Different Nagarythe Colour schemes?

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

jinxs

Different Nagarythe Colour schemes?

#1 Post by jinxs »

Hi,

Straight to the point: Im planning on building a "small" nagarythe section to my army . I especially like the new dreadspears/shards(maybe some other dark elves too) models and would like to impliment them to my HE-army, but a slight alternative colour scheme of my current army would touch them nicely and add a feeling of the old provinces.

My problem is I really dont like the purple theme of nagarythe. Any alternative ideas to throw around, images would be swell.

For Asur!
And sorry for my english.
Lord Anathir

Re: Different Nagarythe Colour schemes?

#2 Post by Lord Anathir »

black, white, grey works as well.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Andrew_uk

#3 Post by Andrew_uk »

If you want to tie them all in together then I would suggest going a more shocking variant of your current theme. So if for instance you currently use White/Enchanted Blue then go for Black/ice blue?

I always think shocking contrast is required for dark elves, so if you use blue it needs to highlight right up to ice blue, if you go purple it needs to highlight right up to pink... Etc
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Brother Dimetrius

#4 Post by Brother Dimetrius »

If you can pick up a copy of the High Elf heraldry book, there's a nice section on Nagarythe in there.

Short of it is, Nagarythe (post-sundering) does not use purple as a predominant colour anymore. Main colours are black, dark blues, dark reds & white contrasts.

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0266/1 ... 623078.jpg
Twitter : @BDimetrius
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

Like Andrew I would go for a darker and more 'extreme' version of your current theme. That way they fit in and stand out at the same time.

What is your current scheme?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
jinxs

#6 Post by jinxs »

Prince of Spires wrote:Like Andrew I would go for a darker and more 'extreme' version of your current theme. That way they fit in and stand out at the same time.

What is your current scheme?

Rod
My current scheme is the notorius blue/white scheme/silver and a hint of gold ( I know I know, but before your eyes roll out of your skull :D I do break the norms abit, but I do like it still)
I have done the robes with lighter whites, using base of mix: ice blue to white 1/3 mix, which is quite clean colour when highlighted with white. And the silver is tinted quite heavily on blue.

My main fear is abit that nagarythe army would look too dark elvish and we all know once you go slaneesh, you cant exactly go applepicking after that. But I still would like to have them separated from the look of rest of the army.
The main problem is probably on colouring the robes on dreadspears models, because using my iceblue/white mix seems too "pure" for them.. but on the other hand grey seems dull. Shock points for those models ( that show colour) would be those robes/shields and the trim. Armor I have somewhat figured out: darker metallics maybe even black glossy armor for elites and champions in full gold armor.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#7 Post by Prince of Spires »

Nothing wrong with the standard blue and white, or a variation of it. I've seen most of the color scheme's you can think of for HE. And very few are truly original. So don't worry about originality. In the end what matters a lot more is the execution of the scheme. If it's well done then almost all scheme's can look stunning.

As for what to do with your Nagarythe contingent. It sounds like you have a fairly light blue look on your current elves (I would love to see pictures). So why not go for a more darker blue for your Nagarathy elves. Use grey or a sandstone color (I think Ushabti Bone is the current GW version, not sure anymore since they renamed all their paints) instead of regular white. And more gold then silver.

That way they will still fit in your current army but will be a clear separate contingent. And I don't think many people will mistake a blue grey and gold scheme for a DE one.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.