Tor Lupa's might!

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

Tor Lupa's might!

#1 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Righty then, time to grap the bull by the horns, or in this case the wolf by the fangs...time to make a plog *gulp*

This is a Saphery force with a massive wolf theme (hence all the wolf/moon names :) ) based primarily on a bit of inspiration caused by Ulthuan's favourite Eatainian, Elithmar, so firstly, thanks fella, you helped me a lot.

Secondly, I do have some models done, that are WIP, that I'd consider usable at tabletop standard but I have no doubts I am a terrible painter, so constructive criticism would be grand.

Which leads me to thirdly, I will start posting pictures as soon as I can find my camera, and first on the agenda will be Karalael Moonsinger (Mage-Prince of Saphery, The Amber Wolf, Warden of Tor Lupa) himself, the Wolf Fangs (Spearmen) Anaris (Chosen of Tor Lupa, Captain of the Amber Wolves [in his none-BSB role]), the Amber Wolves (White Lions of Chrace) and his Wolf Pack (Shadow Warriors) as well as the Archmage's assistant, name-to-be-decided (Mage) and the first ten of the Archmage's Moonblades (Swordmasters of Hoeth)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Dartanelo

Re: Tor Lupa's might!

#2 Post by Dartanelo »

Sounds like a cool idea! Can't wait to see your WIPs
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#3 Post by Luna Guardian »

I don't know what is it about your army's theme that somehow talks to me... :P

Sounds awesome, can't wait :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#4 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Hard to go wrong with wolves if you ask me.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#5 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Right, I have found the camera and it will be charging overnight, so tomorrow will see the first of my models, my general for smaller games, my mage and the WIP shadow warriors
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Shadow star

#6 Post by Shadow star »

I eagerly look forward to this as I want to do a Nagaroth themed army with wolves and alot of "wild" elements.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#7 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Couple of quick questions, whats the best way to remove the star from the Althran on foot's shield? As I want to get it flat so I can place the sigil of Tor Lupa there instead.

Whats the best way to sculpt a. fur and b. wolf heads for a green stuff noob?

And Shadow star, you'll love the Transformation of Kadon model and unit fillers I'm planning then.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#8 Post by Luna Guardian »

Karalael Moonsinger wrote:Couple of quick questions, whats the best way to remove the star from the Althran on foot's shield? As I want to get it flat so I can place the sigil of Tor Lupa there instead.

Whats the best way to sculpt a. fur and b. wolf heads for a green stuff noob?

And Shadow star, you'll love the Transformation of Kadon model and unit fillers I'm planning then.
As for the star, probably a good file. Might take a bit longer than a hobby knife, but is definitely safer and less chance of an "oopsie, model's fucked" happening.

Fur, use an old fine tooth comb. Turns really good :)

Wolf heads aren't easy. However, may I propose:
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.p ... ape-p-6914
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.p ... ape-p-6913
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#9 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Those are fantastic, thanks Luna! :D

And the GS tip will be useful for when I put the fur mantle on my Prince's cloak :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Shadow star

#10 Post by Shadow star »

have you seen the skin wolves from forgeworld?
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#11 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Yeah, I like them but I'm trying to keep the amount of werewolves to a minimum in this force, I think the Prince will do for now...lest I get accused of corruption :P
[quote="rdghuizing"]
solith

#12 Post by solith »

One thing I've found helps with sculpting hair (I've never tried fur, but I think this applies) is to use a hobby drill to hold a needle. I get the weight and larger grip of the drill and a really fine point to use on the GS.

Your theme sounds awesome, I can't wait to see the results :)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#13 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

May I present to you...

Anaris, Chosen of Tor Lupa and Captain of the Amber Wolves. Appointed to his present station as Karalael's second-in-command and personal standard bearer for the valorous action of saving his Lord's life during a particularly fierce Kurgan raid.
Anaris in his General aspect, very much WIP (I need to tidy him up for a start, but a plog needs pictures :P)

Also, as soon as I am able I'll be making the lion head more like a wolf head :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#14 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

No pictures with this update, but I have finished filing down my Prince's shield, so when I find the brake fluid will be stripping the old paint job of him and his Amber Wolves, hopefully, will soon have fresh pictures ready for y'all. For now, I give you the army list I am/was building towards.

