Segway to Hell

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Joaco

Re: Segway to Hell

#151 Post by Joaco »

Im not a daemon expert, but depends in what you want I think.

If you are looking for going fast for the flanks and breaking some armoured infantry, fiends are really a good option I belive.

In the other hand, beasts of nurgle are really a wonderful choice, so if you dont want to take 2 units of them becouse of comp and kindness, drones are your choice. I think they kind of take the same role than them with some pros and cons.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#152 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks Joaco.

I think you're right and that Drones are the logical choice, there are a few issues though. The models are too big to look good next to my other stuff but I could probably convert some if necessary. The footprint is huge because as well as being on 50 x 75 bases, they are also Skirmishers. Free Reforms make them pretty maneouverable but they still take up space and not Marching means a slightly slower threat. I'm also not sure I want a third Nurgle unit. But they are one tough proposition.

Fiends are not as good in general but as mentioned, they synergise with the Lord. A unit of three are more of a threat on the flank than the Seekers. I could then upgrade the Lord to a fully kitted-out Keeper for example and possibly make the BSB a Wizard again, if I could find 15pts from somewhere. The three might still lack punch though, so I could just take four as a straight swap for the Seekers plus Hounds. I also like the models.

The first problem with all of this is that I'm essentially losing a unit, which is never nice. I am at the mercy of the dice for when this unit turns up though, which is bad. The second issue is that the Flesh Hounds, in and of themselves, bring some very useful tricks. 2+ Ward vs spells can be golden in some match-ups. There are some games where I'm just never going to get a unit into an enemy's backfield from the front. I'm starting to wonder though, whether I need to just bite the bullet and put a Monstrous unit in for my next tournament. If I don't like how it performed I can always drop it again and reinstate the Hounds and Seekers.
Joaco

#153 Post by Joaco »

Not enough time for testing? Try each option at least once, I know that trying in one battle wont say anything
about the unit perfomance and sinergy, but may help to see if you like the idea of that unit in your army.

As everything, each unit haves it pros and cons, you only need to know wich one adapts better to your
style and likes. You will find the answer :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#154 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks Joaco, I think I'm on to something!
SpellArcher wrote:Fiends are not as good in general but as mentioned, they synergise with the Lord. A unit of three are more of a threat on the flank than the Seekers. I could then upgrade the Lord to a fully kitted-out Keeper for example and possibly make the BSB a Wizard again, if I could find 15pts from somewhere.
Keeper of Secrets, Lvl4 Slaanesh, 75pts in Gifts
BSB, Lvl 1 Nurgle, Regen Locus, 50pt Gift
Herald, Slaanesh, ASF Locus, 25pt Gift
Herald, Lvl 2 Tzeentch

19 Plaguebearers, Champion, Musician
14 Daemonettes, Eternal Flame, Musician
10 Horrors, FC, Banner of Swiftness

4 Beasts of Nurgle
3 Fiends of Slaanesh
3 Flamers, Pyrocaster
5 Furies, Slaanesh

Skillcannon

So I get most of what I outlined in the above paragraph. But instead of 100pts in Gifts on the Keeper I have 75. This could either be a single Exalted, for raw power, or a Greater plus Lesser, for flexibility. Of course, I lose a unit. But this unit is only effective mid-game, everything in the new list works from turn one. The Fiends are stronger than the Seekers and can be regrown by the KoS. A Nurgle wizard offers killer combat buffs & another Channel. The extra points in gifts strengthen the Keeper. In short, more directly aggressive.

:)
Joaco wrote:Not enough time for testing? Try each option at least once, I know that trying in one battle wont say anything
about the unit perfomance and sinergy, but may help to see if you like the idea of that unit in your army.
I'm unlikely to be able to run this list before the tournament. But I have a good feeling about it!

