In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

#2341 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I was excited to say I'm glad to see you are back, and I am. But the news isn't nearly as exciting. I don't know if it means anything to you or not, but you are added to our prayers. It sounds like a rough battle ahead. I'm sure you know, but be sure to enjoy the time you've got as much as you can, if that's 5 years or 45 years.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2342 Post by SpellArcher »

That’s awful mate, so sorry to hear it.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2343 Post by Prince of Spires »

Man, that's awful news indeed. I wish you good luck and a lot of strength in the battle ahead.

And I would just get the skycutter if I were you.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#2344 Post by Elithmar »

Really sorry to hear that. Best of luck. For what it's worth, I'm quite sceptical of the odds doctors give. Some people are given a few months and go on to live for decades more, so here's hoping.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2345 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Elithmar wrote:Really sorry to hear that. Best of luck. For what it's worth, I'm quite sceptical of the odds doctors give. Some people are given a few months and go on to live for decades more, so here's hoping.
Yea, I know doctors are actually contracted to give the lowest possible numbers, that way they can't be held liable for anything.
Prince of Spires wrote:And I would just get the skycutter if I were you.
It's not actually easy to get one now a days hey.

One of my club mates recently got into Kings of War, and I had a demo, and absolutely smashed him, which is just silly knowing how bad at dice I am, but if he wants to play, he might only have me to play with, so the High Elves might get played with every now and again.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2346 Post by Prince of Spires »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:It's not actually easy to get one now a days hey.
Forgot that they were out of production. Then, yeah, it's a bit trickier. Ebay has a couple that also ship to australia.

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2347 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Prince of Spires wrote:Ebay has a couple that also ship to australia.
Sure I now have access to my Superannuation, and hey my Life Insurance had a Terminal illness clause, but I'm not paying $200 for a Sky cutter.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#2348 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Crazy that they are that much. I think it must not have sold all that well when it was out. From what I remember they kept making most of the large kits that came out for 8th edition. Maybe they will bring it back when they bring out the elves. I thought it was weird in warhammer, but compared to a shark with a gun on it's back it's not so bad.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#2349 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I'm not sure how you feel about this sort of thing, but.... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000448 ... 05cd58b4f3

Personally I wouldn't, but then I was thinking about another and on these short lived plastics........
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2350 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Ah yea, I'm not a fan of re-casters, my club mates are, but I prefer to support the companies who provide me with this hobby.
I say that while a mate of mine is 3d printing some Blood Red Skies planes for me. He is printing planes that Warlord doesn't produce yet though, which I feel counts.
RE.Lee

#2351 Post by RE.Lee »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:
Elithmar wrote:Really sorry to hear that. Best of luck. For what it's worth, I'm quite sceptical of the odds doctors give. Some people are given a few months and go on to live for decades more, so here's hoping.
Yea, I know doctors are actually contracted to give the lowest possible numbers, that way they can't be held liable for anything.
I've had patients live years longer than anyone thought they would. Never give up hope - if anybody's got a chance its the fighters. I'm keeping fingers crossed and wishing you all the best in this toughest of battles.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#2352 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Ah yea, I'm not a fan of re-casters, my club mates are, but I prefer to support the companies who provide me with this hobby.
I say that while a mate of mine is 3d printing some Blood Red Skies planes for me. He is printing planes that Warlord doesn't produce yet though, which I feel counts.
A model still in production is 100% no. Something they gave up on is a little different. Most of my Man O' War Orc fleet is somehow resin... But again, I made them myself for me, so I'm not shelling out money to someone who is profiting off someone elses work.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2353 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

