just for fun

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

Re: just for fun

#31 Post by Domine Nox »

yeasir wrote:Rastilin is pretty bad@%@ so is Dalamar for that matter. I can't remember did Fist have anything to do with Rasilins training or no? Its been along time since I read any of them books . I remember Dal was Rasts student.
Fistandantalus was not Raistlin's teacher, but Raistlin stole most of Fistandantalus' stuff (since he was dead), and Fistandantalus tried to reincarnate through Raistlin, but that didn't end up panning out.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Dalamar

#32 Post by Dalamar »

Raistlin was Fistandantilus' apprentice for a while before tricking and killing him.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#33 Post by Domine Nox »

When he went back in time, but at that point he was already a powerful wizard who had almost all of Fistandantalus' stuff. So it was more a ruse to see if he missed anything or could learn more tricks rather than a legitimate apprenticeship.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#34 Post by Prince of Spires »

Moved to off topic. Not that I don't like the topic, but it doesn't have much to do with Warhammer...
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Paraicj

#35 Post by Paraicj »

There are too many options really...even without going into them holding magic items like the Choedan Kal.

Warriors: So Lan Mandragoran is probably my favourite, and is rightly a bad-ass. But as a frontline warrior he has only his immense skills. Logen "The Bloody Nine" is similar, but with the added ability to tear people into pieces in a berzerker rage. Both of them also spend a lot of time with swords that can't break, which is handy. Tomas from the riftwar saga fits in too. Goden sword that can't be broken, spirit of an ancient super-human Ashen-Shugar, and a dragon. Useful. Belgarion from the Belagariad/Malloreon is essentially an avatar of a god, with additional 6ft burning sword and the most powerful magician around. Oh and he killed an actual god, in case people think that's a default win. Aragorn is classicly brilliant.

Archers: A little less competition here, most archers are just that, amazing archers. Legolas is the archetype, never misses, downs a Nazghul's beast in the dark, one-on-ones an oliphaunt in the film. The likes of Martin from the Riftwar, any of the two rivers bowmen from WoT (Tam maybe? He's cool) or Birgitte with her silver bow, or Robin Hood himself, could all do an excellent job.

Magicians: A ludicrous choice of super-powers. Rand Al'Thor from WoT or any of the massively powerful secondary characters (Moiraine, Egwene, Logain, Nynaeve, hell Ishamael) could any one of them rip apart an army. Belgarath or Polgara can both wreak a fair amount of devastation. Gandalf is angelic in power and wisdom, he'd be a good team player. PUG! Pug/Milamber, magician of 2 worlds, or Macros, both god-rivallingly powerful mages. Allanon from the Sword of Truth is kind of a dick but pretty much immortal. Albus Dumbledore? He's got skills and seems like a nice fella.

Random: Hmmmmm. I do like the choice of Mat Cauthon. A gambling, womanising, battle-genius with a spearsword? Cool. Or any of the rogue-type characters who meander through fantasy lit. What sort of fantasy team doesn't have a rogue?! Silk, with his assassin skills, polished manners and lock-picking. Nakor and his oranges, faith healing and possibly incredibly powerful magic, but maybe not. Dread Pirate Roberts? He's dreadful, sure, but smart. A Hobbit? Everyone likes a good Hobbit. I would say Merry gets the call. But I think the best of the random characters is a certain slighty-evil dwarf with a penchant for plotting and a knack for showing up in all the right and wrong places. Tyrion Lannister. His genius and cunning would be a great help in an otherwise too-goody-two-shoes team.

So...
Fighters: Rand Al'Thor, The Dragon Reborn. Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light, the Coramor, He who comes with the dawn, Shadowkiller.
Belgarion, the Rivan King. Godslayer, Lord of the Western Sea, Overlord of the West, Keeper of the Orb of Aldur.

Archer: Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of the Woodland realm.

Magician: Pug of Crydee. Milamber of the assembly, Magician of two worlds.

Random: Tyrion Lannister, Rightful Lord of Casterly Rock. Warden of the West, former Hand of the King, The Imp, Halfman, No-Nose, Freak.

Massive damage from 2 world-spanningly powerful warrior-mages, both peerless in their literature and with lifespans of a thousand years or so. An archer that never misses and can see for miles, again massively long-lived and with no need of sleep. An immortal (again!) demi-god Magician with the wisdom of the ancients. And an edge. Every team needs an edge.

Fun game:)

That's without going into the many super-elves of WH lit, any actual real world mythological figures/Deities (except Robin Hood, does he count?), nor any of the vastly overpowered and under-written D&D characters.

And that's just after a quick glance at my nearest bookshelf :)
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
lordoftheshadows

#36 Post by lordoftheshadows »

I don't know if any of you have seen these but they're very cool.

Suvuvdu has cage matches for fantasy and science fiction characters that happen annually.

