Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shandiar

#2101 Post by Shandiar »

Prince Ellanor? bowed with courtesy towards Alariel recognizing the power behind her beautiful appearance.

"It's time I pack my things and leave. My job here is done. Thank you again for your help in the battle. I couldn't have done it without you. If you ever come to Marienburg, go look for the Asur Enclave at the docks. You might find me there and then we shall have a feast to remember. Goodbye!"

"Let's go then." Alariel said, returning the courtesy towards the Asur Archmage.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2102 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto nodded and walked out of the room heading for the Sisters. Words weren't necessary and the others were getting used to him just walking off when he was impatient.
[i]"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>"[/i] - Paul Dirac
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2103 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian shook his head, Otto had wandered off again. "If form holds, Otto will be walking into an army of darkness' path." He extended his hand, "shall we follow milady?"
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2104 Post by Shandiar »

"Of course Kelian." Her hand felt soft against Kelians rugged hands and the elf couldn't help but shiever a little.

Dawn had broken through the clouds dispersing them slowly. The feeble rays of the sun added little warmth to the cold wind, but the sun was a welcome sight anyway. In this light it was easy to navigate through the streets and broken ruins to get to the monastary on Sigmars Rock overlooking the destroyed city. Last nights nightmare seemed indeed to be far away as you walked through the city. No shadows appeared to stalk you and no daemons flew around over your heads, it was a nice and quiet, but bittercold day.

The guards in front of the temple raised their steelwhips as you approached, but lowered them quickly as Otto strode forward.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2105 Post by Glaciandar »

"Praise Sigmar," Otto said in greeting and began to talk to the Sister who he had had the altercation with on his first visit, "I was told that the Sisters have something for me. Show me where I have to go."
He smiled at her grimace, the women of Sigmar hated having to remember their place.
Shandiar

#2106 Post by Shandiar »

Bowing towardsthe heroes, the proud Sigmarite couldn't help but grimacing. Otto of Meissen ordered her around like a dog.

"This way" Was all she managed to say while leading the band of heroes inside.

The grand Matriarch laid on a bench in the annex, where you were attacked by daemons the first time. She looked very peacefully, withdrawn from the horrors of Mordheim. Her face looked pale amidst the broken glass from the windows, but at last she had found peace.

"The matron mother wanted you to have this" The Sigmarite Sister said presenting an ornate mail armour to Otto. It was decorated with ancient symbols of Sigmar and looked a bit worn from countless battles.

"This wil protect you while promoting the faith of Sigmar."
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2107 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto bowed his head slightly in gratitude to the Sister and then knelt without taking his gift before the Matriarch. His prayer was short except by his standards and within three minutes he had risen again. Looking over the armour as it sat on it's stand, Otto smiled. It was a holy object, the twin tailed comets spoke of that fact, and a practical one that would enable him to go into more dangerous situations for the furtherance of his religion. He peeled off his outer garments to the shock of the Sister, who's face turned red, and had her help him into the unwieldy straps of the armour.
Once dressed, Otto considered her pennance over, the embarrassment suffered enough to recover the slight. Thanking her fully at last, Otto wished her well with her religious endeavors and left the convent. Ready to serve Sigmar once more.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2108 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian whispered into Alariel's ear while Otto was into his second minute of prayer. "You have to give it to him. He is the most devout human I have ever seen."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Anarion
The White Lion

#2109 Post by Anarion »

Baffin looked up from his tomes when out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of white. Seeing Otto mostly down to his smallclothes he snickered and resumed reading.

:D
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2110 Post by Shandiar »

A Sigmarite Sister interrupted Baffins reading. "Excuse me master Baffin, I'he heard you are skilled healer. Lots of our Sisters are at the infirmery after last nights fights against evil. Do you have the time to go help us?"
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2111 Post by Anarion »

Baffin closed his book immediately and stood up. "Of course," he replied. "Show me the way and I will help as I can."

He gathered up his things and followed the sister.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2112 Post by Shandiar »

She lead the way through the halls. The moans of wounded persons reached Baffins ears and he prepared himself mentally for the task. "I need some clean water." He said.

Twenty or so Sisters laid on blankets on the floor. Most had gashes from clawed attacks, but some had faced fiery magic and these were badly wounded.

"Welcome Baffin." The leading priest said. "Let me show you who needs help the most." She directed Baffin to a young Sister merely 16 of age. Her face was scorched and she was in great pain from internal bleedings.
High Priest of ASS
Garadehl

#2113 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil followed Baffin to see if he could lend a hand to the healers. The fight had been nasty and he feared they could use all the help that came their way.
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Anarion
The White Lion

#2114 Post by Anarion »

Baffin hurried to the sister's side. It took all his skill to even begin to help her, but after some minutes of his ministrations he stood up again and turned to the priestess. "She will live," he said, "but it will take time and she may never be the same."

He noticed Daerendil there and was thankful for the familiar face. "You can help me with these people," he said. There would be more than enough work for both of them, cleaning wounds and binding them, administering his medications, holding down the badly injured while he performed surgery.
Never moon a werewolf.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#2115 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Roland stood back watching, deciding that it was probably best if he didn't get in their way. Although, by standing back and looking on, he did feel slightly helpless and useless, his fingers crept around his new symbol.
Shandiar

#2116 Post by Shandiar »

Thanks to Baffins skills and spells there would be no visit from Morr this morning.

