DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

Re: DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

#61 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*the elf gives a light shrug, his almond shaped eyes studying the group carefully, his melodic tinted with a hint of worry, though not for himself but rather for this young race bent upon a course of its own destruction*

Pray tell me, am I the only one to find it suspiscious that there appearently have been two attackers upon the guests tonight, we also have two people who state, despite the dangers, being away from a room where they could lock themselves in and put all manners of furniture behind to keep the door closed -should they truly be afraid- yet everyone seems focused on Anika rather than the person who, by his own admission, where outside his own room, in the middle of the night, to see the lady?

I shall not vote, for it is not my kin that has been killed, nor is it my right to interfere in human justice however odd this process may seem to me, I do however wish to point out the... issues in this process.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#62 Post by Ruerl Khan »

((OOC clarification of last post:))

Vote: Abstain
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Uther Di Asturien

#63 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

"It would both be unseemingly of myself to vote for a Lady or against my patron. Despite the tale spinning on her part, she still appears to me no more suspicious than Theoderic, perhaps even less so out of his divine luck in fighting off two consecutive attackers, and so I vote: Abstain."
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ghost

#64 Post by Ghost »

"While it is very plausible that sir wolfram has woven this tale, and perhaps seen Anika as he escaped from attacking Theoderic... In fact it is even possible that Anika was the first assassin that Theoderic fended off and Wolfram is the second attacker... Either way we must come to a conclusion or else we leave ourselves at the mercy of these assassins another night. Your lack of voting makes me suspicious that you are protecting the assassins by hindering any chance we may have of catching these fiends. My vote for Anika stands but I will be keeping my eye on you."

OOC: sorry if the post is too chunky, posting through cellphone no clue how it will turn out on regular screen
Lethalis

#65 Post by Lethalis »

Lady Elisabeth listened attentively as each present made their arguments known to one and other, still pale from experiencing first hand how her life was so at risk. Eventually she speaks. "Normally I would despise to vote to kill such as this, much preferring a court with due witnesses... And normally I would shy away from being so quick to judge disfavourably towards one of my gender."

She sighs. "And yet... I found myself at the mercy of waking up just in time with all the luck of the world. It is then with a heavy heart that I condemn you, Anika... As much as it pains me, you don't seem like the type who thinks that in this situation where everyone is under suspicion to wander so freely without feeling threatened either by enemies - something that marks you out as one of them. It is not the most solid proof we have, but whether I should survive this ordeal or not, I will live for know knowing that I did my bit in fighting those whose very presence is a threat."

Vote: Anika Elzacher
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Sturen

#66 Post by Sturen »

She nods as the other speak, "I don't know how I can debate your reasoning, for in your position I would see myself as most likey killer. I will explain what some of you have interpreted as a change of story. I left my room in fear, for I was isolated and alone, scared of attack, and it was irrational to leave, but fear drives us to irrationality. When I was near others, and safer, as I thought, I started to realize that being here could be useful, I could discover the activities the other guests, take that as you will, suspicious or good-willed. But clearly my bravery was not as much as I had anticipated, and upon hearing the commotion and seeing a figure running by, I ran. Wolfram, I was a little quick to accuse, but as I said, I agree with the reasoning of the others, and in their place I would quite probably vote for myself, but I place you as second most suspicious, as you are the only other confirmed to be outside your room last night. I apologize for my haste, but it is in haste we must decide, for three attacks occurred last night, and who knows how many will occur tonight, or even if we will all make it through the night.

I am surprised that no one has asked the Lady Elisabeth if she gained any insight into her attacker, we have all focused on Theoderic, but the Lady was also attacked. Did you see anything of use, or suffer any injury from the attack?"
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#67 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'Those who would abstain doom us all with their inaction, especially now that we have greater information and talk. Were we all to abstain we would be killed like dogs.'

'And having said that, and not wishing to be a hypocrite, I too shall cast my vote Anika. A change of story combined with suspicious activity would seem most suspicious out of other actions, and there is not enough suggest anything of others here.

VOTE: Anika
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#68 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*Thalos looks at Theoderic shaking his head, his almond shaped eyes full of pity for the young human race, how hasty and prone to outbursts they seemed to be! When he spoke his melodic voice was however sarcastic, pity and contempt for the man mixed equeally in the tone of his words* I have seen more death in my life than you and any ten of your descendants have human, so please do pardon me if death have lost its romantic charm for me hundreds of years ago.