Comments welcome...
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#155 Post by Prince of Spires »

In a one on one choice I would also go for the drones I think. But that's without taking the rest of the list into consideration. As a HE player I put a lot of value in unit synergies. And the fiend have a lot of that. I also suspect that the fiends will draw less comp attention then the drones might. And since you mainly play tournaments, that may also be something to consider. Even if both lists end up roughly on par strength wise, the fiends could come out on top simply based on comp.

I think the fiends will also fit your playstyle a bit better. Faster, more flexible and less 'in your face' then the drones. They're more a combined arms unit then the drones are. So, I can imagine they're a good choice for you in this list.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#156 Post by SpellArcher »

While there are other good things in the book, I feel the strength of Daemons lies in Monstrous Beasts, whether ridden or not. Clearly, you have to take 25% Core but after that it makes little sense not to load up on Beasts and Drones. Both are fairly swift and just so hard to kill. Compared to Flesh Hounds say, they can't be Stomped and can Stomp themselves, which is more important than it first appears. Fiends are just not as durable but their high Movement and Initiative render them playable.

Your Combined Arms point is a good one Rod. I'm finding that the Daemons of each god tend to work together as a team. So Plaguebearers/Beasts take the central grinding role, stiffened by the BSB. The Tzeentch units seem to work well on a refused flank with their ranged attacks. Slaanesh is fast attack but Seekers are a bit lightweight, hence my move to Fiends. Now both they and the Daemonettes can be regrown by the Keeper, as well as using his Ld 9.

If I have a concern, it's being character-heavy, as usual this means fewer models. But I've started the move to more Monstrous Beasts and if the trio of Fiends work I may add more, possibly cutting back on characters. For now I can only afford three, GW's prices are not cheap! There are limits to how adventurous you can get with unit selection, much of the Khorne stuff is just too dysfunctional. But Slaanesh brings enough to the table to enable an alternative to Beast/Drone spam that can still win games.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#157 Post by Prince of Spires »

Character wise, it depends a bit on personal preference. I personally prefer to stay around the 30% mark for characters (lord + heros combined) unless playing a monster list. But mid to late 8th edition had people (at least HE players) gravitating more and more towards character heavy lists. It's probably a meta thing, since characters shine in some and aren't very good in others. And it's also down to preferred playstyle probably.

Characters alow for serious force concentration and at the same time offer reliability. Both of those help in competitive settings. But, they also offer possibilities to someone playing the meta. Characters can only be in one spot. And while force concentration is nice it only goes so far. After all, for the 100 points you spend on a kitted out HE hero, you can also get 7 or so SM/WL, which offer you more wounds, more attacks and a rank.

As for the fiend models, are alternative manufacturers an option? The model needs to resemble the GW one a bit, but being chaos some weird variation is acceptable I think.

Regarding loading up on monstrous beasts, it's again personal preference. While the strength of the deamon book is the monstrous beasts (probably also because they offer great force concentration), that is not to say that the rest of the book is weak. Or that there are no other options. If you are dead set on winning tournaments and having the toughest list out there then you'll probably end up with the monstrous stuff. But if you also want to have a fun game and winning is secondary, then the other options are definitely viable I think.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#158 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Character wise, it depends a bit on personal preference. I personally prefer to stay around the 30% mark for characters (lord + heros combined) unless playing a monster list. But mid to late 8th edition had people (at least HE players) gravitating more and more towards character heavy lists. It's probably a meta thing, since characters shine in some and aren't very good in others. And it's also down to preferred playstyle probably.
Which had a lot to do with the move to 50% Lords and Heroes of course Rod. This impacted HE's especially because of unit synergies like Shield of Saphery and particularly, World Dragon. So it made sense to cram units enjoying these with characters. Plus of course the increased freedom for picks like the Star Dragon. Daemons were less effected because double Greater Daemon or Herald spam for example were generally held to be less scary. I did tend to see lists like this:

Kairos Fateweaver

Nurgle BSB
1 or 2 Nurgle Heralds

30+ Plaguebearer block
Maybe 10 Horrors

Double Skillcannon

Beasts to taste

But of course this fits under 25% Lords and Heroes too. Note the lack of redirectors which were valued less in the flyer-heavy meta of the time. There certainly are other interesting things to do with Heralds. Plaguebearers are traditionally (as in my list) a pure anvil. But the additional Nurgle Heralds in the above list are aggressive, so the defensive and offensive Loci, Gifts and Standards can be spread around. A 30+ unit can either go deep and win on static res plus offensive Gifts, or Horde, which might utilise an offensive Locus for example.

