Introduction topic

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ellyriel

Re: Introduction topic

#331 Post by Ellyriel »

Hey guys, thanks to Olthannon, Prince of Spires and SpellArcher for saying hello.

Thanks for the link SpellArcher, I was not aware of this (The Old World)
Olthannon wrote:...
Do GW realise how much money they would make if they just made the 8th edition stuff for all the armies still available?
Rod
I am not sure they do. They haven't made a penny from me since Uniforms and Heraldry and now I just buy 2nd hand or use blue thermoplastic and milliput. But it's not the same quality as when it is new.
Prince of Spires wrote:...
I look forward to seeing pictures of your army. It sounds pretty epic. 42 SH must have been a challenge to paint (horses take me a loooooong time for some reason....).
Rod
Hehe... well they're not finished painting! But I fully agree with you. Those horses are a bit boring to paint. They are in my "staging" area right now :D

I will upload a picture of said staging area now. I think I can't attach on this topic.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#332 Post by Prince of Spires »

I just saw the picture you posted in the painting and modeling forum and they indeed look epic.

You can also post pictures in this thread, in the same way as you did in the painting and modeling forum. But they probably are best as a separate topic. :) Thanks for sharing.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Azaam

#333 Post by Azaam »

Hi everyone,

So ... after posting regurlarly in the "Painting and modelling" section of the forum for the past 2 and half months (already !!!) I think it's more than time to introduce myself :)

My name is Axel, I'm 30 years old and I'm from France.
I started collecting Warhammer with a friend when I was 10 or so. He had Dark elves and I had (obvisouly) the High elves. It lasted for 3~4 years I'd say and I was lucky enough to have parents that supported that passion. I accumulated some nice models, I painted some but I never really played a game.
So it has been something like 15 years without any Warhammer in my life until I found it back, last July. So I get them all out and here what I had :

I started thinking of what I wanted to do with it. It was so important to me when I was young that I couldn't just sell them. So I decided to give it another try. The plan was to (re)paint all of them, maybe try a game and see how it goes. So I did a lot of research online (things I couldn't really do when I started the first time), I learned a lot, bought some paint and what follows is in the "Painting and modelling" section :)
The plan drifted a bit when I started thinking about expending the army although I havent even finished to paint my first whole unit ... I thought about 3D printing, making some molds, proxies and finally buying some. And here I am, hundreds of euros lighter and with an army that (at least) doubled up in size and point. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty happy with all my purchases but i know I went a bit too far ^^ Anyway, I think my buying madness stopped with my last purchase when the seller tried to swindle me.

Long story short : I'm back in the hobby and I'm really glad to have found you !
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#334 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome again :)

The collection of old models look great. Some of the characters are lovely, and I really like the swordmasters and white lions.
Azaam wrote: The plan drifted a bit when I started thinking about expending the army although I havent even finished to paint my first whole unit ... I thought about 3D printing, making some molds, proxies and finally buying some. And here I am, hundreds of euros lighter and with an army that (at least) doubled up in size and point. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty happy with all my purchases but i know I went a bit too far ^^ Anyway, I think my buying madness stopped with my last purchase when the seller tried to swindle me.
It's a common collectors problem. Somehow there's always a next model which you just have to get. And it takes a lot longer to paint models than it does to buy them ;) At some point I had 3 or 4 times the number of models in a box as I had painted. I had to force myself for a few years not to buy any models and just paint what I have. With patience I managed to get to a spot where I now have a good collection painted and the number of unpainted models is manageable.

I look forward to seeing your progress here. And I'm very curious to see what you do with 3D printing. It's a technique which has announced itself a few years ago already, but it's not mainstream yet and I'm curious how well it would work for creating miniature models (and how it would work out cost wise). Keep us updated.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Oidut Studio

#335 Post by Oidut Studio »

Hello to all!
We are Oidut Studio, a custom miniature painting company based in Spain.
We hope to share here some of our work and provide opinions and advice on modeling and painting.
https://starbrushstudio.com/en/
Miniature Painting Service
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#336 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome.

:)

Looking forward to seeing your work.
SirFrog

#337 Post by SirFrog »

Hey, I'm Frog. It's been a while since I've played Warhammer but I always really liked the lore, including that of the High Elves. Anyhow, thanks for keeping this site going and I'm looking to discussing various Warhammer related topics with you all. Cheers!
Giladis
The Merlord

#338 Post by Giladis »

Welcome SirFrog. :)

With the Ulthuan about to reemerge from the waves in the near future I am expecting there will be plenty to discuss.
Aerendar Valandil

#339 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

Welcome!
Icarion

#340 Post by Icarion »

welcome!
Caledor for life!
Anduil of Elithis

#341 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Hail, fellow nobles!
I've been playing High Elves hailing from the Isles of Elithis from 6th to 8th edition until the End Times finished all that was good. After dabbling in Warmaster in between, the Old World has led me to unpack my old miniatures again to lead my Elithesi to victory once more. Glad I was able to reactivate my account!

@Giladis: I remember your old population calculation. Is that still around somewhere and did it include numbers for the Isles of Elithis?

Cheers everyone!
Attachments
h97h-4d-b3e3.jpg
h97h-4d-b3e3.jpg (171.32 KiB) Viewed 470 times
IMG-20230201-WA0001.jpeg
IMG-20230201-WA0001.jpeg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 470 times
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#342 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's an impressive looking army! Welcome back :)

Have you already gotten a few games in?

Check out my plog

Anduil of Elithis

#343 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Just one yet, as I am missing a gaming group with other TOW players in after moving home some months ago. I need to check out the local gaming club to change this.
Giladis
The Merlord

#344 Post by Giladis »

Hi there.

It was a calculation specifically for Ulthuan with some imprecise/rough estimates for other places. I think it should still be somewhere in the background section, probably towards the end since it happened 18 or so years ago :)
Anduil of Elithis

#345 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Giladis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:26 pm Hi there.

It was a calculation specifically for Ulthuan with some imprecise/rough estimates for other places. I think it should still be somewhere in the background section, probably towards the end since it happened 18 or so years ago :)
Thanks! I went digging and actually found the thread:
viewtopic.php?t=11105&hilit=Elithis

Now to think about what this could mean for my headcanon for the Isles of Elithis...