ESC Sequel: The Last Gift of Spite.

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Makiwara
Chronicler

ESC Sequel: The Last Gift of Spite.

#1 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

Re: ESC Sequel: The Last Gift of Spite.

#2 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#3 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#4 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#5 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Larose
Chronicler

#6 Post by Larose »

Hmm it seems vali has run into a few unforseen issues and may have a few more problems trying to reunite them stubborn colonists when he gets back.... hahah ;) good read so far!
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#7 Post by Aicanor »

There is definitely such thing as too much loyalty. Took me a while to read the story to this point, but I am finally up to date (till next part is finished). :D
Davariel
Chronicler

#8 Post by Davariel »

This is becoming ominous indeed! It's nice to see that even though the elves are officially united, there's still massive amounts of distrust between them all. Comforting, in a way... :D

Looking forward to reading what happens next.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#9 Post by Makiwara »

Yes everything seems to be building to a head doesn't it? And now that my Internet problems have been sorted, apparently Australia is the Moldova of the Internet service world, I can get back to putting pen to paper on the next part of this.

@Larose, if only it was just the colonist's who were stubborn; these are elves we're talking about, if the thought that they were wrong crossed thier minds they might well die of shock! :lol: That's why it's the servants of the Laughing God that have to do these tasks, no one else has the proper humour you see...

@Aicanor, yes there must be a balance point to loyalty or it certainly becomes destructive. Yeasyll is going to have to find where her's is to protect her... future. We will no doubt see that soon enough. Interesting to see that we can have sympathy for even a druchii given the right circumstances.

@Davariel, don't worry, there's plenty of conflict and distrust to come. Loec's all about saving the elves, not turning them into pointy eared hippie communists.

Expect a new chapter before week's end. As an aside, anyone who would like to have their characters attend the Dance of Rebirth let me know, I'm more than happy to hand out the invitations. :D
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#10 Post by Aicanor »

Makiwara wrote:@Aicanor, yes there must be a balance point to loyalty or it certainly becomes destructive. Yeasyll is going to have to find where her's is to protect her... future. We will no doubt see that soon enough. Interesting to see that we can have sympathy for even a druchii given the right circumstances.
I always believed the main issue in this case were the Druchii and their ways of feeling sympathy. :wink:
Makiwara wrote:Expect a new chapter before week's end. As an aside, anyone who would like to have their characters attend the Dance of Rebirth let me know, I'm more than happy to hand out the invitations. :D
Well, not a bad place to let those in Athel Loren know what happened with the Tower. But as we seem to just reinvent Black Library #-o ... we stay neutral. No bowing to Malekith.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#11 Post by Makiwara »

Don't worry my dear Loremisstress, loyalty comes in many forms, not just to a King, but to a People as well. Trust in Loec, the Tower will be the better for my presence I promise. :lol:

Not all is as it seems. There are many pieces on the board and many players yet moving them in the shadows.

:wink:
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#12 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Larose
Chronicler

#13 Post by Larose »

Ah yes the humour.. good point lol and the plot thickens! I do enjoy games in the shadows! Continue.. haha as for characters, well I'm sure you are well aware that I have too many. So if one fits your needs feel free. 8) they are officially retired until I'm done my course in September.... at the very least lol

Makiwara
Chronicler

#14 Post by Makiwara »

I'll take you up on that offer Larose... they might miss the Dance, but the Royal Company may make another mark on the End Times yet. :wink:
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#15 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Larose
Chronicler

#16 Post by Larose »

oho, well I will look forward to it then! I give you free reign, especially if its a game in the shadows... nothing they aren't familiar with :lol:

And nice turn of events at the end of the dance there!

Makiwara
Chronicler

#17 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#18 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#19 Post by Aicanor »

Now, these last parts were almost overwhelming. Wonder what next chapter will bring. :wink:
Makiwara
Chronicler

#20 Post by Makiwara »

Yeah things are getting rather dark and grim and worrying... I'm just sitting down to write the next chapter and I'm worried things will continue in this vein.