You should not be so quick to condemn one who shies away from death, but rather seek to question yourself on why you so desperately seeks death, rather than alternatives in how to find the culprit? Is that not what we all truly want? To find the person, and see justice done? I stress justice not a lynching.

*shaking his head softly he studies Theoderic, the scorn leaving his voice, only pity for the scared younger race left in his melodic voice as he continues* But I suppose it is easy for me to say, I do I suppose have a somewhat different outlook, and I am not scared of some human assassin, and your fear is easy to understand as such. I apologize for not feeling the same dread and being... unable to have proper empathy with you.
cidracin

#69 Post by cidracin »

"Well it seems that Lady Anika's fate is sealed unless some shocking new information comes out. Since my vote is rather irrelevant at this point I shall keep my vote for Markus. I am suspicious of Wolfram as well now, but becuase my gut is telling me that there is something not right about Markus I see no need to change it." said Ruprecht.
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Amun-Lothain

#70 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Although the previous night passed with no blood being spilt, the sun would not set without bloodshed. The three failed attacks had apparently stirred the guests to action, and at last the vote was decided. Lord Frederich ordered his guards to restrain Anika as he pronounced the verdict himself. "Anika Elzacher, your fellows are in agreement that you took part in the attacks of last night. I pray they have judged wisely." Another guard passed out daggers to the guests and Peter as well. "No matter your vote, we should all take part in carrying out this sentence." He glanced towards the two elves as he said this. "It is important to understand that each of our lives depends upon making the right choice." To prove his point, he struck the first blow himself.

Anika spoke with determination as the life flowed from her body. "I sought only to avenge the death of my father, and I tell you now that his killer is still amongst you!"

A search of her possessions reveals a journal with evidence proving her final words to be true.

OOC: It is now NIGHT! PM me your actions.

The tally so far:
Anika Elzacher: Vengeance-seeking noble, executed on day 2.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Amun-Lothain

#71 Post by Amun-Lothain »

As a new day begins, the guests assemble once more in the hall. Again, food and drink are served, and the servants to their best to keep the noble guests comfortable, but the long night spent in fear of being murdered has taken its toll on their nerves. Olanis refuses the food offered to him, apparently feeling ill. Wilhelm is also walking with a slight limp, and Boris has a cut on his arm. However, as they gather, it appears that everyone has survived their second night!

It is now DAY. You have 48 hours to discuss and vote.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#72 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm winced as he sat down, eyeing the rest of the group carefully. "Well, here we are again, everyone surviving another night" he said as everyone had entered. "Anyone found out anything last night?"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
The Darkness

#73 Post by The Darkness »

"It is a mercy to the gods that we all have survived, however I feel I owe my own survival to you Wilhelm Heidmann and for that I am truely in your debt. I heard the sound of fighting from beyond my door last night and alas I am no great talent in combat but I was able to look through the keyhole and watch you fend off the attacker. Unfortuneately I was unable to identify who you fought with but hopefully you were able to." Wolfram paused, looking at the faces of those around him, seeing that some of them too had had troubled nights.

"While some of you may still question as to whether or not I am innocent in this after I revealed I was about the halls the previous night before when Theoderic was attacked I would pledge my own life to say that Wilhelm Heidmann is an innocent among these troubles. Alas that is probably enough of me, what about the rest of you? Boris, what ever caused that cut upon your arm?"
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
cidracin

#74 Post by cidracin »

"Wilhelm what happened to you last night?" asks Ruprecht.
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#75 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Yes, pray do tell.

*the tall elf studies the pair carefully, his almond shaped eyes studying Wolfram suspisciously, before he speaks. His melodic voice filled with doubt* for one, I would like to know what people are doing outside their rooms each and every night, except fighting inefficient assassins. I for one thought that if the murder of innocent Anika taught anyone anything, it would be to remain in your room, perhaps share room with another person?

I would also call into question the whole notion of murdering one of our own, clearly these assassins are incompetent, and if you keep up the voting to have your own killed, then you may just be more efficient at killing the innocents than the assassin ever where.

*he gives a light shrug before he continues* either way, I believe tonight requests some clarification, one example is this... How can you know that Wilhelm fought off an attacker or was suprised and prevented from doing an ill deed? I would never be so hasty as to let appearences be the first thing to lead me, as it often is an ungrateful guide.
The Darkness

#76 Post by The Darkness »

"I had hoped to avoid doing this as to keep with the wishes of the order but alas it has reached a point where I fear I must reveal myself as to ensure that a course of justice is maintained. I was introduced to you all as a merchant of Marienberg, this however was a guise. I'm infact a member of the Order of Sigmar as a Witch Hunter tasked with seeking out heresy and witchcraft. Any of you that hail from the Empire should recognise my authority and the power of my word and those of you that don't should still be able to respect the jurisdiction of my position." Wofram paused, hoping that they were fully comprehending what he was saying.