It doesn't stop there. I've seen lists with 3x6 Flamers and double Heralds of Tzeentch on Metal. Given the deficiencies of Flamers this is ambitious but Enchanted Blades helps. One of the Heralds will be a BSB with Banner of Eternal Flame. He can join a unit, to counter the issues from the Warpflame rule. Or the unit of six Fiends with accompanying Slaanesh Herald on Steed, to give them ASF. I will certainly give this more thought.
Prince of Spires wrote:As for the fiend models, are alternative manufacturers an option? The model needs to resemble the GW one a bit, but being chaos some weird variation is acceptable I think.
I actually have two of the old Slaanesh Lord on Daemonic Mount model, so could buy one and drop the riders to make a unit of 'Fiends'. But I am rather fond of the GW Fiend model.
Prince of Spires wrote:Regarding loading up on monstrous beasts, it's again personal preference. While the strength of the deamon book is the monstrous beasts (probably also because they offer great force concentration), that is not to say that the rest of the book is weak. Or that there are no other options. If you are dead set on winning tournaments and having the toughest list out there then you'll probably end up with the monstrous stuff. But if you also want to have a fun game and winning is secondary, then the other options are definitely viable I think.
We come back to the balance between winning, aesthetics, individuality and friendliness. I'm a firm believer that a competitive list of whatever army needs at least some of the acknowledged power picks. So I have a unit of four Beasts for example. But I don't add a second such unit. Why not? Firstly because my list then starts to be perceived as unfriendly and a bit of a crutch. Secondly because I dislike duplicating units for stylistic reasons. This is also why I have a single Skillcannon.

Monstrous Beasts are inherantly promising. They tend to be at least M6/Swiftstride, a clear advantage over Monstrous Infantry for example and like MI, they can put out the impressive 3 Supporting Attacks per model from the second rank. Add a rider and they lose this but gain extra attacks and armour save, not to mention command and Magic Standard options. Adding Fiends to my Beasts makes sense because the speed and Slaanesh synergies add a fresh angle to the list without handicapping it appreciably.
Seredain wrote:I don't play my list because it's soft and fun. I play it because it's hard and fun!
This is the aim.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#159 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:
Seredain wrote:I don't play my list because it's soft and fun. I play it because it's hard and fun!
This is the aim.
Agreed. I like that quote (the man has a gift for words...). Strength of the list is definitely one of the reasons to pick something. After all, it's why we have these endless discussions about army lists. But besides tough a list should also be fun to play with and against and hopefully look good in the process. Though that last item is really a matter of personal preference. I try to make my own army look good accept that some people don't have time to do so or care much about it.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#160 Post by SpellArcher »

I've seen really good players such as Lord Anathir, never optimise because of a driving need for their army to be aesthetically pleasing. I also have this need, to the extent that I've never fielded a truly competitive list in my life Rod. But one reason I chose Daemons was that they are a top-tier book. So I can take my usual liberties with unit selection and still keep a reasonable power level, more fun to my mind than taking a weak book and spamming it's best options.

