Storm Over Ulthuan

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Crazylisk

#3091 Post by Crazylisk »

When Elshar gets back to the manor he locates Calarion and Aruthan and informs him of what his found even though it may not be that important. And also of a possible plan to maybe offer the elves in the house across the path protection as they seemed to be scared of something.
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven." - Alith Anar, the Shadow King
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3092 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"How curious. I wonder what Avel would think of such a thing."
This was at least something and better then the nothing Aruthan himself had found.
"It seems a reasonable plan, we may as well try it."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3093 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Standing rooted in spot, Avel shook his head a little before heading over towards the on-ground rooms. Two High Princes with high-expectations from him now...the pressure was mounting, not to mention the burning desire from himself to win, not only for the sheer glory of it, but to prove himself to the others, and himself.
Crazylisk

#3094 Post by Crazylisk »

"I guess it's settled then. Tomorrow morning we can go and see if offering them Calarions' protection will make them more forth coming with information. I only hope that it's useful information." Elshar said, simply assuming that Calarion would have no problems with such an offer if it brought them closer to the cult.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3095 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Surprisingly, Calarion does have an objection when you put it to him - one of the political side. "It is hardly very diplomatic for Saphery to be offering protection to Yvressan citizens." He frowns, and then continues, "I think that the potential gain involved outweighs this, but we do need to take it into consideration. No offense, but you two are not renown for diplomatic ability. I think that I shall send one of my own men with you who can take care of the talking."
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Crazylisk

#3096 Post by Crazylisk »

"Then don't say your offering them protection, just say that your offering them a chance to come study at your manor in Saphery or something." Elshar replied.

"He still doesn't trust us." Elshar muttered to Aruthan once they were finished.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3097 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"The feeling is mutual," Aruthan muttered under his breath.
"There is nothing wrong with my diplomacy, only in how others see it." He glanced darkly at Calarion before returning his attention to Elshar. "We should carefully watch this elf he sends with us," he said softly. "The last 'help' he sent was really a spy."
Aruthan was beginning to think he may need to do something about this High Prince.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3098 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Cendramir Silvereye is the diplomat Calarion chooses to send with you, but whether or not his services are required are unknown, as when you knock on the door you find the house to be empty. Cendramir pushes the door open (there is no crime, and so locks are not necessary) and you enter, finding... nothing. Elshar's eye can pick up the faintest residue of magic, but considering how magic is used in the construction of Asur houses, it may just be the remnants of those spells he can see. In any case, your only contacts have seemingly vanished into thin air.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3099 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar started looking around the place more carefully trying to find any clues what so ever as to where the owners of the house disappeared to. And whether or not they had left in a hurry.

Surely there had to be some clue, he was going to be rather annoyed if the cultist had managed to get rid of the only link they had found so far.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3100 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"We are to late it seems. I wonder if we even had a chance at getting what we needed from them. Perhaps a neighbour may know what has happened?" Aruthan shrugged with a mixture of annoyance and resignation.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3101 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

After sweeping the house all day, the three of you are forced to admit defeat. There is no sign of the elves in the house at all, and as the neighbours admit to knowing nothing (with a good deal more truthfulness, this time, or so Cendramir reports) you have reached a dead end. Again.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3102 Post by Crazylisk »

"I can't believe they didn't leave a single thing behind." Elshar said in frustration, the cult had done far too good a job without anyone noticing them.

"I guess we know they have been here, but where they went we don't seem to have much of idea. I wonder if Avel's sister has returned or if she too has been taken by the cult." he continued, before going across the street and knocking on the door again.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3103 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan threw his arms up in disgust. "I give up on this searching for information. When you want me to kill something come find me."
He then wandered off into the dusk, hoping with all hope that wouldn't be far away.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3104 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

It is not long thereafter that the Tournament begins. According to custom, only the very most important dignitaries and a few of their followers are to attend the opening ceremony, but hoping to get you acquainted with the proceedings for the purposes of your future investigations, the High Prince has as the five members of his party himself, Elshar, Aruthan, Tarran Angedhel (an older elf, and the head of Calarion's bodyguard) as well as a younger member of his bodyguard, Encaitar Vairelathris.
The party assembles in the pavilions which have been established for the duels outside the fortifications of Armis Kormailn, and Calarion quietly points out other elves who he can see in the crowd - Phytrion, the new Warden of Tor Yvresse after the fall of Eltharion; Tarielle Windwave, favoured emissary and general for the ruling Council of Cothique; Ashirilan Talanier of Eataine, brother of the lord of one of the most powerful trading families which has extremely lucrative mining operations in the City of Spires; Lord Tythasiar Silveroak, a powerful courtier at the Evercourt; and High Prince Finurair Ardalassan, the noble-featured ruler of Yvresse.
Soon thereafter, the contestants, selected by the judges over the last week, file on to the podium erected for the ceremony. Amongst the candidates, who hail from all the different kingdoms of Ulthuan, Avel can be seen. The week of solitude and meditation has done him wonders - he looks more noble and at peace than he has done for a while. He nods at the crowd, looking you in the eye, and then another whom you cannot pick out. Normally this ceremony would be conducted by the Grand Master Thoronthol Ardagnirhir, but in his absence the duty has fallen to Mistress Aurielle of the Owl Order, and Master Yiarlie of the Falcon Order. They do not need to gesture for silence, as they begin the prayer to Ladrielle, the patron goddess of Yvresse, a high-pitched and haunting melody entreating her to look favourably upon the proceedings. Continuing the prayer, the two take up sacred spring water drawn from the fountain of the goddess at her shrine in Tor Yvresse. With a single flicker, reflecting the moonlight, all the contestants draw a single blade simultaneously and hold the blades before their face. One by one, the blades are doused with the sacred water of Ladrielle, consecrating them for the duels ahead. Once the consecration is done, the warrior kisses the hilt of the sword and lowers it so that the blade points downwards. The two Masters continue to sing their haunting song as they work down the line. Once all thirty-two blades are anointed, the prayer asks for blessings on the proceedings one final time, and then the two fall silent. The contestants turn and are lead away. On the morrow, the duels shall begin, one a day for the next five days until only one of the warriors remains, who shall be declared the Blade-Master of Armis Kormailn. Five days to discover what the Veiled Alliance has planned.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3105 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Despite what was happening behind the scenes, unknown to most if not all, this was undoubtedly the greatest moment in Avel's life. The time that had passed had finally given Avel the chance for introflection, and coming to terms with what he had done, what had been done to him, and what had happened over the recent times.