"Let it be said now that I've probably marked myself for death with this admission to the assassins unless they really are as hopeless as they're appearing to be. The reason that I was walking the halls on the first night was that I was conducting my investigation as unfortuneately night has become the only time for me to do so without raising as much suspicion. You wonder how I can know that Wilhelm fought off the attacker? As a Witch Hunter I'm more than familiar with the servants of the Empire and I assure you that Wilhelm is not the attacker and I assure you elf that I am not being hasty in my judgement unless you question the words of Witch Hunter of the Empire. Let it be said that just by revealing myself I am breaking the orders to remain hidden if at all possible and I hope that it is not wasted on you but I can let a man who saved my life and that I can guarentee the innocence of be questioned otherwise. If that man is guilty of these crimes being committed than by the word if Sigmar so am I. And let it be said to the heretics among you that when I find you I will have you punished by the full extent that my position allows"

OOC - I'm not sure if there is some way to go about revealing a character or not... so just bare with me on this
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
NoOoDLe

#77 Post by NoOoDLe »

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes Markus spoke..

"And.. Why is a gathering of nobles of interest to the Order of Sigmar? That doesn't sound very credible to me.. And I certainly don't take it as a valid excuse. Also.. A Witch Hunter that cannot defend himself? Sorry. I'm not buying it. Sounds like cultist deceit to my ears.."

Markus sighed deeply..

"I hate to jump to conclusions. And Sigmar may forgive me if I'm wrong but.. You'll have to prove me wrong on this one if you want to evade my suspicions, Wolfram."

Vote: Wolfram
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Uther Di Asturien

#78 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Looking pale and tired, Olanis still felt compelled to intervene in the ongoing discussion.
"If indeed you are who you claim to be Wolfram, then no doubt you owe your saviour an apology for having condemned him to death if indeed Wilhelm was the person outside your door. Even if the cultists do not get him, i'm sure many of the other "innocent" people here have many reasons to eliminate a vigilante."
He coughed, and took a sip of water but not before eyeing it suspiciously, and then stealing Ruprecht's glass.
"I am more interested in hearing Boris's side of the story, if he was the person fighting Wilhelm, then we have a culprit in our hands, if he upon death is found to be innocent, then we shall have two culprits in our hands the following day, both Wilhelm and Wolfram."
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#79 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*the tall slender figure rubs his temples tiredly before he looks out at the humans in the room shaking his head slowly sending his long golden mane swirling slowly around him in a tired motion, when he speaks his melodic voice seems tired, as if he is repeating himself to a group of particulair slow and dim witted children*

So, we have a witch hunter who hides behind his door while under attack
at least two wounded people
at least one person who has been found outside his own room, but claimed innocent by the first.

And before we even have the truth of his identity verified there are people accusing each other trying to murder each other? Humans, did you not have enough of deaths bitter drink yet? Must you so seek the draught that brings only despair to the living? I say that we seek to verify the identity of the alleged witch hunter first, and then move on. Not that I care much for his ilk, he and his fellows always struck me as finding victory in a thousand innocents who died a martyrs death if but one cultist was found.

Perhaps he is different though, so many of your kin are so fractured after all, and I would not be suprised by this being the case here too, however if it can put you at rest I can have him in my room tonight and watch him. Perhaps that will put your mind at ease? I fear no human assassin.

I do ask you though this, why must you be more dedicated to voting each other to death than the assassins to killing you? Should another innocent be voted to death this night then you shall have caused more ruin than the assassin or assassins!
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#80 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'I would not be so quick to condemn Wolfram, Marcus. Revealing himself to be a Witch Hunter will not protect him from our votes as you have so proved and yet opens the invitation for many assassins to target him.'

Theodric watched Marcus closely.

'This is the second time you have immediately voted for one because they have a reason to be innocent. First myself after I claimed to be attacked - something which was corroborated by one who walked the halls in the night. Then you try to kill one who claims to be a Witch Hunter, ignoring the fact that someone else clearly attacked the others during the night. You seem determined to vote for those apparently the most innocent, and I find that disturbing.'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Drainial Shadowheart

#81 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"Yes quite right," Reinhold spoke up, voice more than a little sarcastic "I am sure that if we leave everything alone everything will turn out fine. On a serious note this lack of panache on the part of our attackers is wonderful but we must not take it as an excuse to be apathetic. Sooner or later they will find their form and I for one would rather find them before they do.

