quidamcorvus' Candle Tutorial

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

quidamcorvus' Candle Tutorial

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Found this on Warseer:
quidamcorvus wrote:In February, on my blog the DansE MacabrE, I published a tutorial in which I showed you how to make candles with a toothpick, copper wire and Wikol glue. The guide can be found HERE.

However, today I have for you another way to make candles.

The idea is not mine, some time ago I saw a short photo tutorial on the AlienLAB Creator, site, and while building the Grimnir Monument to Warheim FS I decided to try this way to make several candles of different sizes.

To make candles you will need multi-stranded electric wires, rather thin ones, and several thicknesses will add variety to the final effect.

Depending on your needs, cut the wires to the length you want, in my case it was about 10 mm.

Then strip the insulation from the wires approximately 1/3 of the length and twist the wires of the wire like a candle wick.

Now you have new candles or dynamite sticks.

If you need burned candles, use Wikol glue to make the flowing wax. Apply a wood glue with a thin pin or the tip of a paper clip to the candles and around the base, and after drying you will get the effect of solidified wax. Leave the candles to dry for several minutes.

And it's ready.

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: quidamcorvus' Candle Tutorial

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I love it. It's a brilliant way of making candles. It's fast, simple and effective. And I'm sure I've got some electric wires lying around. Which makes it easy to implement as well.

Thanks for sharing.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: quidamcorvus' Candle Tutorial

#3 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I should add things like this to my mordheim builds.