Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

Re: Avatar: Nemesis Rising

#361 Post by Eldacar »

"Well..." Vaan hedged slightly, at a slight loss for words. The idea had seemed good, but thinking about it, he actually didn't have any real knowledge about riding. He wondered if good balance would help. It should, but then, he'd never ridden before.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#362 Post by Luna Guardian »

A bit surprised at the hostlity of the old farmer, Zhuàng replied simply "As you wish. Thank you for the dragon moose" and bowed. As for riding, he thought back to his days at the Earth Rumble. He had ridden the badgermoles used to clear the ring a couple of times, but never really long distances. Couldn't be that hard though, could it?
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#363 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin moved her head away from the ugly brute's attempts to devour her long braid. "Thank you, grandfather," she said, bowing again. "The Fire Nation is in your debt."
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#364 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Yes... about that debt. When and how much can I expect for my services to country?"
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#365 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin was taken aback by the man's selflish nature, but she did her best not to show it. "Once we have reached the capital, we will deliver the dragonmoose to the palace with instructions to return it with rewards. Prince Li-Aang is renowned for his generosity," she said, although to be honest she wasn't at all sure.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#366 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Good," he passed the reins over to Jia Lin. "Wait here while I go get the other one." He disappeared for a few minutes. Meanwhile the Dragon Moose was nudging Jia Lin some more. Zan returned with a similarly sized Bull. "I wish you a safe journey," he spoke absolutely sincerely.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#367 Post by Luna Guardian »

"At least it'll be on solid ground" Zhuàng replied. Turning to look at the dragon moose harassign Jia Lin, he grinned "I suppose I'll take the newcomer, since this one's so attached to you"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#368 Post by Eldacar »

"I'm riding with Jia, then," Vaan noted. "How many days travel is it to the capital from here, exactly, with these animals?"
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#369 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Zan looked west to the slowly lowering sun. "If you left now, mid-morning two days hence. If you left tomorrow you'd make it later to lunch. Assuming you stop when night falls and don't travel through."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#370 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"We'd best leave now then," Jia Lin said. She hefted the group's bag of provisions on to one of the dragonmoose's saddle, and then vaulted up nimbly on to the beast's back. It was highly uncomfortable, but the benefits would outweigh the chafing... hopefully...
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#371 Post by Eldacar »

Trying not to look the fool, Vaan awkwardly clambered up onto Jia's dragon moose. Yes, this had definitely needed more thought before they went ahead and tried it. He decided to himself that if they found a stream following the trail, he would take any excuse to get off and move on the water for a while instead. It would probably be more comfortable. And easier. Faster, too.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#372 Post by Luna Guardian »

"We'll be riding together then my friend. Let's not have problems along the way, okay?" Zhuàng spoke to his mount as he stroked the beast's neck. Climbing on the dragon moose, he recalled the days of Earth Rumble, bringing to mind everything he remembered about riding which, unfortunately, wasn't much. "I'll be counting on your skills then" he spoke to the animal

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#373 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The going was slow, first for everyone to get comfortable, and secondly for the animals to get used to riders. The road out of town passed through farmland for a while. People milled about at the task at hand, barely giving you a look at all as you left. The road such as it was was wide and well paved, suitable for the traffic it usually got. A mile and a half or so out of the town the forest began to creep back, slowly at first but eventually it clung to the road so thick was it. The shadows quickly grew longer and before long all light was rapidly fading as the forest sucked at what lingered.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#374 Post by Eldacar »

Lacking anything to do in particular while they ambled along, Vaan decided to practise what he had learned with the odd green spiky plant recently, and reached out for some of the grass and underbrush pushing close to the road, trying to feel - and manipulate - the water within it. Perhaps he could draw it out, or perhaps he might be able to manipulate it without removing the water, which should, he thought, push some of the underbrush back away from the path.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#375 Post by Luna Guardian »

"It's a long long way to Ba Sing Se, but the girl in the city they look so pretty" Zhuàng sang in his pleasant deep bass. Even though he wasn't familiar with riding, he felt a strange kinship to his steed. He had no idea what the animal felt however.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#376 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin kept her eyes peeled. She did not expect anything to go wrong - well, apart from the discomfort she was feeling from riding! But the group was making much faster progress than it would have otherwise. Logically, a little discomfort was a small price to pay.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#377 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Whether it's a lack of practice, the movement of the Dragon Moose or just moving at all, no water will come from the plants as you pass. Soon enough all light is gone and the creatures seem not inclined to go much further, grouping themselves together against your directions. To Vaan, the presence of a pale cresent of the Moon is felt, though no sight can be made of it or it's silver sheen yet.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#378 Post by Eldacar »

Not willing to give up just yet, Vaan reduced his pressure, instead focusing on simply attempting to feel the water within the plants rather than actively manipulating it. He might not be strong enough to manipulate it yet, he decided, particularly without a full moon, but perhaps with effort he would be able to merely sense it. Idly, he also extended his senses into the air around him, trying to feel the faint touches of water that he guessed could be in the air around him as moisture.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#379 Post by Luna Guardian »

As the light faded and the dragon moose grew unwilling to go on, Zhuàng suggested that they make camp for the night "There's no point in going further tonight. If the dragon moose stumble and break their leg, or our necks, our journey ends there. Also, unless you want me to to carry them, I don't think our steeds are moving any further".

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#380 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"I agree," Jia Lin said absently. Mostly she was thinking about how nice it would be not to be riding any further.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#381 Post by Etherion Fenix »

A small camp was quickly assembeled on the road. The sound of thousands of creatures seemed to only intensify after dark. The Dragon Moose stayed together, central to the road and close to the three of you. Yue finally crept high enough in the sky that her faint silver cresent could be now seen.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#382 Post by Eldacar »

Remembering what he had decided to do some nights earlier, Vaan slipped away from the campsite, seeking to find a place alone where he could see the moon clearly. Settling himself on the ground, he looked up towards it. How was he supposed to do this, he wondered. Make an entreaty? Wait and hope that the moon spirit might see him? Just say something?

