and start work in September.

Can count me in!

I think i'm the only one who was not given a gift this year :'(
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
azur

#312 Post by azur »

:-D glad that you liked it! it was a fun model to paint and model!
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#313 Post by Ferny »

Malossar wrote:I think we usually take sign ups in August and start work in September.
What went wrong - I thought we had a full set this year?
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#314 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I lost it =(
I'm painting a new one, I really liked the old one. I just have to find a cool model. I've been painting samurai for display in some bonsai at my local beer garden lately, and an Infinity figure I got with my new book.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#315 Post by Aicanor »

Hi, sorry for the absence, getting back on track. There will be new Secret Santa and we are going to wrap up this one soon. Keep an eye on P&M section. :)
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#316 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Aicanor wrote:Hi, sorry for the absence, getting back on track. There will be new Secret Santa and we are going to wrap up this one soon. Keep an eye on P&M section. :)
That's good news.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#317 Post by Aicanor »

I finally sent mine. With some luck it will avoid demons of the warp and arrive soon.

Elessehta, did those famous mists of Yvresse lift enough for you to find yours? :wink:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#318 Post by Aicanor »

I owe you this post for quite some time. It came in perfect order, I only needed to put the elves on the chariot. Easy, yes?
Once I got to it, it didn't take too much time to put all together. It needed just that one little tweak... No doubt you guessed already what came next. :lol: I dropped the model and it broke into about ten pieces. #-o But now it is back in its original state. So behold, here I present the wonderful gift I got back in June.

Some of you no doubt already knows who the prince on the chariot is. Anyone?

The model was not all that came in the packet. There is also a story. But that would reveal too much too soon. To be continued... :wink:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#319 Post by Aicanor »

No one else here recognized glorious (and dashing) Prince Elithmar? Too bad!

(Secret Santa 2012)

And here is the rest of my gift:

ImageImage
Elithmar wrote:A messenger tentatively knocked on the door and entered. Before him, Prince Elithmar testily opened one eye as he reclined on a couch.
‘Yes?’
The messenger gulped. ‘It’s from the Phoenix King, Your Highness. He wants you to undertake a very secret mission in Elthin Arvan at once.’
‘I’ll get around to doing it at some point,’ the Prince muttered sleepily. ‘Now get out.’
Six months later…

An Asur chariot glided gracefully along a dusty road in Kislev. The midsummer sun blazed in the bright blue sky, a colour mirroring that of the many jewels which bedecked the chariot and its rider. Although the scorched land was bone dry, little rivers of sweat streamed down the elf. As Elithmar wished Princes didn’t have to look quite so dashing all the time and could take off just a few layers of armour and rich cloth, he wondered if perhaps he should have set off a bit more promptly, when it would have been cooler.
Noticing a sign to some obscure human settlement, ‘Praag’, he directed his fine Ellyrian horses in that direction, begging the gods that there would be water there. He noticed a building (hardly a building really - where were the palaces in this land? The lowliest of his servants would die rather than live in such a primitive hovel) by the side of the road. He dismounted and staggered towards the door.
Barging into the hut (princes do not knock), he noticed figures in the corner. Mustering what dignity he could while feeling as if he might melt in the heat any second and leave only a pile of extremely expensive jewels and robes, he addressed them.
“I am Prince Elithmar of Lothern, son of Arnarion, Kordranar’s heir. Now get me some water, peasants, before noble line comes to a rather abrupt end.’
As they stared at him in amazed silence, Elithmar suddenly realized. ‘Don’t I know you? Princess Aicanor of Saphery, isn’t it? But what are you doing in such a godforsaken land? In fact, forget it, just get me some water.’
He then had another moment of realization and shouted,
‘Keep those sabretusks away from me!’ as a couple of cats approached him with an air of curiosity.
Aicanor wrote:After a moment of stunned silence, Princess Aicanor spoke in an amused voice. “Well, yes, I am Aicanor Nenuvar va Thiaran, Princess of Saphery. I am really, um, glad to make your aquitance, Prince Elithmar. Gentlemen, this is the man we were waiting for, for… well, let’s say… Eternity.” She turned to the cats circling the newcomer.
“Now, now, girls,”Aicanor addressed them. “I believe there can be no mistake. This must be Prince Elithmar of Lothern.” The cats didn’t seem so sure about this new arrival. What they were sure about was that they were NOT sabretusks.
“Please excuse them,” she said. “Teclis forgot them in the Tower and while they took liking to me, I am afraid he didn’t think to teach them manners.” She waved her hand at the cats and slowly returned to her, their whiskers still bristling at the insult.
“Shall we?” Aicanor opened the door at the back of the chamber. Soft breeze brought smell of seawater to the dark room and indeed, as Elithmar followed her out, he was welcomed by a well known glitter of sunlight on the waves. From the light haze at the horizon two needles pierced the sky, one was a familiar white shape, the other sapphire blue.
A boat was awaiting them right in front of the door. Prince Elithmar gaped at the sight. Or rather, he didn’t gape at it, Princes of Lothern never gape at the sea anyway. Maybe he showed a little bit of surprise that he managed to miss the sight before he entered the wretched building. Probably the heat.
“Is this enough water for you, Prince Elithmar?” The famed Prince came to the waterline and watched it critically for a moment. “It might be a bit cleaner.”
Aicanor laughed. As they stood there, Aicanor’s companions were busy loading a large, ornate box onto the sailing boat. Elithmar was not surprised. It was a fate of Elven nobles to be burdened with impractical (but impressive) jewellery at all times. But as he looked closer, he was intrigued. This chest looked Dwarf made. His need for water forgotten, Prince Elithmar jumped over the side of the boat, showed the men aside and opened it. And he gaped. This time for real.
“If you wanted to crown me a Phoenix King, you should have told so in the message. I might have gotten here earlier.”
He didn’t register the incredulous looks on his hosts’ faces.
Sorry it took me so long. There can be more of this you like it. And tomorrow there will be another post with another elf who took even longer than Elithmar to reach her destination. :wink:

