Statistics

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Re: Statistics

#31 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

@SA

I perfectly understand that and it is obvious that people would take care of their families and any real life issues they have first if not only.

@ Ferny

That is very noble of you to think like that but you are not paying the upkeep and are not a decision maker either :)

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#32 Post by Ferny »

I don't think it's noble - I genuinely think this forum is mine and ours.

I've been involved in grass-roots campaigning. Some of the best and my favourite groups are based around the concept of consensus decision making and take the process and the practice of no leaders very seriously. This is important to empower everyone to take part at the level they feel comfortable with and to have a truly democratic governance.

I've also been involved on committees (and dodged the bullet on others) where what the group needs is administration. Where I've tried to engage the membership in decision making, provided options etc, and am greeted with apathy. Because it's not their priority, because they're not too interested, because so long as a decision gets made any option is decent enough for them. Because it's more effort to engage and argue it out than the reward they'd get for 'winning'.

The way I see it, and bear in mind I don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes here, I reckon the site owner, admins and mods are stuck with having to mod the site, pay for the site and occasionally administer projects (like SS). The tech support guy(s) are stuck maintaining the site. And where decisions have to be made about banning users or structuring the forum or whatever, sure, they have the power to do it, but they've got to put in the hours to make it happen.

Whereas by contrast, I, the user, can just do what I like on the forum. I own the forum. If I wanna post a blog I can. If I wanna comment on anything I can. If I wanna start topics I can. I am a decision maker - I decide all the ways I want to interact with the forum, and so long as I avoid getting up anyone's nose too much I won't be censured for it (and to date I haven't been censured). It is my forum. Not just mine, everyone who visits, reads and posts. It's our forum. The admin team are just stuck administering it, and I'm glad that for all the benefits I get from it I don't have to bother with that :).
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#33 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

8) :D

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#34 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I have to admit that my reading/posting has dropped off a ton. With less to see there is less reason to read, and less reason to reply- which then results in less to read again. What I honestly don't understand is why I've quit posting even my painting and terrain work. I'm still just as involved in the hobby as ever, and it wasn't usually warhammer even a couple years ago. But for some reason I don't talk about it anymore.
RE.Lee

#35 Post by RE.Lee »

I had the same thing - when AoS was released and the traffic dropped I just figured people wouldn't be reading what I post. But I guess we have to rebuild ;)
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Aicanor
Rainbows

#36 Post by Aicanor »

@ Ferny, that was nicely put. :lol:
Ferny wrote:he forum, and so long as I avoid getting up anyone's nose too much I won't be censured for it
I actually hate censuring posts. I hate reading replies to deleted posts. I prefer pointing out problems. Fortunately, "elves" seem to be mostly civilized e-nation.

As for AoS, it definitely had more effect than its weight. I certainly hope it will wear off.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#37 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:I had the same thing - when AoS was released and the traffic dropped I just figured people wouldn't be reading what I post.
But people do, we're really grateful for what you post RE. I have 1300+ views on my Daemon thread. Every member who contributes builds momentum. I'm sure P&M would benefit from your work Shannar. We had a lot of 9th Age discussion first half of the week for example and this needs to continue.
RE.Lee

#38 Post by RE.Lee »

Good to hear, thats why I started posting again. ;) My hobby has been as active as ever - hopefully Shannar will be back with a bang as well!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#39 Post by Ferny »

Yeah, the 9th age discussion was really good, felt like old times. I think i might cross post some of the more interesting stuff from their forum here.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#40 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote: My hobby has been as active as ever
This is it, some members have sadly lost the opportunity to play but a lot of us haven't. Why not post about it? Plus P&M is everpresent.
Ferny wrote: I think i might cross post some of the more interesting stuff from their forum here.
That would be excellent.