Totally exhausted Baffin leaned against the cold stonewall. He was pleased to see everyone of his patients would be alright and live to see the sun again. Some with permanent wounds, but they would live.

"Thank you Baffin, we could not have saved these lives without you." She grasped his hand opened it and placed a small silver necklace in his palm. It was the symbol of the twintailed comet.
"Take this as a symbol of our gratitude, maybe it will help you in the dark times to come."

A younger Sister clad in red robes arrived. "Amarissa the Sister Superior requests your presence." She said nodding towards Baffin and Daerendil.
High Priest of ASS
Shandiar

#2117 Post by Shandiar »

You hurried through the halls following the young Sister, and finally you reached the chamber where the former Matriarch lay lit de parade.

"Sorry to interrupt you in your work, but I was told you were done at the infirmery. You have mine and my orders eternal gratitude, for what you have done for us."

Baffin and Daerendil were still covered in blood and some fresh water was placed in front of you. As Daerendil bent down he noticed the sun rose yet again penetrating the clouds and the glow went straight through the broken windows and caressed the Matriarchs chin.

"As the law of Sigmar orders us, we have to chose a new leader of our order at the following dawn. I want you all to witness this."

Otto sent a proud smile towards Amarissa as she spoke, fully aware of the honour of being at this ritual.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2118 Post by Anarion »

Baffin stood quietly, after attempting to wash the worst of the blood and grime off his hands and arms. Likely he would not be able to wear this tunic again. He felt a little unworthy to be present at this ritual in the state that he was in.
Never moon a werewolf.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2119 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian bowed deeply at the honour of being present for such a thing. He could only imagine that it must be a rare thing indeed to see the ceremonies of such importance being done with outsiders present.
Glaciandar

#2120 Post by Glaciandar »

"You honour us, Sister Superior," Otto said, it was enough for his tone conveyed his feelings.
Looking around he noticed that Baffin was holding a symbol of the twin-tailed comet. Smiling again, Otto thought perhaps it was not just himself but this whole party that might have Sigmar's blessing. A few pure souls in a dark world, but he had found kin despite it all.
Shandiar

#2121 Post by Shandiar »

A praise was spoken and then the song "The Holy Sigmar" was sung. Amarissa prayed for the Matriarchs passing to the other world and several Sisters bent down and cried.

The choir started to sing again, in lovely but dark tunes, which called forth tears in several of the Sisters eyes.

When the song stopped a Sister clad in a black robe pronounced Amarissa as the new Matriarch.

Wine was brought forth and the Sisters cheered for their new leader.
High Priest of ASS
Shandiar

#2122 Post by Shandiar »

The new leader rose and spoke in front of the crowd.

"Sisters and friends, this is a great honour for me, though it didn't happen the way any of us wanted. May the Matriarch and the lost Sisters enjoy their stay close to Sigmar for all eternity."

Otto had heard that phrase of passing before and he nodded in agreement.

"We have a city to protect while it's rebuilt and in time the temple will prosper once again. Three cheers for the valiant heroes who managed to defeat the Evil One."

The Sisters cheered at you holding their glasses of wine high. This was indeed the moment to celebrate.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2123 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Good cheer also to you Sisters with whose aid this mission would have been more difficult then the trial we faced."
Kelian looked down for a moment. "It is with a sad heart that we must say our goodbyes and move on. There is still much evil out there and their is a harsh winter that must be explained."
Anarion
The White Lion

#2124 Post by Anarion »

Baffin bade his goodbyes quietly. His heart was not heavy. After all they had endured in this terrible city even the cold wilderness seemed a welcome respite. This city was just too evil.

He gathered his supplies carefully. It would be a harsh journey with Kelian, he did not doubt. "Do you know where we are going?" he asked him.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2125 Post by Shandiar »

"Of course friends, you do seem to live a dangerous life always on the road, but if that is what you must do, then please let us restock your supplies of food, drink and equipment. It's the least we can do." Amarissa said.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2126 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"We go to find Mellanor in the place known as Kislev. I only hope the journey shall prover safer then some we have done."

"I think it is safe to say on everyones behalf a hearty thank you for all you have done Amirissa."
Shandiar

#2127 Post by Shandiar »

OOC:ROFL I just went through the first page...noobs

IC: The Sisters restocked you with ammuniton and supplies for the next few days. They loaded a happy mule with the burden.

"Travel safe my friends." Amarissa said with much more joy in her voice than you arrived. It graced your heart with the feeling you had indeed done a difference as you left the dark city behind you.

It was easy to track through the landscape and one day took the other as you travelled east along the road. There was nothing unusual heading your direction but the cold and storming wind making small icetaps on your noses and ears.

One day Daerendil said. "Our supplies are almost up."
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2128 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"We should go out and see what nature can provide for us. That or hope to the gods that a town is coming up soon."

OOC: I almost thought we were going to be stuck with the Sisters forever.
Glaciandar

#2129 Post by Glaciandar »

"How about we climb to the top of that hill and look to see what options we have?" Otto suggested.

OOC:
Merry Christmas*, hanuka* and rammadan* & a happy new year.

*my apologies for spelling errors
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#2130 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

OOC: I hear Elves are good eating.

Roland had received signs that his path and the path of these weird men, elves and halflings, and his own were to be one and the same, for a time anyway. In any case, the current shortage of supplies was no doubt a challenge they would need to face, whether it was one of their own doing, or that of some higher being, subtly moving the group around like a chess piece remained to be seen however. Roland was confident they would come through upon the other side richer for the experience.