The Plaguebearers are a good example. In general, making Infantry blocks work in Warhammer is a challenge because there are many good counters to them (templates, Thunderstomps, #6 spells etc.). But the PB's have so many plusses (Ward and Regen, -1 to be hit, T4, Poison, Daemonic Instability) that they are nonethless competitive. Most players think "great, I'll bump them up to 30 and they'll be pretty much unkillable". But this usually results in the unit getting redirected while the enemy tries to pick points off elsewhere. By stopping at 20 (with BSB), I actually encourage the enemy to engage in the hope of killing them, so bringing their durability into play. It makes for a different, I believe more interesting, kind of game.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#161 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:The Plaguebearers are a good example. In general, making Infantry blocks work in Warhammer is a challenge because there are many good counters to them (templates, Thunderstomps, #6 spells etc.). But the PB's have so many plusses (Ward and Regen, -1 to be hit, T4, Poison, Daemonic Instability) that they are nonethless competitive. Most players think "great, I'll bump them up to 30 and they'll be pretty much unkillable". But this usually results in the unit getting redirected while the enemy tries to pick points off elsewhere. By stopping at 20 (with BSB), I actually encourage the enemy to engage in the hope of killing them, so bringing their durability into play. It makes for a different, I believe more interesting, kind of game.
It reminds me a bit of the discussions we've had about the optimal number for phoenix guard. A lot of advantages over other infantry choices, a unit of 25+ is hard to get rid of. So many people don't go below that number. But it immediately makes the list revolve around that unit and gives games where either people keep the unit busy all game or they have some way of dealing with it.

In my mind, 15 is a very efficient number for them. They still have all the benefits of the larger unit. But you have enough points left over to take other stuff. It's a minimal viable unit size approach.

So, I would stick with the 20 plaguebearers as well. They're still hard enough to get rid of. But it gives a very different dynamic to taking a larger unit.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#162 Post by SpellArcher »

Anvil of Doom

The first thing about Daemon Core is that Bloodletters aren't very good. Daemonettes are playable but not optimal. So it usually boils down to Plaguebearers and/or Horrors. You sometimes see a Horde of PB's while 4x10 Horrors is quite popular. Or you can have a unit of each. But 2x10 Horrors plus 23-25 PB's is perhaps the most usual. My army inherited Daemonettes from my Cult of Slaanesh, so I was originally going to go with 25 PB's, 10 Daemonettes, 10 Horrors. But the 10 Daemonettes weren't very effective and 20 PB's seemed more suited to my MMUish list.

Of course, sticking with 20 Plaguebearers makes me more inclined to take the Regen Locus because it's a pure tarpit. A unit of 30 might go 10-wide and take an aggressive Locus. I've actually seen 15's in the MSU armies of very strong players. As with your 15 PG Rod it probably comes down to their role in the army and what other units you have. Another interesting point is my lack of Banner of Swiftness. I'm starting to think this might actually be OK because while I need them to engage, their moderate size means it might actually pay for them to engage a turn later than a unit of 30 for example. I tend to lead with the Beasts anyway.

In other news, I ordered my three Fiends yesterday, bless their little claws!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#163 Post by SpellArcher »

Gifts from the Gods

Daemon magic items are of course not simply bought as normal. Instead, they work more like spell selection in that the character buys rolls (resolved at spell generation) on one or more of the three tables available. No character can buy more than two rolls on the same table and duplicates are re-rolled, you can't pick as with spells. You can though default to set picks, as with signature spells. Lesser Gifts tend to be combat enhancements, such as Multiple Wounds (2), though there are oddments like a Breath Weapon for example. Defaults are magic weapons up to 25 pts. Greater Gifts have more defensive possibilities, like a 2+ Armour Save. Defaults are magic weapons up to 50pts. Exalted Gifts are a real mix, particularly juicy being a bonus Dispel Die per attempt. Their defaults are powerful one-offs.

I like a single Lesser on my Slaanesh Herald. Usually I default to Sword of Might to take her to S5 AP. Of course Ogre Blade would be better but Sword of Might makes her better vs almost anything, while OB could be overkill vs T3. Even with Sword of Might and ASF Locus, she is still 165pts, a lot for a fragile Hero. It can be worth taking what she rolls sometimes, as Sword of Might stops her benefitting from the Daemonettes' Flaming banner.

