Antelano's High Elves - Waaagh!

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Antelano

Antelano's High Elves - Waaagh!

#1 Post by Antelano »

This will be my first thread here at Ulthuan. So, yay me! :D And this is my High Elves. My main army is Tomb Kings. My HE's is more of a side project.
And I've only painted a few models so far to get the colour scheme down. I'm a very slow painter and since my main focus is my TK, I don't get many HE models done.

Therefore I might upload some Tomb Kings from time to time just to generate some content.
Last edited by Antelano on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
~Milliardo~

Re: Antelano's High Elves

#2 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Looking forward to it. I like the Ezio-archer. *bookmarked*
Royals

#3 Post by Royals »

I really like the scheme. I'm going to be painting mine in a greyish-purple/white scheme. Thumbs up!
[url=http://notgodsnotgiants.blogspot.com]Check Out My Dark Angel Successor Blog[/url]
Antelano

Antelano's High Elves - Lord on Griffon

#4 Post by Antelano »

So...this is basically it. I got one more model that's painted. It's the IoB Mage. I quickly painted it for a painting contest just before christmas - which I still haven't retrieved.
Surprisingly I didn't win, hehe. But I didn't count on it either. It was a good motivator to get me painting though.

msu117

Re: Antelano's High Elves - Lord on Griffon

#5 Post by msu117 »

Looks awesome competition must have to 10/10 keep up the good work.
Antelano

#6 Post by Antelano »

~Milliardo~ wrote:Looking forward to it. I like the Ezio-archer. *bookmarked*
I once saw someone use Glade Guard heads and I instantaneously knew what I had to do. Looks way better.
I want new archer models but at the same time I don't. Spent alot of money and time to get these done.
Silver
Shiny and Polished

#7 Post by Silver »

thats a very good use of pink.
Kalandros Shadowsun
Cyn

#8 Post by Cyn »

Looks very good! Can't wait to see more. Can I ask what colour you're using for the spear shafts and the bow?
Antelano

#9 Post by Antelano »

Cyn wrote:Looks very good! Can't wait to see more. Can I ask what colour you're using for the spear shafts and the bow?
Thanks! It's Rakarth Flesh.
Antelano

#10 Post by Antelano »

Now I've posted all my painted HE. I will have to finish my Warsphinx I'm working on before I even start thinking about painting any more elves.
Antelano

#11 Post by Antelano »

Got my hands on the new Hobbit eagles. As soon as I'm done with the Warsphinx and chariot I'm working on for my TK I will give these some love.

Antelano

#12 Post by Antelano »

Only painting I got done this month.

Last edited by Antelano on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malossar
Something Cool

#13 Post by Malossar »

Fantastic work on the horse highlights! I really appreciate the decaying/cracking/ bone feel while hitting it with the white highlight to show some sun bleaching!

Great job.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Antelano

#14 Post by Antelano »

thelordcal wrote:Fantastic work on the horse highlights! I really appreciate the decaying/cracking/ bone feel while hitting it with the white highlight to show some sun bleaching!

Great job.
Kind words, indeed. :)

I thought I might aswell share my army, or what's finished atleast. And one can tell that I paint my two armys in very different styles.

Thats about it though...
But I have so much stuff that are still unpainted. And things that I'm going to rebase, repaint, and rebuild.
Last edited by Antelano on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nyeave

#15 Post by Nyeave »

I really like the way you paint bone. Any tips on paints and tecnique?
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
MasteroDisaster

#16 Post by MasteroDisaster »

I found when painting bone (Been collecting TK's for about 13 years) the best way forward is to start with a brown base coat something like Snakebite Leather or it's current equivalent. Then drybrush it with your prefered bone colour. Wash it with Agrax Earthshade or a similar brown wash then highlight the raised edges with the bone again. That's how I achieve bone similar to this, it's quick, simple and looks effective. Quick is always nice when you have over 100 skeletons in your core alone! :D
[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg[/img][/url]
Antelano

#17 Post by Antelano »

Nyeave wrote:I really like the way you paint bone. Any tips on paints and tecnique?
White primer > AP Strong Tone wash > Bone colour drybrush, in this case Screaming Skull

That's it! Really simple. Sure does the trick for me, why complicate things? :D
MasteroDisaster

#18 Post by MasteroDisaster »

Not that far off my technique, keep it simple and keep it sweet! :lol:

Your painting is absolutely fantastic Antelano. I love the colour scheme on your Elves, especially the Griffon, he's awesome! TK's look epic as well!
[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg[/img][/url]
Antelano

#19 Post by Antelano »

It's been a while since last time. Got a little sidetracked. But now I'm back. This time with eagles.

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#20 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Welcome back, just in time ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Antelano

#21 Post by Antelano »

WIP Skycutter:

Man, I really got to get my hands on a proper camera. I now got a decent setup overall for taking photos on my models. But the camera sucks. Even when I have lamps that burns brighter than the sun the pics ends up very dark and yellow-ish.
It takes alot of colour correction and editing to make them look like they should. But often end up far from and with uneven results between sessions. Sucks that new cameras around here are far too expensive. Gotta find me a used one.
Nyeave

#22 Post by Nyeave »

That roc looks magnificent and more or less the way I want mine to look. Any chance of you writing a mini guide on how you did the different feathers?
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
Rogier

#23 Post by Rogier »

Looks very, very good!
Antelano

#24 Post by Antelano »

Nyeave wrote:That roc looks magnificent and more or less the way I want mine to look. Any chance of you writing a mini guide on how you did the different feathers?
No problem! :arrow: I did three different coloured feathers: Scorched Brown, Mournfang Brown and Screaming Skull. Everything washed in AP Strong Tone. The brown got highlighted with Rakarth Flesh and the Screaming Skull coloured with, yeah, Screaming Skull.
Nyeave

#25 Post by Nyeave »

The strong tone is that like the GW washes or how does it work?
And did you do the highlights by brush or by drybrushing? The wings look drybrushed while the head looks like it was done by brush :)
Antelano

#26 Post by Antelano »

It's like the washes, only better imo. Strong Tone is more or less like Devlan Mud/Agrax Earthshade.
I suppose it would be something along the lines of drybrushing.
Demar

#27 Post by Demar »

hey I been curious about how the gw hobbit eagles meansure in relation to the gw warhammer eagles, i mean are they actually compatabile, almost compatable, or severly over sized?
Antelano

#28 Post by Antelano »

Demar wrote:hey I been curious about how the gw hobbit eagles meansure in relation to the gw warhammer eagles, i mean are they actually compatabile, almost compatable, or severly over sized?
I don't own any Warhammer eagles. But they're a little bigger than the Skycutter roc. The wings are a lot wider and a tiny bit longer. The body is pretty much the same. That's the only guidance I can give.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#29 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Demar wrote:hey I been curious about how the gw hobbit eagles meansure in relation to the gw warhammer eagles, i mean are they actually compatabile, almost compatable, or severly over sized?
Close enough would be the best way to say it. Not exactly the same size, but why should they have to be? And you can put a rider on top and it'll look fine.
Antelano

#30 Post by Antelano »

I've finally managed to finish the Skycutter. I might just have to acquire more of these. Love the model.

Last edited by Antelano on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.