He only deliberated it for a short few moments as he looked up at the moon. "Yue?" he asked. "Moon spirit? My name is Vaan, of the Southern Water Tribe. Will you speak with me?"

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#383 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan sat in silent contemplation, watching the moon. He could hear nothing. He hesitated, wondering if the Moon Spirit had heard him. "Yue?" he asked again. "If you can hear me, this is about Sokka - about his grandson, and what has happened. I need your help, your advice. Please."

He paused, waiting. And then he heard it, a flicker on the edge of his senses like a voice trying to get through to him. But he could discern nothing of what words it might have spoken. The moon was waxing. Perhaps it was as of yet too small, too weak to penetrate the barrier into this world, for one who was not the Avatar - from his remembrances of his learning, this seemed the clearest reasoning. Vaan nodded acceptance. The Moon Spirit had heard him, though he had yet to understand the words.

Relaxing himself in the moonlight, he bowed his head. "Lady Moon Spirit? I can hear you, if not understand. And thank you, for hearing me. I will attempt to speak with you once more at the full moon." The noise at the edge of his hearing seemed to fade, leaving him alone in the silence of the glade once more. Breathing in and out deeply, regulating his breathing and emotions, he stood and looked up at the moon for a moment more, then headed back to the camp.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#384 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The night seemed to go peacefully enough. Certainly nothing bothered your llittle camp, though rarely eyes could be seen glowing with the light of the fire. Eventually night stole over you all, dreams then taking their place.
To Jia Lin, it was of a case long ago, your first you ever solved and the praise and admiration you earned for one so young.
To Zhuang, he was in a cave, that of Earth Rumble. Before you stands Toph, she is teaching you a new trick.
For Vaan, you are in the South Pole, it is your village. As you walk you see many familiar faces, though you hear no voices, only the rythmic crashing of waves. As you turn to the sound you see the Full Moon, from it Yue descends. "Find the children," there are no words but you hear it in your mind. Then a flash, image after image races before you. A giant city, Ba Sing Se; a Flying Bison; a sheltered cove with a boat moored; pillars of rock; an Earth Kingdom village, but Fire Nation designs; a temple, an Air Temple, hung under a cliff, badly damaged, a great valley full with mist; the entrance to a great wooden door, a great swirl of pipes on it, it is slightly open, before it stands a man, hair grey in a long pony tail, atop his head a pointed green hat with a golden spike, his robes of the same green. With a start you wake, sweat covering you. The moon now sailing gently away as dawn lingers but a few hours away.

EDIT: Each of you had seperate dreams, Yue's intervention for Vaan alone.
Last edited by Etherion Fenix on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#385 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan sat up, gasping as he instinctively reached for the birthmark on his currently-bare arm, then let his hand drop away as he realised that there was no sensation coming from it. He looked up into the sky, at the moon beginning to drop away and below the horizon. Was it a message? Or just a dream? No, he decided. It was too vivid, too real. Closing his eyes, he tried sorting through the images that had flashed through his dream. Some of them he could recognise, or at least understand what they were, if not where to find them. Others, he wasn't sure. Symbolic, perhaps?

Getting up and pulling a tunic over his head, he walked carefully towards an open space. Relaxing, he began going through the movements of waterbending. Push, and pull. Back, and forth. Absorb and redirect. Faint droplets of water glittered in the air around him, shifting from water to ice and back to water again as he worked through the forms. Dawn was coming, but until then, he would think on what he had seen.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#386 Post by Luna Guardian »

"I'm only going to show this once you rock head, so pay attention" Toph had said to him. The dream was a pleasant one as Zhuàng relived one of his most treasured memories. A sharp pain in the head woke him up in the middle of it though. Wide awake, the Earthbender looked around for the assailant and formed an earthen gauntlet over his right fist, ready to fight whoever threatened them. Seeing no one however, he looked around for what might've been the cause for the sudden pain, he saw a rock jutting out of the ground where his head had been. "When I'm out of opponents, I seem to be fighting myself" he chuckled to himself. With his sleeping so disturbed, he got up, laced his pants and crawled out into the night air.

Breathing the cool, fresh air deep and feeling the ground under his bare feet, Zhuàng felt calm and at ease. Dawn was still hours away, and as far as he knew the others were still sleeping. Needing something to pass the time, but not wanting to disturb his companions, he went to where the dragon moose huddled. "You two are sleeping soundly, eh?" he muttered and stroked the neck of one of the beasts.
Last edited by Luna Guardian on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#387 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin was curled up under a blanket, cat-like. Every so often she muttered something under her breath and gestured with her hands, keeping the temperature cozy and warm.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#388 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Neither creature seemed to give Zhuang much notice, huddled together. Before long the dawn came, the cry of animals waking stretching across the forest.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#389 Post by Luna Guardian »

Zhuàng jumped at the sound of the wildlife and looked around. He had dozed off, leaning against one of the dragon moose. Stretching and yawning mightily, he got up and looked around if the other two were already up.

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#390 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan slowed his practice, finally ending it with a steady exhale. He wasn't tired - rather, he felt exhilarated, cleansed. Spinning water from the moist air around him, he splashed his face once to help cool down slightly. Pulling his hair back, he tied it into its customary tail as he walked back over to the campsite, taking care to avoid the owl-pidgeon nest he had noticed the night before. Zhuang was awake already, but Jia still appeared to be sleeping.