Link: http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/04/ca ... recap.html
Words to live by:
Live for ever or die in the attempt.

The motto of my master (Zaros) may he rest in peace.
Proud member of the Mage Knight Guild.
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214[/url]
The Prince of Death
yeasir

#37 Post by yeasir »

Whos next? Dont want to be rude but that kinda ruins it when you name everyone you know, pick 5 and tell why you picked them. If you wanna do more then one group thats awesome.
'I am NAGGAROTHI !' ....Yeasir broke into a run, heading down the slope at fullspeed. As he came to the line of shields,he lept into the air spear flashing downwards. With a crash of metal, he plunged into the soldiers. Yeasirs sword and spear tip were a silverd WW as he cut down anything in reach.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#38 Post by Domine Nox »

yeasir wrote:Whos next? Dont want to be rude but that kinda ruins it when you name everyone you know, pick 5 and tell why you picked them. If you wanna do more then one group thats awesome.
How so? It's the same as we all did, we just did our "What about this guy? He has X going for him. Oh no, it should be this guy." on our own without typing it out.

Unless you mean he didn't just pick 5. Which he did.
Paraicj wrote:Rand Al'Thor, The Dragon Reborn. Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light, the Coramor, He who comes with the dawn, Shadowkiller.
That's all a single person. He just put all their titles after weighing the pros and cons of a couple choices.

Paraicj

#39 Post by Paraicj »

Whos next? Dont want to be rude but that kinda ruins it when you name everyone you know, pick 5 and tell why you picked them.
I just gave all of mine their full titles, I'm a nerd! I had a lot of fun going through them, and of course, what I wrote are my opinions on my choices, not bare facts. I bet many disagree with it. :)

If you think that the ones I named in the paragraphs above my final list are all I know, I can boringly and thoroughly disabuse you of that notion. :D They were more like the "finalists" before the titles were handed out. A mercifully short short-list really. I only spanned 5 or 6 fantasy worlds...
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Azaireal

#40 Post by Azaireal »

Weapon Master 1: Conan (the Barbarian)
Weapon Master 2: Minsc (with Boo) (Baulder's Gate series)
Archer: Heroic Spirit Emiya Shirou (Archer)
Wizard: Rydia (FF IV)
Extra: Agrias (FF Tactics)

Weapon masters are pretty much a given choice. Conan is the arch-typical conqueror king and Minsc has the butt kicking boots of justice. This pretty much ensures fights end rather brutally, with justice prevailing. Boo will attempt to go for the eyes at least once per combat round.

Archer turns swords into arrows which explode. Steel is his body, and fire is his blood.

Rydia is an ideal wizard. She used to know White Magic, but abandoned it when her summon skills allowed her to pretty much accomplish most white mage effects. Her black magic is limited to basic elemental attacks, with a few special effects for character. Her summons are where the real damage is from, as well as healing, debuffing/dispelling/buffing/raising the dead.

Agrias is a Holy Knight. Pretty much Lightning Stabs everything into oblivion, as well as being a decent human being. She's a wild card because the job system allows her to have any secondary skill set (except for Squire). Of all the characters in the list, this is the one that will keep progression as a priority, where as the others are stricken pretty hard with deep emotional issues.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#41 Post by Domine Nox »

Azaireal wrote:Weapon Master 1: Conan (the Barbarian)
Interesting, since you went the Tactics route I'm surprised Orlandu didn't make the Weapon Master list when Agrias made Extras. Minsc is a nice call, though I would consider him 'extra' "Go for the eyes!" =D>

yeasir

#42 Post by yeasir »

Ya I guess it really don't really matter. I was just thinking it would mess with peoples picks, if they already saw a name used. But the same name has been used in different groups already, so its all good. As long as everyones having fun.
'I am NAGGAROTHI !' ....Yeasir broke into a run, heading down the slope at fullspeed. As he came to the line of shields,he lept into the air spear flashing downwards. With a crash of metal, he plunged into the soldiers. Yeasirs sword and spear tip were a silverd WW as he cut down anything in reach.
yeasir

#43 Post by yeasir »

Hmmmmmm............

Weaponmaster- Gaius Octavian
Weaponmaster- Methrammar Aerosuma
Mage- Karsus
Archer- Dove Falconhand
Random- Jarlaxle Baenre

Methrammar is the son of Lady Alustriel of Silverymoon, also she was one of the Seven Sisters. So he had a good pedigree hehe. He was the 2nd best swordsman in the 3.5 Forgotten Realms World according to Edd Greenwood, if anyone would know it would be Edd. LOL

Octavian was trained in his furycraft by the physical manifastation of a planet! He had control of all the elements, he could fly, flaming sword at will, fireballs at will, mind numbingly fast, could heal with watercraft, use metalcraft to stop his pain, use earthcraft to make himself super strong, you know all the good stuff rolled into one, easily one of the most powerful beings around.

