Map of Yvresse

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

EltharionTheGrim

Map of Yvresse

#1 Post by EltharionTheGrim »

Not sure if anyone still lurks on here, seems I'm about ten years late to the party. Really got into High Elves and the surrounding lore over lockdown and decided to make a map of Yvresse using known city names and locations. Also copied the names of a few cities users here had invented for their own fluff.

https://ibb.co/ThPm7Lk
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Map of Yvresse

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'm still here :D

That's an amazing map. What are you using to draw the map?

Which part is your own army from?
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
EltharionTheGrim

#3 Post by EltharionTheGrim »

Great! I've got really into the lore and wanted to find other pointy ear enjoyers to discuss it with so I was a little sad when I found how empty this forum was - although I do see a lot of High Elf posts on the Warhammer Fantasy subreddit.

I used a website called Inkarnate - it's still a work in progress so if anyone sees this and has suggestions for lore locations I've missed or their own fluff cities/towns I'd be happy to add them.

I'm currently painting some spearmen from Tor Annan. I'd like to think that I'd live there if I was in Yvresse - a peaceful, heavily wooded valley with a river full of icy blue meltwater gently winding it's way out towards the ocean :-)

Which part of Ulthuan does your army come from Prince?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That's dope.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Karak Norn Clansman

#5 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Wonderful! Love it.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

EltharionTheGrim wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:08 pm Which part of Ulthuan does your army come from Prince?
I've got a colonial army :)

You can find the City of Spires (which is where my army hails from), on a Warhammer world map between the Dragon Isles and the Kingdom of Ind. I've got a fair bit of lore about my army scattered around the site here and there. There's a few stories and a couple of posts in my army blog.

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

This map is just missing the Armis Kormailn
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Giladis
The Merlord

#8 Post by Giladis »

Nicely done!

I personally prefer Wonderdraft for my mapmaking.
EltharionTheGrim

#9 Post by EltharionTheGrim »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:03 am This map is just missing the Armis Kormailn
Added :-) Also added Athel Tathran and Taltaras bay which appear on the same fan-made map that features Kormalin.

The only info I could find on the forum is that Kormalin is south of Yvresse, so I've placed it in the forests south of the capital (worth noting my placement of trees on the map was random and down to personal taste, although I did pay some attention to the most recent GW map of Ulthuan).

I hope there isn't any lore, fan made or otherwise, saying that Armis Kormalin lies on a great plain :lol:

Am I correct in assuming Armis Kormalin is fan made fluff Elessehta?

Only other significant place I'm perhaps missing is the Shrine of Mathlann which doesn't quite fit on the map, although I've named the northern clump of Shifting Isles the 'Mathlann Islands' in it's honour. I found it hard to decide where the northern boundary of Yvresse stopped and Cothique began.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 19.31.35.png
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 19.31.35.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3726 times
EltharionTheGrim

#10 Post by EltharionTheGrim »

Here is the map as it stands. Feel free to download, print it out etc. I think I might see if I can have it made into an A1 poster.

https://ibb.co/jkX6Lwv

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#11 Post by Prince of Spires »

EltharionTheGrim wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:39 pm I found it hard to decide where the northern boundary of Yvresse stopped and Cothique began.
Don't worry about that too much. That goes for all Yvressian's and Cothiquians. It's been the source of many conflicts throughout the centuries... ;)

Check out my plog

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#12 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

EltharionTheGrim wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:39 pm Am I correct in assuming Armis Kormalin is fan made fluff Elessehta?
I believe it's from the Role Playing part of Warhammer.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#13 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome Eltharion, in this case I too am late to the party.

:)
EltharionTheGrim wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:08 pm I was a little sad when I found how empty this forum was
It's been hard times since GW transitioned to AoS. Several similar sites shut down, some carry on, others changed focus or format.
EltharionTheGrim wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:08 pm I'm currently painting some spearmen from Tor Annan.
Mind posting a pic?
EltharionTheGrim wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 am map of Yvresse
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:03 am That's dope.
I can only concur.
Karak Norn Clansman

#14 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Wonderful work on this map!
Nicanor

#15 Post by Nicanor »

Just now saw this thread. The map is excellent.