The BSB takes a Greater. The key here is being able to default to Fencers Blades. At WS 10 and with the Nurgle -1 to be hit, a lot of foes needs 6's. Balesword is a vicious aggressive option but the BSB's job is to stay alive. Against elves I choose the ASF sword because the re-rolls otherwise counter the Nurgle -1 very effectively. +1 wound is worth a look if I roll it.

I took the Chromatic Tome on a Daemon Prince at Reading and it worked well to make the magic phase more reliable. But that was alongside a second, more aggressively kitted, DP. Eternal Blade is the second default of interest. This makes a Greater Daemon almost untouchable in combat. The question is, is it worth going for the other tables hoping for 2+ armour vs elves say, or especially a one-shot 2+ Ward vs cannon. The Keeper of Secrets is already a powerful fighter. But against the very strongest stuff out there, the EB's obliteration of armour and almost guaranteed 2+ to wound might be necessary. If the KoS can't get the job done, who can?

Thoughts on this last dilemma especially welcome.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#164 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:I took the Chromatic Tome on a Daemon Prince at Reading and it worked well to make the magic phase more reliable. But that was alongside a second, more aggressively kitted, DP. Eternal Blade is the second default of interest. This makes a Greater Daemon almost untouchable in combat. The question is, is it worth going for the other tables hoping for 2+ armour vs elves say, or especially a one-shot 2+ Ward vs cannon. The Keeper of Secrets is already a powerful fighter. But against the very strongest stuff out there, the EB's obliteration of armour and almost guaranteed 2+ to wound might be necessary. If the KoS can't get the job done, who can?

Thoughts on this last dilemma especially welcome.
Two thoughts.
1. Go big or go home
2. Reliability is key

1. Your keeper is in the list to take out the biggest combat threats in your opponents list. It's there to fight and as such it fills a unique role in your army. So, I would go for the item (or rather chance of an item) that helps the most when fighting in combat.

2. Having a chance of a great item is nice and all, but if it's only a 1-in-2 chance of getting something useful then that means you will end up sub-optimal in half your games. In a similar way, it's nice to get a good item vs elves. But there are a lot of other armies out there. And if the item is not also useful against them then it's perhaps not the best choice. Or if it's not guaranteed you get that item then it's a gamble about whether you actually get it when playing elves.

So: I would go for combat strength, keeping in mind that the default always needs to be useful and that if you hope to get something more then gambling on a 1-6 chance of getting it isn't really something to build a list on.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#165 Post by SpellArcher »

Yeah, I think you're probably right Rod. I do not want to be spending north of 500pts on a model and then thinking there are enemy characters he doesn't want to fight. In general I think I want at least +1 Strength and +1 Attack on the Keeper and Eternal Blade is the only way to ensure this. I also have a lack of attacks above Strength 4, so he is important to kill things like Monstrous Cavalry, rather than simply tarpitting them as the Nurgle units do.

The strength of elves in mid-late 8th edition and their popularity does encourage use of the Greater and Lesser tables instead. Wood Elves for example, rarely bring the combat characters the Keeper is there to counter. But the Exalted table also has the Chromatic Tome as a default option, which makes my magic phase more reliable. It could well pay for example, to ensure I have the power dice to spam Magic Missiles, a strong play vs woodies.

Annoyingly, GW have just informed me they are out of Fiends!

[-X
RE.Lee

#166 Post by RE.Lee »

Quite some development since I last checked in! Good to see the forces of evil still going strong here :twisted:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#167 Post by SpellArcher »

You know it dude.

8)

Fiends!

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#168 Post by Prince of Spires »

Burn 'em. Burn 'em. They're evil!

Either that, or get assembling/painting...

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#169 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Burn 'em. Burn 'em
Oh Rod, how could you...

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#170 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:Burn 'em. Burn 'em
Oh Rod, how could you...
He does look cuddly and cute. Like a friendly pet you keep around to eat unwanted house guests...

No. Wait, wait. That's where the chaos corruption starts.

Burn 'em...

;)

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#171 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Burn 'em...
At the prices GW charge?

You must be joking Rod!