Picking Calarion, Elshar and Aruthan out in the crowd and acknowledging them, Avel felt a twange of disappointment that his sister hadn't come to see him. Casting his gaze to the High Prince Finurair nodded subtely, having caught his attention at the corner of his eye.

As Avel is lead away, he afforded himself the chance to glance at the other entrants, sizing them up in his minds-eye, looking to see if there were any amongst that he knew...or once knew, it seemed so long ago that he was here.
Crazylisk

#3106 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar believed that their inability to find Avel's sister was somehow related the Veiled Alliance. If they found her they would problem find the cultist scum, or vice versa.

"I think we should check out Avel's sister's house and see if that has any clues." Elshar whispered to Aruthan as they sat through the ceremony.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3107 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"With our luck a coven of cultist shall be there when we arrive," Aruthan said uncaringly. "We might as well." His mind was elsewhere at the moment.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3108 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

The next morning, Calarion departs early to watch the duels, and also gives word that Avel's duel is scheduled for the Hour of the Griffon (trans - about 3pm). That gives you the morning to investigate further. You leave early, taking Cendramir with you, and begin a meticulous search of the house. Unfortunately you are forced to conclude that someone else - the Veiled Alliance, presumably - has already stripped the house of any possible clues. Finally, after a long search, you must decide whether to abandon the search to Cendramir and see Avel's duel, or to continue searching regardless of your companion's rapidly-approaching first fight.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3109 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"You should go Elshar, to watch his fight. It would probably mean more if someone who cared was their to witness it. I'm sure the two of us are more then capable of continuing on."
Anarion
The White Lion

#3110 Post by Anarion »

Istarion continued to browse the library. So far the search had been fruitless. Now he began to look at even more obscure passages. Surely there was a clue somewhere.
Never moon a werewolf.
Crazylisk

#3111 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar nodded at Aruthan's suggestion.

"I'll return to the search once the duel is complete. Hopefully you'll have some luck in my absence." Elshar said, as before leaving the house and making his way to the duel.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3112 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Shortly after Elshar makes his departure, Aruthan finally stumbles across something - not much, but the smallest of clues is better than none at all. A tiny splatter of blood lies on the floor, the only mark unnoticed by whoever stripped this house of clues.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3113 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"You, Calarions little spy, come here." Aruthan didn't even bother looking at their appointed assistant, but just looked around the area of the blood. Wondering if anything else might pop up.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3114 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"I am not a spy," Cendramir retorts, but nevertheless moves to look at the tiny patch of blood. He frowns at it. "It's not a very helpful clue, is it? The best I can do is try to use my magic to identify whose blood this is. We'll probably find out it's Enelya Naathilam's blood, but it's worth a try. You'll have to be patient though, it could take a while."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Krusader

#3115 Post by Krusader »

Galathalas continues reading books and honing his skills, but by Istarion's request also helps him out scouring through books for any clues.
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3116 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Tell me what you like, I have no doubt you shall tell Calarion everything you find with us. So get to work on your spell so we can get on with it."
He rested his back to the wall, waiting for Cendramir to do his thing.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3117 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Cendramir's spell takes some time to cast, but finally a red mist rises from the splatter of blood and forms into the image of an elf, angular-featured and with long blonde hair. It is definitely male.
"I think we have a clue," Cendramir says tiredly. "That's definitely not Enelya Naathilam."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3118 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan glanced over at the image conjured. "Well it doesn't look like anyone I have seen before. It also means that I need to look out for anyone recently injured."
Aruthan rubbed his chin, "I think we should get to that competition of Avels."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3119 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

When Elshar arrives, Avel is standing in the middle of a circle of elves, bowing to a she-elf with an exceptionally long braid of black hair, who returns the bow. Her clothing indicates that she is of Tiranoc, and she takes her single sword and swings it swiftly around her, testing the weight. Avel meanwhile bears two swords - ordinary swords, for the use of magic weapons is banned in these tournaments. He stands more nonchalantly - obviously ready, but not making any move. The Tiranoci woman approaches, cautiously at first and then faster as she gets near - and Avel's blades flash out. There is a single flicker of motion, and then the she-elf is sitting on her rump in the grass, her blade a few feet away, and Avel's blades are crossed an inch before her neck. He withdraws them as the audience claps appreciately.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3120 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

"Don't let defeat discourage you, use it, and push yourself harder. You cannot appreciate victory without it." whispered Avel, withdrawing his blades, and bending forward to help the fallen elf to her feet.