"On the subject of making progress Olanis, you seem a little worse for wear, does your delicate though undoubtedly superior metabolism not agree with this inclement weather or has something happened in the night?"
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#82 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm gave Wolfram glance and a nod "It's true that I was out of my room last night, as I was on my way to relieve myself. I carried a sword with me for obvious reasons given the recent events. As I was walking past Wolfram's room, I saw someone trying to enter. Without hesitation I challenged the intruder, who was considerably taken aback by my being there. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the culprit's face, but I could tell that he was a human male"

After he spoke, Wilhelm turned to Boris. "You're a human male and the only one besides myself who's injured. Which makes you quite suspect in my eyes" after he had finished but before Boris could reply, Wilhelm turned to Markus "And you. You're awfully quick to judge Wolfram. If I were an assassin, I'd be trying to get rid of those who were known to be my most dangerous enemies, in this case Wolfram. You too are very suspect in my eyes. However, I can only vote for one this day, and that is the man I believe I fought last night, Boris"

Vote: Boris
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Uther Di Asturien

#83 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

"Seeing as how the bandwagon is starting up, I shall join in early rather than later and with an actual name in contrast to yesterday. If Boris is found to be innocent, then I daresay Wilhelm and Wolfram have some explaining to do. Otherwise I believe we have caught a guilty person."
He frowned while turning to Reinhold.
"No, I slept quite well in fact and nothing and my stay here has been quite uneventful."
Grabbing an apple from the nearby table he tossed it at the human who caught it with ease.
"On a completely unrelated note I find myself completely devoid of hunger. Perhaps you would like to save my breakfast from the dogs and savour it yourself?"

"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Uther Di Asturien

#84 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Vote: Boris

"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#85 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Progress Reinhold? You call killing innocents, while incompetent assassins wander about making progress? It is beyoind belief that these assassins have made so many attempts and yet not been revealed yet by their incompetence while this idea of voting your fellow beings to death have worked very well so far.

Yes, they may "find their form" unless they remain as incompetent as I suspect. But I would not be so quick to condemn others until we are certain of guilt lest we accidentally do the assassins work and kill off our allies in confronting the assassins.

Be this as it may, I have made another descision that may or may not help. The last two nights I have been in my room, meditating and heard nothing. Tonight I shall, unless any of you object, don my ilithmar armour and do a few rounds around the house. I say this ahead of time so that none of you shall be suprised if you see me there, not that I am able to hide my identity, being both taller and thinner than any of you.

I am willing to do this, or remain in my room. But until someone can convince me of guilt, then I shall not part take in the voting, except to call it folly.
Amun-Lothain

#86 Post by Amun-Lothain »

"I am afraid I can neither confirm or deny your claims, Wolfram. If you do speak the truth, then your Order has not seen fit to inform me that they were placing an agent in my house. It is a displeasing notion, but not outside the realm of possibility."
Drainial Shadowheart

#87 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"I call finding assassins progress, I call executing innocents a tragedy but one that may be necessary and I call doing nothing suicide. You may note that I have not as yet accused anyone today.

"On that note I see that I am not alone in finding Wolfram's claim to be a witch hunter more than a little incredible, it seems to me to be a rather desperate effort to excuse his being out and about at night. I am not yet convinced of his guilt, but if neither I nor anyone else can think of a better suspect by this evening I shall add my vote to him."
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#88 Post by Ruerl Khan »

So would I call that, but we have not found any assassins as of yet.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#89 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm got up as quickly as he could with his injured leg "You people are fools. The assassins are loose and it's been by sheer luck that we've managed to survive as long as we have without another death. Yet I hear you talking about not doing anything. You, elf, you're third on my list of suspects. And you, Reinhold, I can guarantee that Wolfram was in his room when the assassin came for him. He may or may not be a member of the Order of Sigmar, but that shouldn't matter here. He was targeted for assassination for Sigmar's sake!" William drew a deep breath to calm himself.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Beware of those who choose to do nothing, for that plays into our enemies' hands. The longer we are locked in indecision the longer the killers have to pick us off one by one."

Drainial Shadowheart

#90 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"No, we have not found any assasins yet, do you then propose that we should stop looking? You accuse the assasins of incompetence but if that is truley the best you can come up with you are certainly no better."