Karalael Moonsinger – Gambler’s Armour, Shield, Radiant Gem of Hoeth (Beasts), Seerstaff of Saphery (Transformation of Kadon)– 248
Aeric Evenstar – Level 4 Wizard (Shadow), Talisman of Saphery, Forlariath’s Robes, Silver Wand – 350

Anaris – Battle Standard, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Dragonscale Shield(represents his Li- Wolf cloak, if we get Lion cloaks in the new book, he'll get one of those instead), Luckstone, Dragonhorn – 172
Alya Silverbeam – Level 2 Wizard (Life/Light/High...not decided yet), Talisman of Endurance, Dispel Scroll – 185
Caeril – Great Weapon, Longbow, Shadow Armour, Guardian Phoenix - 153

The Wolf Fangs – 34 Spearmen; Full Command– 351
The Amber Shafts – 19 Archers; Full Command, Light Armour – 224
Crew of the Sea-Wolf – 29 Lothern Sea Guard; Full Command, Shields – 402

The Wolf Pack – 7 Shadow Warriors; Shadow Walker – 124
The Amber Wolves – 28 White Lions; Full Command, Gem of Courage, Lion Standard - 485
The Starblades – 28 Sword Masters; Full Command, Talisman of Loec, Banner of Sorcery – 510
The Wolf Riders – 7 Dragon Princes; Full Command, the Skeinsliver, Banner of Ellyrion – 300
The Moonseekers – 7 Ellyrion Reavers; Harbinger, Musician, bows, spears – 161

Great Eagle – 50
Great Eagle – 50
Bolt Thrower – 100
Bolt Thrower - 100
(May drop a BT and an Eagle to fit in some of those magic archers/Maiden Guard, as they are too pretty not to have)

Lords – 598
Heroes – 510
Core – 1006
Special – 1580
Rare – 300
Total – 3994
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#15 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I like this~
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#16 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Ele, you've painted Wolf cloaks for your Iron Wolves, right? Any tips for mine...I was aiming for a brown-ish wolf fur with a tint of grey, so hopefully it worked :P
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#17 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I went for grey with mine, I started with black and dry brushed various greys and whites, added a wash or two here or there.
If you want brown, with grey, I'd start with a light grey base, then add whites and browns, using washes to blend everything in.
I like the idea of introducing browns to it... I might add some white to the edges of mine, the gods no I should probably finish that unit some time...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#18 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

A couple of questions and a non-picture army list update (sorta), there will be some soon, I promise!!

Does anyone know of any reasonable but cheap paint removers in UK?

And I think I'll be replacing my Prince with Eltharion and praying for Transformation each game

And I will definitely be taking some Maiden Guard...

However, do I add detachments to the original force/make several different lists representing different armies of Tor Lupa?
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#19 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Karalael Moonsinger wrote:A couple of questions and a non-picture army list update (sorta), there will be some soon, I promise!!

Does anyone know of any reasonable but cheap paint removers in UK?

And I think I'll be replacing my Prince with Eltharion and praying for Transformation each game

And I will definitely be taking some Maiden Guard...

However, do I add detachments to the original force/make several different lists representing different armies of Tor Lupa?

cheapest that work well-

Metal- Acetone
Plastics- Break Fluid. Others are only slightly more expensive and much nicer, Simple Green, Pine Sol (forget what that's known as in the UK)
Finecast- Still to scared to try. If someone knows of a good one let me know.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#20 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Awesome, thanks Shannar. After I've paid off holidays, I'm going nuts at GW, now can I justify a Skycutter? :lol:
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#21 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Just make sure you don't put the plastics in acetone, you'll have a ball of goop. Metals can go in the others, they just don't work quite as well.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#22 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

I can't afford the new book yet :( but using the rumours list, I have tried rejigging my list, what do you all think?