PS: I stickied this topic again, because I can. :twisted: But really, I just wanted you to know that while there is still one gift from last year undelivered, it is finished and hopefully on its way by now.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#320 Post by Prince of Spires »

I did indeed recognize prince Elithmar. A striking resemblance :) But I thought I'd give others a chance to guess :)

Good to hear that even the last gift of last year is on its way. It seems indeed like we'll be complete last year. Let's hope the same will go for the 2016 edition.

I like the little backstory. It does raise the bar for the next gifts...

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#321 Post by Elithmar »

I may have recognised him too. Just maybe...

I love the story you wrote in reply! I think the phoenix crown would suit me. Hmm. I miss all the stories we all used to write on here (especially ones with Elithmar of course ;) ).

And of course, it wasn't hard to decide what to send. A prince of Lothern would only consider himself a worthy gift.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#322 Post by Aicanor »

Yes, O miss the stories as well. And Tim and company... Now I finally got to it, I might add a bit more. Glad you like this, it took me sweet time. But I wanted to do the gift justice. Lothern princes are generous. :D
@Rod, I hope you did appreciate the two towers in the story? Spires and Aicanor weren't scheming together for nothing... :mrgreen:
Looks like I won't be able to add pics of the next one tonight, tomorrow then. :oops:
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#323 Post by Prince of Spires »

Aicanor wrote:
@Rod, I hope you did appreciate the two towers in the story? Spires and Aicanor weren't scheming together for nothing... :mrgreen:
The towers of Spires are always available to those true of heart. And even more so for those who like scheming and work for the benefit of the City.. ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Aicanor
Rainbows

#324 Post by Aicanor »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Aicanor wrote: The towers of Spires are always available to those true of heart. And even more so for those who like scheming and work for the benefit of the City.. ;)
I suspect one of the towers is Hoeth. Not yours any time soon. :wink:

And as promised, here is another latecomer, she's already joined her Order Draconis comrades. No story this time, but maybe the recipient will have one to tell sometime. :D

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#325 Post by Elithmar »

Stunning, as usual. :) I love the cloak.

Is that everyone now?
Andrew_uk

#326 Post by Andrew_uk »

Oooh Aicanor, that Freehand cloak is beautiful :)
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#327 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Andrew_uk wrote:Oooh Aicanor, that Freehand cloak is beautiful :)
Agreed. It's nice, without the common problem of being overly fancy.
Gandalf_82

#328 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Yeah couldnt agree more. Very nicely painted and cloak finishes it off a treat without being OTT. Great work! :)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#329 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks!
The painting is a bit worse than I'd like (lack of practice...). Good to hear it doesn't show all that much. I am pretty happy with how the conversion turned out though.
Elithmar wrote:Is that everyone now?
Everyone except Elessehta and he tells me he is finished and about to post (I've seen a pic actually). Hopefully this time all goes well. :lol:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#330 Post by Aicanor »

Elessehta tells me that the final 2015 present is sent, so this thread is hopefully being wrapped up soon, and if warp doesn't swallow the last package, it can be the first time everyone gets a Secter Santa present. :D