Hello

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Rainor

Hello

#1 Post by Rainor »

Hello there guys and gals. As you can tell I'm new to the forum and well fantasy in general. I've played 40k for about a year now and since my 2 40k armies are where I want them I had to find a new fix for my model building addiction lol so I'm oozing a little into Fantasy. I've always loved the High Elves. They have a few things in common with my Grey Knights (my first army). Small Elite Force. Rather versatile lists. Powerful Mages. And just plain cool models.

A bit about me: I love music, art, fantasy, sci fi, anime, comics, books, role playing games, sword play, and model making. I'm something of an amateur writer but I got nothing finished so I haven't moved into being a professional novelists yet.

So anyway I've got an army list I could use some help with so if ya want, please check it out and leave your thoughts:
"Send these foul beasts into the abyss." Archmage of Saphery Rainor barking orders to a company of Lothern Sea Guard.
Crew of the Errant Wind
EricJ

Re: Hello

#2 Post by EricJ »

Welcome, newbie. Enjoy your stay.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

Welcome to the site! Glad to have another join the throng.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#4 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Welcome to the server!

I'm Ruerl, one of the former members of the staff here (and a dark elf player), and its always good to meet new players who share in out little hobby.

Since you asked for army list help I would suggest that you go to our army list section. For general discussion about warhammer fantasy, you can offcourse go to that forum too. Now, several of us love the fluff quite a bit deal, the debates on it can be heated at times, but we also relax on occasion in the roleplaying forum where we enact out silly little hobby, offcourse there is also the story forum which has quite a few, very well written, stories there.

Should you need anything, feel free to drop a PM or leave a question in this thread, generally speaking the community is welcoming, even if it can be passionate at times and as such drop a heated remark. Thankfully the majority of players here also know how to apologize and accept a mistake when they make one. And we all do.

I hope you'll fit right in.

Regards
Ruerl.

p.s.
Burn Ulthuan.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Rainor

#5 Post by Rainor »

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check out the whole forum and see what I'm in for. Looking like a great place. I'll defiantly be spending time in the story, RP, and Army list section.
Ruerl Khan wrote: p.s.
Burn Ulthuan.
Ulthuan can burn over my Archmage's decaying, mutilated, burnt corpse lol. Although I don't know of to many Dark Elf players in my area. The armies I'm expecting to see most of the time are Lizardmen, Orks, Skaven, and Vampire Counts.
"Send these foul beasts into the abyss." Archmage of Saphery Rainor barking orders to a company of Lothern Sea Guard.
Crew of the Errant Wind
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#6 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Rainor wrote:Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check out the whole forum and see what I'm in for. Looking like a great place. I'll defiantly be spending time in the story, RP, and Army list section.
Ruerl Khan wrote: p.s.
Burn Ulthuan.
Ulthuan can burn over my Archmage's decaying, mutilated, burnt corpse lol. Although I don't know of to many Dark Elf players in my area. The armies I'm expecting to see most of the time are Lizardmen, Orks, Skaven, and Vampire Counts.
Your terms are acceptable.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Rainor

#7 Post by Rainor »

Ruerl Khan wrote: Your terms are acceptable.
And who says the Dark Elves and High Elves can't agree on anything?
Crew of the Errant Wind