Is there a thread with official colors/heraldry?

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Scalenex

Is there a thread with official colors/heraldry?

#1 Post by Scalenex »

What colors are officially used in Saphery, Lothern, etc?

On a related question. Would a Sword Master that spends most of his time serving in an army outside of Saphery wear Saphery's colors or the army they are serving? What if, such as for a Sword Master or Pheonix Guard, their home province, the province they trained in, and the province they now serve are all different?
John Rainbow

Re: Is there a thread with official colors/heraldry?

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Sounds like a question to be answered by someone with the Uniforms and Heraldry book...
Scalenex

#3 Post by Scalenex »

John Rainbow wrote:Sounds like a question to be answered by someone with the Uniforms and Heraldry book...
I seem to remember finding a thread on this topic a year ago, but I can't find it again.
John Rainbow

#4 Post by John Rainbow »

I found this via google and it seems to be roughly accurate:
I will add that most HEs feature a lot of white as its the colour HE link to purity and death

Calador - (Dragons) Colour is linked to the skin hue of the lords Dragon - see lots of Blues Greens and Reds

Chrace (White lions) - Reds rather than the tradition blue but otherwise very similar

Eataine (Phoenixes) - Reds and Yellows

Hoeth (wizards) - Cream/ very pale yellow and dark blue

Avelorn (Maiden Guard) Greens and natural shades

Nagaryth (Shadow warriors) Dark blues, Greys and Reds

Ellyrion (Reaver Knights) Dark blues and pink details

Lothern (Seaguard Bolt throwers) is the tradition HE scheme of Blue and White

None of the other provinces have specific colour schemes in the AB
Scalenex

#5 Post by Scalenex »

Thanks John, for my fluff character who is a Sword Master of Hoeth, I'm going to give him the main colors of Hoeth with tiny accents from his home province, which isn't on the list...but I'm going to assume Cothique uses blue because they are seafarers.
Giladis
The Merlord

#6 Post by Giladis »

Based on the book Cothique is white+varying shades of teal accentuated with either soft yellow or red.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The Heraldry book is worth buying, it has some cool stuff in it.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Makiwara
Chronicler

#8 Post by Makiwara »

The rather large rune section in the beginning of it alone is almost worth it.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#9 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The mandala, I'd pay just for that~
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Makiwara
Chronicler

#10 Post by Makiwara »

Yeah, the pantheonic mandala is boss.

Want to get the one in the Asrai book blown up for my study.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#11 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:The Heraldry book is worth buying, it has some cool stuff in it.
I agree. Though maybe not? It depends on what we see in 9th. I don't have much interest in the colours of Saphery if the next game has no Saphery in it.

The mandela is nice. DE and WE got theirs in the army book...
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#12 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HE had enough that the book was needed, druchi, and Asrai don't. Hah, and Asrai uniforms book would be three pages, one brown, one green, one brown and green, same with DE, just swap the colours to black and violet =P
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#13 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Fair. But why not put the mandela in the army book?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#14 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

To force us to buy the heraldry book, clearly. GW is about making models, not friends ^_^
Makiwara
Chronicler

#15 Post by Makiwara »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:Fair. But why not put the mandela in the army book?
Didn't the high elf book come first out of the three books? They probably intended to do a heraldry book for the DE's and WE's then decided it wasn't worth the outlay, so they put ours in the army book. That'd be my bet.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#16 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:To force us to buy the heraldry book, clearly. GW is about making models, not friends ^_^
Haha, you are 100% correct of course.
Didn't the high elf book come first out of the three books? They probably intended to do a heraldry book for the DE's and WE's then decided it wasn't worth the outlay, so they put ours in the army book. That'd be my bet.
I actually very much doubt that to be honest. Very few armies have gotten heraldry book, and when they have there have been clear distincitions within that army. Empire (all the Provinces) Skaven (Clans) and High Elves (the kingdoms). While the DE and WE do have separate kindred/cites they've never been emphasized to the degree that those 3 have. Nor have the colours really been stressed as different except with a simple fall/winter/summer. I was very much hoping the Brets might get one with their book, but we know how that turned out :cry:
Makiwara
Chronicler

#17 Post by Makiwara »

Yeah, kind of hard to write a heraldry book for a place that's gone unfortunately, though it would have been a dandy.

Good point about the DE and WE heraldry not being as emphasized, though it would have been very interesting to see what they could have come up with.

A shame on lots of fronts really, but you've got to be happy with an exploding world and those great looking Khorne models right! They really hit the spot.

:lol:
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Tiranoci_Colonist

#18 Post by Tiranoci_Colonist »

Scalenex wrote:What colors are officially used in Saphery, Lothern, etc?

On a related question. Would a Sword Master that spends most of his time serving in an army outside of Saphery wear Saphery's colors or the army they are serving? What if, such as for a Sword Master or Pheonix Guard, their home province, the province they trained in, and the province they now serve are all different?
I took pictures of my uniforms of heraldry book that I got the same day. You are very welcome.
https://imgur.com/a/oX4eJ
"With the thunder of hooves and the turning of our steel-shod wheels. We are death upon the wind. Bow in hand, ours is a vengeance rained down from afar; with tall spears held out to our foe's throat, cold fury guiding our aim, we are death upon the wind."
- The Battle Hymn of Tiranoc