RE.Lee

#172 Post by RE.Lee »

Nice, time for some paint now! :D
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#173 Post by Prince of Spires »

Indeed, time for paint. It probably doesn't fit your army well, but they look like they could work with a bright paintjob quite well. I'd personally go for a purple direction with them I think. What's your plan with them?

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#174 Post by SpellArcher »

Well guys, I've made a start but not enough to photograph, yet.

Rod, the scheme will be monochrome, as with all my Slaanesh Daemons. One of the main issues with schemes for the army has been making these gel. I feel sticking to limited palettes for each of the gods helps this. I did though, once see a unit of 'Fiends' composed of original Vermin Lord models painted purple!

:mrgreen:
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#175 Post by Prince of Spires »

And you're making comments about GW prices? That unit must have cost a fortune... (relatively speaking). It must have been a sight though. :)

Check out my plog

Kispal

#176 Post by Kispal »

Don't want to hijack this thread, but seeing Philip's new Fiends here put me in mind of my own (Philip introduced me to GW and WH / 40K in the '80s, and he'll remember these well). Sometimes I think I'll strip all the stuff I did in the '80s and early '90s and redo them, but then I realise that the lead-pile's unclimbable as it is...

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#177 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:And you're making comments about GW prices? That unit must have cost a fortune... (relatively speaking). It must have been a sight though.
Let's face it Rod. If a P&M project's worth doing, it's worth overspending wildly on!

Kispal wrote:Don't want to hijack this thread
Welcome Paul! Think of it as a suitably anarchic intervention.

Those guys are of course from when Chaos was real Chaos. When Men were Men and Fiends were feckin' bizarre! First generation in other words, Realm of Chaos time. GW re-did them during 4th edition I think, more chunky and less svelte. There were no more until this dude in 7th edition:

Paul, unlike me, is a real Daemon player. Such a hobby hero in fact that he hasn't played a game with the army since it became incredibly bent with the 7th edition army book! Paul, please, please post some more pictures of your fantastic collection which was perhaps the primary inspiration for my own.
Kispal wrote:Sometimes I think I'll strip all the stuff I did in the '80s and early '90s
Do this and I will disown you!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#178 Post by Prince of Spires »

Indeed, welcome Paul/Kispal. Don't worry about hijacking this thread. SpellArcher can take it ;) And those old fiends look great. They're well worth sharing. :)

I like the monochrome fiend SA. I think a unit of them will look impressive. Though he is less cuddly then some color could have made him ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Kispal

#179 Post by Kispal »

Thanks, chaps. It's tempting to start a small thread for the old daemons. I'll give it a think.

Love the white/grey scheme, Pip! There's no way I'd be disciplined enough to try it though. Mind you, if I ever found the right model to try it on... I've still got an unbuilt Greater Daemon of Slaanesh that it would suit (the gen after yours, Pip; what release are they up to now? Perhaps mine's the 2nd - metal).

Is that a metallic on the chitin areas or just the way the light's bouncing?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#180 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:I like the monochrome fiend SA. I think a unit of them will look impressive. Though he is less cuddly then some color could have made him
Thanks Rod. The 'colour' scheme is a bit stark. I'm keen to paint some more red Khorne stuff but that will have to wait.
Kispal wrote:It's tempting to start a small thread for the old daemons.
Paul, it would be all kinds of awesome.
Kispal wrote:Love the white/grey scheme, Pip!
Thank you!
Kispal wrote:I've still got an unbuilt Greater Daemon of Slaanesh that it would suit (the gen after yours, Pip; what release are they up to now? Perhaps mine's the 2nd - metal).
Yes, 2nd I think. Trish Morrison, 4th or 5th edition? AFAIK there was no End Times Keeper (praise be). Though there is a ForgeWorld one I didn't go much on.
Kispal wrote:Is that a metallic on the chitin areas or just the way the light's bouncing?
Yes, Miniature Paints chainmail. It gives a little variation and I've used some on my Nurgle guys for some cross-god link up.