Phoenix guards' halberds

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Azaam

Phoenix guards' halberds

#1 Post by Azaam »

As you may have seen in my painting topic, I've recently got some 6th ed PG.
Majority of them came with the halberd unglued and when I dry fit them it looks like none of them are really matching the different position of the hands. As there are 3 different type of body (if we exclude the command group) I was wondering if there's also 3 different types of halbers each one fitting only one type of body.
Or am I just expecting too much of these metal models ?
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Phoenix guards' halberds

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

It's been a while since I assembled mine, but from what I remember, there are indeed 3 different types of halberts. One for each pose. They still remain a pain to assemble, but matching the right halbert with the right model makes a bit of a difference.

Two things helped. I pinned them, by drilling a hole and adding a piece of paperclip. And, when I pinned them, I added a small ball of greenstuff on the pin to sit between the body and the hand. The greenstuff does two things. It strengthens the bond. For some reason, superglue makes a better bond between metal and greenstuff than between metal and metal. And, it quickly fills up the gap between the two pieces which hides any gaps you will end up with because you have a less than perfect fit.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Azaam

#3 Post by Azaam »

Thank you Rod !
Now I just have to find which halberd is for which pose ... I think I would have prefered you to say they were all the same :lol:

I think I already kinda knew that I'd need pinning and putty but I wouldn't have thought about doing it that way with the ball of putty directly on the pin ! I think that'll save me some time.

Thanks for your help, Rod.
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog
Giladis
The Merlord

#4 Post by Giladis »

If you take a look in the 6th ed Army Book paint section it looks rather obvious to me.
Azaam

#5 Post by Azaam »

Almost 10 months later I think I finally have an official answer !
While browsing I came across this official catalog which shows the 5 (not counting the commands) body types but only ONE halberd ! :shock:
I'm pretty sure it doesn't change anything in the end but at least I found a nice catalog ! :D
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog