Wood elves - were to turn?

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ramesesis

Wood elves - were to turn?

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

I have started to resurrect my Wood elf army after getting my Cothique army to a decent spot.
But are there any wood elf forums left?

Otherwise I guess I will have to establish somekind of embassy here on Ulthuan.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Wood elves - were to turn?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Ramesesis wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:24 am But are there any wood elf forums left?
Don't know I'm afraid. I believe Daeron (webmaster for Druchii.net and also this forum) has the archive for Asrai.org.

That's not a lot of use right now though I guess.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:04 pm
Ramesesis wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:24 am But are there any wood elf forums left?
Don't know I'm afraid. I believe Daeron (webmaster for Druchii.net and also this forum) has the archive for Asrai.org.

That's not a lot of use right now though I guess.
Pretty much this, as far as I know. Asrai.org pretty much died when Warhammer did (even more so than either us or Druchii.net). Daeron integrated their posts into Druchii.net as an archive. I don't know of any new Wood Elf forums. I don't think there are any that relate to Warhammer.

You're of course welcome to claim your own corner here somewhere ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ramesesis

#4 Post by Ramesesis »

Lord Raimie ap Taluwin may very well do that!
RedPanda

#5 Post by RedPanda »

Actually asrai.druchii.net isnt really an archive, its really hosted on druchii.net being I just logged on to test it.

BUT being all the wood elves are in hibernation so effectively its is an archive.

That being said, anyways nice seeing some Elves around. I am still debating if I should sell my unfinished wood elves, and thinking to buy new if the truth 9th comes around.
Ramesesis

#6 Post by Ramesesis »

I say hold on. The Old World is on the horizon and Warhammer Armies Project is a pretty good set of rules
RedPanda

#7 Post by RedPanda »

well im hoping the AoS team helps design models for the Old World, being the Qulathis the Exile for the Cursed City box that GW made 2 years ago, is way body proportionate than anything came during the WHFB era.

Hell I had been wanting to use the Hobbit Mirkwood Elves as a replacement for the Glade Guard because of the body size issue before GW nuked WHFB (I did buy a box, but unfinished being it was a pain to put together)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

RedPanda wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:35 pm being the Qulathis the Exile for the Cursed City box that GW made 2 years ago,
I don't like most models GW put out for AoS, but that is a great model. If The Old World models look anything like that, I'm a happy man. Don't hold out for new elves soon though. If the rumors are to be believed, we're first getting Bretonia and Tomb Kings. Or something like that. And if the old WH release schedule is anything to go by, it'll be a race ever 2 or 3 months after that. We'll see. But it could very well mean that anything elf related is a year-and-a-half or two years away, even if GW hurries.

I do love the Lord of the Rings models. If I had anyone to play the game with I'd definitely collect and play them.

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RedPanda

#9 Post by RedPanda »

It seems the Dark Elves forums is down ever sense they tried to do their weird update, and our Asrai part is also down with it

We might need to open a thread here or create an asrai board just without any history.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#10 Post by SpellArcher »

RedPanda wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:25 pm We might need to open a thread here
This would of course be most welcome. As someone heavily invested in the Asrai over the years I also approve personally.

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#11 Post by Prince of Spires »

We can do that, no problem. The more elves the merrier. You want me to create a specific Wood Elf home somewhere on the forum? Or just adjust the description of several of the forum? Feel free to open up a thread. I can either sticky it or move it to a different part of the forum if needed.

Maybe I'll also nudge Daeron to see what's going on over at Druchii.net. If they've disappeared into the void, then we migt be able to salvage parts of the old WE forum and port them over to us.

Check out my plog

RedPanda

#12 Post by RedPanda »

Yes please nudge him. it would be nice to have old threads being it has a lot of tactical advice and battle reports which we can reference to being no other race can give advice on general wood elf tactica given how unique the army is in the whole.
Maybe some army lists, but as a whole its pretty damn unique.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#13 Post by Prince of Spires »

We asked, and he delivered => https://asrai.druchii.net/ is now back up and running.

Check out my plog