Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shandiar

#2131 Post by Shandiar »

"Sure Otto." Daerendil said and began climbing the small snowcovered hilltop. His sharp keen eyes scanned the icy landscape for any movements through the evergreen canopy.
He soon returned. "I need to scout a bit on my own to find any tracks of animals. Stay here, I will return soon."

The elf disappeared through the trees and started to look for recent tracks. He didn't find many. Something is wrong here. There should be plenty of animals around. He thought.

He discovered some large footprints in the snow and the remains of a large trap. Ogres or trolls no doubt.

He gathered a few roots and some berries before he finally found what he was looking for. Tracks of a few rabbits. He followed the tracks aimed his bow and both rabbits were dead in the blink of an eye.

He returned to the camp with the news and the little food he had found.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2132 Post by Anarion »

Baffin groaned. "I was just getting used to the prospect of not having to fight to survive," he said. "And now you tell me there are ogres or trolls in the vicinity?"

He was thankful for the rabbits however, and set about with a few of his remaining herbs to cook them. Little enough for 3 elves, 2 humans, a dwarf and a halfling though. They'd still be hungry after this meal.

"We need to reach a village soon," he added.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2133 Post by Shandiar »

You ate the food hungrily as Alariel said:
"Mellanor is situated not far from here from the descriptions I was given. Let's search for him after a nights rest and hope he has more supplies than we have."
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2134 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"It seems then that fate wishes to push us to the limits." He draws the blankets around himself as tightly as he can to keep back the cold. "Let us hope we do not freeze, hunger, or get squashed by trolls or ogres."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2135 Post by Shandiar »

You woke up abruptly during the night as Daerendil woke you up. He pointed out into the distance. A few miles to the east, an unnatural phenomena could be seen. A very local cloud had gathered above a small vale and flashes of powerful lightning stroke from the cloud to hit the ground.

"This is not natural." Daerendil said with a worried gaze. "Lightning storms are not normal when it's cold like this.
Alariel nodded. "He's right, something is wrong."
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2136 Post by Anarion »

Baffin gazed at the electrical storm.

He nodded to himself, as if confirming a thought. "You are right, Daerendil," he said. "The winds of magic blow strongly there. Those bolts are magical in essense. The question is, do we care or do we stay quiet and out of trouble here?"

Secretly he hoped for the latter. But he knew in his heart that the others would want to find out more.
Never moon a werewolf.
Glaciandar

#2137 Post by Glaciandar »

"We should see what it is. It could be important, it could be another way we can guard against chaos, it could be anything. The danger is not important," Otto said and began to gather his things.
[i]"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>"[/i] - Paul Dirac
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2138 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Lets roll," his breath hanging heavily in the cold air. "Besides, moving may just keep us from freezing over." Kelian longed for the thick fur of the wolf, but not enough time had been spent changing for his comfort just yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2139 Post by Shandiar »

Grumnir grumbled sleepily. "Curse those magick users..." He swore and yawned loudly. Then he went to gather his gear.
"Let's go then."

Daerendil moved swiftly through the forest, silent and fast, he dodged the trees and the undergrowth, leaving the rest of you behind.
Suddenly he appeared next to Baffin. "The lightning had stopped, can you sense anything?"
Baffin closed his eyes. No the magick was gone, as powerful as it had been before, it was gone now.
"I sense nothing."

Daerendil scouted ahead as you reached the edge of the cliffs leading into the vale. The lightning storm had disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared in the dark cold night.

In the midst of the evergreen trees, there was a clearing, with a tent and a fire that burned melting the snow around it. Several tree branches laid scarred and burned on the snowy ground, and one tree was split in half. This had to be the place of the lightning storm.
There was no sign of any movement or beings in the vicinity.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2140 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto took a last look and then began to head down to the clearing. "Be careful," he warned, "this is probably a trap we're walking into."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2141 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian checked all around for what signs could be seen. It was Daerendil who called first. "There are tracks, large foot prints, likely Trolls." "They will undoubtedly be close, we should be on our guard," Kelian spoke softly. "Perhaps my dear now would be a good time to see what a wolf may see?"
Shandiar

#2142 Post by Shandiar »

"Sure Kelian." She replied with a smile.
Her form became distorted as her limbs changed and her skin grew fur. In a matter of seconds she had changed to the beautiful silver wolf, you had encountered a few weeks before.
Telepatically she sent a message to Kelian. Touch the headband and whisper a prayer to Kurnous. That will start the transformation.