Karalael Moonsinger – Counts as Eltharion (Beasts) – 295
Aeric Evenstar – Level 4 Wizard (High), Book of Ashur, Talisman of Endurance – 320
Giliad Tallosar (Loremaster) – Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation – 330

Anaris, Captain of the Amber Wolves – Great Weapon, Armour of Destiny, Lion Cloak, Battle Standard Bearer – 155
Alya Silverbeam – Level 2 Wizard (Life), Talisman of Protection, Dispel Scroll – 145
Caeril, Master of the Packs – Reaver Bow, Great Weapon, Shadow Armour – 121
Faeith, Captain of the Sea-Wolf – Bow, Shield of the Merwyrm, Ironcurse Icon - 124
Liya, Huntmistress of Tor Lupa – Crown of Command - 130

Tor Lupa’s Fangs (34 Spearelves) – Full Command, Gleaming Pennant – 336
Wardens of Moon Keep (14 Archers) – Musician – 150
Crew of the Sea-Wolf (34 Lothern Sea Guard) – Full Command, Shields - 438
The Moonseekers (7 Ellyrion Reavers) – Musician, Spears, Bows – 122
The Moonsinger Household Cavalry (10 Silver Helms) – Full Command, Shields – 260

The Starblades (27 Sword Masters) – Full Command, War Banner – 411
The Amber Wolves (27 White Lions) – Full Command – 381
Wolf Pack Aerendil (8 Shadow Warriors) – Shadow-walker – 122
Wolf Pack Naeril (8 Shadow Warriors) – Shadow-walker – 122
The Wolf Riders (7 Dragon Princes) – Full Command, Star Lance, Banner of Swiftness – 278

Great Eagle – 50
Great Eagle – 50
Frostheart Phoenix – 240
Repeater Bolt Thrower - 70
Repeater Bolt Thrower - 70
Tor Lupa’s Hunters (20 Maiden Guard) – 280

Lords – 945
Heroes – 675
Core – 1306
Special – 1314
Rare – 760
Total - 5000

Am working on the first six members of Wolf Pack Aerendil as I type this, so, with any luck, I'll have photos in a few days :)

Am also working on the army fluff to, got ideas for each unit :D
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#23 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Twenty Maiden Guard, ye gads!
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#24 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

It's cause they are so pretty :D
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#25 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

And thats just a master list, I'm going to try and split it as best I can to three 1,500 lists led by Karalael, Aeric and Giliad, I'll be working on that tonight after work :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#26 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I too have multiple lists ^_^
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#27 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Yeah, the only problem I'm having at the minute is that the Starblades are the company of Sword Masters that accompanied Aeric to be his bodyguard and aid in keeping Karalael under control. So I have no one to go with Giliad :/
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#28 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Ok, so it's been a while. But I'm getting back to painting. So here are some WiP shots of my Prince. I'm trying out this highlighting malarkey but it's my first time. I think it has come out ok :)

I'm also at some point going hit the cloak with a blue glaze to try and blend it together a bit.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#29 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Well, it's been a long time since I was here... Does this count as threadnomancy? Hm, anyways. I had a bit of a falling out with Games Workshop and Fantasy stuff for a while, but then my Deathwatch ttrpg group went to Warhammer World for a 40k game and decided to make it a semi regular thing but next time to play a Blood Bowl tournament. Finally a Fantasy game I can get behind!

So in keeping with the theme of Tor Lupa, and my personal choice of NFL team, I figured now would be a good time to come back and use this thread to detail the Destroyed Lions of Tor Lupa.

Starting with:

Linesman #6 - Lady Lirael Moonsinger, the Moon-Maiden.

As a side note, I absolutely adore Constrast Paints :D
[quote="rdghuizing"]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#30 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome back Karalael.

:)

She looks great! Blood Bowl, such an awesome game to come back to.