But this is Loec's work after all and he refuses to let me rest until things are put right...
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#21 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Larose
Chronicler

#22 Post by Larose »

A toast Indeed! Nothing like a good ambush! =D> Well done, I enjoyed the concert of characters coming together ... Loec so tricky

Makiwara
Chronicler

#23 Post by Makiwara »

Last edited by Makiwara on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Makiwara
Chronicler

#24 Post by Makiwara »

So, this story started out as a small one shot piece in my head, similar to the Birth of Chaos piece I wrote. I wanted to touch back on the Solitaire Iolair Mirrormantle and track his progress through the End Times to deliver the Tear of Orion to the leader that could unite the Nagarathi against Chaos. I thought it'd be a one and done type deal, a day or two of writing and I'd be on my merry way.

:lol:

I blame Headshot for all of this.

Any one who frequents the story telling forum knows there is only one true leader of Nagarythe and it ain't Alith Anar, much as I do like that character. No, it's Narrin'Tim, the black cloaked rascal whose crossed swords and wooed elven lasses from Brettonia to Naggaroth in the tales of Headshot for years now; he had to have the arrow, it was a perfect weapon to give the Nagarathi a fighting chance in these bizarre End Times. So I PM'd Headshot and asked what he thought of the idea and went straight down the rabbit hole Alice in Wonderland style.

Somewhere along the line the plot changed, the arrow took a backseat, and I realised that this was all about something more than just one fictional guy and one fictional group. This was about all of you; the writing on this forum has genuinely entertained and excited me for years, even before I got back into the hobby and I came to understand that I wanted to pay homage to that. I also realised that I was scared about the rumours we've all been hearing; the squating and the bubblehammer, all of that. My memories of high school are essentially all elves and karate and suddenly more and more voices were saying the elves were going away.

Well, I'm a counter fighter by nature so I figured I'd do something about it right? Not complain or quit, just get working on that exit strategy, get my guys out of this mess they didn't start and hopefully provide an open door for others.

I'm quietly certain that this whole plot came straight out of Headshot's machiavellian mind; that somewhere along the way I stumbled on some end game he had in his back pocket for something like this. I can picture him with a pipe and a smoking jacket like some bond villain right now, muttering 'good, good', but I'm silly like that.

Then the Laughing God took over and I've been racing the release of Archaon to get this thing done like a late night maniac; all caffeine and eerie laughs.

But here it is; hopefully people like it but we've got an out now, all we need is a group of people and a good amateur cartographer and there's a new Ulthuan for all those elves I've come to admire to inhabit. New world, new stories, same family; a continuance in the face of GW trying to smoosh everything for all you guys and girls.

So now hopefully I can take a break and Loec will leave my brain to take care of this new fledgling realm. I suppose we'll see in the future.

Take care, for the love of all that's awesome keep writing and much love.

Makiwara.
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Larose
Chronicler

#25 Post by Larose »

Apparently there is a line in blaming headshot for being consumed by our own stories, spires is experiencing it as we speak lol great story nonetheless . You did a remarkable job bringing all the characters together . First time mine have appeared in someone else's story, pretty cool. 8)

Makiwara
Chronicler

#26 Post by Makiwara »

Yeah, by the time I got round to it there were so many characters there was almost to little time to tell deep stories for each of them. I didn't want to really get into the heads of anyone's characters because I felt it wasn't really my place to do it, so I left it as my character's point of view seeing your characters and headshot's, Spire's, Aicanor's, so on.

The important thing for me was that as many people as possible were able to be saved from the whole explosion of the world thing and that there was some kind of ability to create a 'bubble' for want of another word of these awesome characters to make a new Ulthuan out of.

Now someone can create a thread about which parts of this new realm everyone's going to be building! :wink:
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!