Last chance to buy

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Chracian

Last chance to buy

#1 Post by Chracian »

Load of high elf stuff on last chance to buy:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/se ... -114137241

Looks like Phoenix guard, Phoenix and shadow warriors are what's left for the new free cities book. No chariots of any kind, white lions, Dragon princes, dragons, swordmasters. Although the dark elf equivalents are staying.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
RE.Lee

Re: Last chance to buy

#2 Post by RE.Lee »

:cry:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Botjer

#3 Post by Botjer »

Yes this makes me extremely sad, had to buy 4 chariots even though i shouldnt buy any minis at the moment.

On the bright side, this means that the high elves Legends book will be out soon.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

All gone now. :( Would have liked to pick up some models I was still missing or wanted more off. O well. Ebay it is then. I might just see if I can drop in on a store sometime soon to see if they still have some lying around. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of these coming up on ebay for highly inflated prices in the near future...

Looks like GW is slowly getting rid of all legacy stuff. It's sad, though for me mainly because it will be harder to pick up some models. And I really don't like most of the new stuff they've released.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Botjer

#5 Post by Botjer »

Yeah the lack of the models is the sad part. But I have alot, and the chariots feel like the only thing i dont want to buy second hand.

I'm looking forward to legends, and i'll start playing that as soon as it is released.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

The old order changeth.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#7 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:The old order changeth.
But the Ebay will remain and allow us to thrive as never before!

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Botjer

#8 Post by Botjer »

Here in sweden we buy and sell via facebook, always alot cheaper than ebay.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#9 Post by Prince of Spires »

I never checked facebook to buy or sell anything. Not sure if it's popular in the Netherlands. We have "marktplaats.nl" here, which is similar to ebay (and actually owned by them...). Bu the second hand WH miniature market isn't very big here in the Netherlands. So if I want / need something I usually end up going to the UK ebay, which has a lot of everything. And they almost always ship to the Netherlands (either they list it that way or if you contact them they usually agree to do so).

Rod

Check out my plog

Botjer

#10 Post by Botjer »

Until brexit :P
Chracian

#11 Post by Chracian »

Botjer wrote:Until brexit :P
So all good for the next five years then #-o
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
RE.Lee

#12 Post by RE.Lee »

Oh, yeah, the facebook market is great. I use it exclusively for selling my old (hopelessly unpainted!) WFB stuff and buying MtG these days ;) So much cheaper!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#13 Post by Prince of Spires »

Chracian wrote:
Botjer wrote:Until brexit :P
So all good for the next five years then #-o
:lol:
Yeah, somehow Teresa May almost gave me the feeling that she made the process as chaotic as possible with the end goal of being able to cancel the whole thing...
RE.Lee wrote:Oh, yeah, the facebook market is great. I use it exclusively for selling my old (hopelessly unpainted!) WFB stuff and buying MtG these days ;) So much cheaper!
Sounds like I'll be checking it out (though I don't need all that much at the moment).

Rod

Check out my plog

draxynnic

#14 Post by draxynnic »

I picked up the ones I really wanted back when AoS was still new. Would have liked to get some more White Lions, but just wasn't going to be financially practical when the Last Chance was announced. Maybe I'll get some when a reprisal comes up.

An optimist might say they've been pulled so they can be replaced, but I am not that optimistic.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#15 Post by Prince of Spires »

draxynnic wrote:I picked up the ones I really wanted back when AoS was still new.
I definitely should have done that. Though I suppose that would have simply made my "to do" pile even bigger...
draxynnic wrote:An optimist might say they've been pulled so they can be replaced, but I am not that optimistic.
I think they're trying to break away from the old WH models as much as possible, also to get ahead of the competition (which currently is making models similar to the "old" WH models) by going in a very different direction model wise. But who knows. They may very well decide in a couple of years that nostalgia is still a think and that some players will pay good money for some limited edition runs of old models.

Rod

Check out my plog