RE.Lee wrote:I've had patients live years longer than anyone thought they would. Never give up hope - if anybody's got a chance its the fighters. I'm keeping fingers crossed and wishing you all the best in this toughest of battles.
I'm certainly not counting myself out, I only have two months of chemo left, and then I'm free. It's my intention to go some places, see some people I only know online, and some historic places too.
Shannar, Sealord wrote:A model still in production is 100% no. Something they gave up on is a little different. Most of my Man O' War Orc fleet is somehow resin... But again, I made them myself for me, so I'm not shelling out money to someone who is profiting off someone elses work.
I get where you're coming from dude, but it's a slippery slope. I wouldn't trust resin here in South East Queensland anyway, the damn thing would melt.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#2354 Post by Elithmar »

Ironically enough, I was never really a fan of the skycutter. Now they don't produce them anymore, I find myself wanting one! Hopefully they do bring them back.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#2355 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Like Shannar, I got all excited when I saw your thread had been updated. But I am sorry to hear that, buddy. I'll be hoping for the best for you, you are too good a person to go so soon
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2356 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yo, I ain't dead yet, and hey, I played an 8th Ed game at club on the weekend, against my mates gorgeous daemons.
Can you believe I won?

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2357 Post by Prince of Spires »

nice to see you around! How's life?
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Can you believe I won?
No I can't ;)

Looks like a fun battle with 2 epically painted armies.

Rod

Check out my plog

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2358 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Treatment still sucks, Doctors don't like my recent MRI's, but I just keep going.

Matt's Daemon Prince charged my DragonMage, and strangely opting to attach the dragon, rather than the squishy Mage.
He only did four wounds, the dragon did a couple of wounds back, and he was also left on one wound, but I had a breath weapon ^_^
Azaam

#2359 Post by Azaam »

Congratulations on your victory!
With your recent update I checked the previous pictures you shared and I really like your alternative colour scheme for your high elves! I couldn't always see but it looks like this is some neat job too!
Keep us updated when you'll play the revenge ;)
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2360 Post by SpellArcher »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Treatment still sucks, Doctors don't like my recent MRI's, but I just keep going.
Bravo mate.
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:DragonMage
That sounds like his finest hour!
elendor_f

#2361 Post by elendor_f »

Beautiful army! =D>

Glad you had a good time, best of luck!!
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/
Olthannon

#2362 Post by Olthannon »

Two awesome armies, well done on the win. All the best man, I hope fortune keeps smiling for you.
One foot in the hobby
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2363 Post by Prince of Spires »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote: Matt's Daemon Prince charged my DragonMage, and strangely opting to attach the dragon, rather than the squishy Mage.
He only did four wounds, the dragon did a couple of wounds back, and he was also left on one wound, but I had a breath weapon ^_^
I do love a good underdog... :D It's moments like this which make for memorable games.
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Treatment still sucks, Doctors don't like my recent MRI's, but I just keep going.
Bravo indeed. Hang in there.

Rod

Check out my plog

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#2364 Post by Elithmar »

2020 continues to surprise - both the game and the result! :lol: Good to see those models in action again.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2365 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hi guys, it's been a minute, but after getting extra shelves for my display cabinets, I've been thinking I should put the Asur back in there.
It's a ton of work, but it's a shame to have them hidden away in a box. This weekend I'm back painting as my new Airbrush turned up.
No not elves, one day I'll get a Skycutter, but not today. I'm doing 40k stuff. My Army recently, like the weekend before last got an update.
This is what I did before the old brush died(I lost the nozzle down the drain...)
Image[/url][/img]
This weekend, is a heap of bikes I've had sitting around for ages.
Seredain
The Cavalry Prince

#2366 Post by Seredain »

Looking good bro.

Good to get the elves on display too. Lifts the spirits.
The Cavalry Prince - List Design, Tactics, Battle Reports

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33584
RE.Lee

#2367 Post by RE.Lee »

Nice Marines there!

Great to see you're still around, sending good vibes from Poland :)
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2368 Post by SpellArcher »

I especially like the standard bearer.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2369 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yea, thanks guys, Space Marines are so easy to paint compared to High Elves,
especially the Primaris stuff. My painting has improved over time, so I'm kind of glad
that I don't need to use my old tactical squads any more.