CDO: The Brazen Bulletin Webzine

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

CDO: The Brazen Bulletin Webzine

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Oxymandias over on Chaos Dwarfs Online has laboured lovingly to craft a webzine to touch on some highlights in the world of short, angry and bearded slavers during the anno horribilis of 2020. Check out the first issue of Brazen Bulletin if you like, but watch out for big hats! :)

The Brazen Bulletin walks in the footsteps of Word of Hashut, CDO's very polished webzine of 2008-2012. The Brazen Bulletin shouldn't be compared too closely to its illustrious predecessor, but the new torch bearer do make for some enjoyable reading with nice pictures! Thanks a lot to Oxymandias for his sterling work, and to all contributors who made it happen.

Cheers
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: CDO: The Brazen Bulletin Webzine

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

It looka great. How I wish White Dwarf looked. I especially enjoyed the 3D printing article. It's a technique that's more and more becoming important in this market I think. Especially form the examples shown, the detail level is now good enough to be able to make great looking miniatures and terrain for cheap. I think the technology and availability of designs needs to grow only a bit and it will become a serious competitor for miniature makers. Why spend $500+ on a GW army when you can buy a 3D printer for half that amount and print your custom models for another $100? Especially if you then also want to print a couple of buildings and maybe a forest and walls and so on.

Maybe the only thing missing was a nice battle report ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.