Netheril Lord Karsus created a spell that made him a god, the god of magic to be specific. Not to meantion he destroyed most of the Netheril Empire in the process, because he didnt have the knowledge to hold the weave together (the source of arcane magic in FR). This was the reason that the gods put a spell cap at 9th lvl. Still as far as power goes he had ALOT. He cast his 1st spell at age 2, the weakness he had (besides arrogance) was he had natural ability, so he never studied like he should have. He was a level 41 arcanist when he cast Karsus Folly and was turned into the blood red stone where his spirit is bound still. I don't know of anyone from D&D that ever got that high of a level, if anyone has proof of a person who got over level 41 let me know please, and not toons you have made up hahaha. Now the other badass wizaed from Netheril can't think of his name got to like level 39 ,the one who turned hisself into a central illithid brain.

Dove was one of the seven sisters, she was also a ranger. Elminster raised her so you can imagine the Arcane Archer stuff she could do. The Seven Sisters were the Chosen of Mystra (The God of Magic).

Jarlaxle.......whos more random then Jarlaxle? He has a solution/way out of any situation you can think of.
Azaireal

#44 Post by Azaireal »

Domine Nox wrote:
Azaireal wrote:Weapon Master 1: Conan (the Barbarian)
Interesting, since you went the Tactics route I'm surprised Orlandu didn't make the Weapon Master list when Agrias made Extras. Minsc is a nice call, though I would consider him 'extra' "Go for the eyes!" =D>
Ones a pretty lady, the others an old man. No other reason.
yeasir

#45 Post by yeasir »

Isnt Rand supposed to like a super awesome swordsman ? Nevermind ya he is. :) I really need to read that series. One thing about this is, its a good way to find books or series you havent read yet. :D
Last edited by yeasir on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeasir

#46 Post by yeasir »

Ive been reading up on some of you guys picks that i didnt know.WEAPONMASTERS- The best fight in my opinion so far is Rand Al'Thor vs Richard Rahl. Belgarion is above them, him and Octavian would be a continent destroying super fight. Cloud has already beat Sephiroth, Drizzt has already beat Zak. Drizzt and Logan "The Bloody Nine" vs "the Hunter" would be a good one, also Druss vs Conan, Lan vs Araris. Prince Tyrion, Adolin, Methrammar Szeth, Yeasir, Achilles ,Link, Musashi, i missed a few i still need to read up on, so this excludes them ill post more as i read on them. MAGES- Ryldia, Egwene, Fist, Zed, Raistilin, Elmister, Kimmural, Teclis, Krasus, are in the same category more or less. Pug is above these guys from what ive read up on him hes just crazy badass. The same goes with these i am excluding the ones i haven't researched. Not sure enough about archers to comment yet. Same with the randoms.

I think from what i have read that Pug is the strongest character named so far. (Excluding Odin and Asuryan)

Warriors- Belgarion would prolly beat Octavian after they destroying half the planet. So Belgarion is in my opinion the most powerful, followed by Octavian so far. Although as far as straight up skill if they didn't have there powers no magic just weapons id have to say Methrammar followed by Prince Tyrion.
Now Richard Rahl and Rand Al'Thor im still not decided on, so im not including them at the moment, that includes having magic or not there so close it hurts my head to think about it. :| I guess it comes down to if you like Wheel of Time or Sword of Truth better. More on this later.

Mages- Pug. After him its really hard to say but im gonna go with, Karsus followed by Fistandantalus.

Archers?? I really like Legolas and Alith, but its not who i like its whos the best. :( So i need to research more.

Random-?? Its the same as archers at the moment although, Jarlaxle is gonna be hard to beat in my opinion. :D

Thanks to all who have played so far, if anyone else has a group or want to make another group go for it. I actually got another one i have been thinking of. Ill post archers and randoms when i research them further. Also this my opinion i know people wont agree, so just let me know how wrong i am is all i can say. :) HAHA
Ceridan

#47 Post by Ceridan »

Hmm...

Weaponmasters: Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) and Cloud (FF7)

Archer: Van Helsing

Mage: Raistlin Majere (Forgotten Realms)

Random: Nameless One (Forgotten Realms)

One who seeks for his mortality, One who seeks godhood, One who seeks a purpose, One who seeks a reason, One who seeks for his past.
John Rainbow

#48 Post by John Rainbow »

Megalolz at the reminder of the 'Hawk the Slayer' movie and Crow. That movie sucked hard but it was fun. It also had that old dude with the repeater crossbow.
dundulin

#49 Post by dundulin »

Ill go for all characters people will, know, (save time explaining who they are)
weapon masters
1, batman (he4's awsome and...... I am batman)
2, hulk, because hulk smash
Archer, legolas
mage, teclis
random, Sauron, with his ring

Thanks for the fun idea