Kelian did as commanded and soon his form became distorted too as he changed form. It was a bit scary and Kelian became dizzy from the transformation. He scratched the earth with his paws and sniffed the ground in front of him. So many new smells reached his nostrils. The overwhleming smells of trolls, no doubt, but also a hint of something else, something that reminded him of his homeland. A smell of wet soil in the dew heavy spring mornings. A wood elf no doubt had been here recently.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2143 Post by Etherion Fenix »

It was to the smell of the wood elf Kelian focused once he got his head around all that he was now experiencing. Sniffing around, he tried to follow where it had gone.
Shandiar

#2144 Post by Shandiar »

The scent was fresh and hung heavy in the air. Tracks covered the ground, large prints punctured the layer of snow. There could be no doubt, the wood elf was carried by the trolls towards the ridge to the south.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2145 Post by Etherion Fenix »

His head low, nostrils flaring scant inches above the snow keen for the scent. The task was clear, the destination set, now to follow. With that he set off following the tracks and scent.

OOC: I don't remember asking if I could actually communicate in this form. If yes, I tell everyone to follow. If not, well Otto gets away with it! 8)
Shandiar

#2146 Post by Shandiar »

"Follow me." Kelian said with a half growling voice. He hadn't quite accustomed to his new form and the words were barely understandable. The wood elf looked at you with a questionable gaze, wondering if his words were understood before heading back to the scent and the tracks, his nostrils close to the snow.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2147 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto followed Kelian, begrudingly as there was something inherently not right about following what basically amounted to a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2148 Post by Shandiar »

You followed the trail into the hills with caution for any movements. Suddenly howlig wolves could be heard from not far away. The sound reached Kelians ears and he looked up and sniffed the air. It was wolves. Alariels sweet voice entered his mind again. "They are hungry and looking for food, and they are closeby."
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2149 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Wolves," Kelian growled out. "Move faster, try to lose them." The fur along his mane bristled, this is not what they needed right now.
Shandiar

#2150 Post by Shandiar »

"Too late." Alariel said and Kelian knew there was several wolves lurking among the trees close to the trail. A large white wolf emerged with confidence moving slowly closer to Kelian without the slightest sign of fear. It looked intelligent with its behaviour, but Kelian couldn't tell except he had this feeling you were surrounded from all sides.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2151 Post by Etherion Fenix »

His ears twitched, swiveling around to catch for the slightest noise. Sinews in his legs tightened and loosened as he prepared himself to move quickly should he need. His nostrals flared for scent, steam blasting out in the frozen air. A desire rose in him to snarl and bare his teeth menacingly, but the more elven part of him knew that this wasn't the time for such a display. He would wait and let the white wolf make the first move.
Anarion
The White Lion

#2152 Post by Anarion »

"Umm, what do we do now?" asked Baffin, looking to Alariel and Kelian for guidance and reassurance. He didn't want to end his life as the dinner of a hungry wolf.

He tensed, ready to cast something, anything that would help him.
Never moon a werewolf.
Garadehl

#2153 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil remained unmoving, not reaching for his bow as had become the norm for the wood elf. This wolf was not like any other he had come across, its movements seemed to be dictated by a logic rather than by instinct. Daerendil noted as best he could the locations of the other wolves, but something told him if the white wolf were to attack they wouldn't stand much of a chance.

"Greetings, Wolf."
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Shandiar

#2154 Post by Shandiar »

It looked up at Daerendil with its ears laid back close to its fur. Daerendil read that as a sign, that it was willing to socialize rather than attack.

It barked towards Kelian and to his surprise he could understand the words in his newly acquired wolfform.
"What are you doing here?" It asked in a non mencaing way.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2155 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"We are looking for an elf, Mellanor. We believe he is somewhere around here, though the tracks of the Trolls worries us. Do you know anything?" He only hoped his new acquired wolfin wasn't as bad as speaking reik in this form.
Shandiar

#2156 Post by Shandiar »

"I smell the wood elf closeby besides the three of you in the direction of those hills."

Kelian followed its gaze, exactly where the tracks of the trolls headed.

The wolf continued to speak to Kelian. "I fear for his life, the trolls are ever hungry and have looted all food in the area. My pack is starving because of this."
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2157 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian lets out a low growl. "I only hope he is still alive, we must find him. If that means taking down the trolls, so be it. Your aid would be most welcome in riding our mutual foe?"

He turns to the others, "the Trolls have taken Mellanor, the wolves say they have taken him that way." With his nose he points in the direction the wolf had indicated.
Shandiar

#2158 Post by Shandiar »

The white wolf howled and a dozen wolves appeared, nearing you cautiously.

The white wolf barked a few orders. "We will follow you to the camp in your search for the elf. Anything that can get my pack something to eat, though we will probably have to fight for it. With your help it might be possible."
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2159 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelians tail wags, "excellent, the spoils of meat are yours." He turned to the others again. "The wolves will help us, we best go."
Anarion
The White Lion

#2160 Post by Anarion »

"Go where?" asked Baffin, not trusting the whole situation at all, and wondering at Kelian's new form.

"I mislike this a lot." He made another magic sensory test, but there was no sign of any disturbance in the winds. Except for his own probing that was. "Very well, let's follow the wolves," he said. "Anywhere is better than out here in the cold."
Never moon a werewolf.