To the Northlands! - Signup and OOC.

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: To the Northlands! - Signup and OOC.

#151 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks for stepping in, Silly.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
The Silly Dragon

#152 Post by The Silly Dragon »

No problem though i don't have any experience with RPGs but i will try my best. How hard can it be?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Yvran the Prince

#153 Post by Yvran the Prince »

TSD, if you want, I can PM you the plotline and some enemy stats.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#154 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks for making the swordmaster worse. :D

I think it's quite nice that TSD gets to be co-GM, because his character has been somewhat...annoyed, let's say. ;)
The Silly Dragon

#155 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Yeah i have the power to kill off your characters...just remember that... :twisted:

A SM uses 3 dice while a Hero uses 5 average? Should work but peoples rolls have been bad so i made him weaker (like Arratak said in his post his getting out of breath or simply too shaken up by Cynthia's attempt to actually kill him! :lol: ).

PM me everything you want for the RP as then i can have some kind of template to work from your not here and i don't do something that buggers up the story. If you want to keep some things as even a surprise for me thats fine as its all up to you.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
John Rainbow

#156 Post by John Rainbow »

I don't need to fight as I already have access as a member of the Elven nobility. See Yvran's earlier post :)
The Silly Dragon

#157 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I just thought that you would like to have a go at the fighting so you get som experience about what to do later on.

So i'll just move it along then. I suppose the next post is important as it'll be the first step into the main quest (notice i said main :wink: ). Will most likely be a longer post.
John Rainbow

#158 Post by John Rainbow »

Sounds sweet dude. I'll just accept whatever stuff Yvran was planning on giving me.
Arratak

#159 Post by Arratak »

The last post was over a day ago and then I had to post to fill in time... Can we please keep this regular.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
The Silly Dragon

#160 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I'm still waiting for Yvran to send me the plotline so i know where to steer it.
Arratak

#161 Post by Arratak »

[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
Yvran the Prince

#162 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Sorry guys, I've been rushed off my feet at work, but things have quietened down now. TSD, a rough idea of the plot is on it's way.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#163 Post by Arratak »

I have a few questions...

In combat do we have HP? or number of wounds?

Can we make saving throws?

Can we use skills to negate the effects of wounds?
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#164 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Good questions that the SPAM system does not have the answers for so i will ask,
Do you want wounds and saving throws?
Arratak

#165 Post by Arratak »

Both would be nice and the ability to roll skills to negate wounds... Or something.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#166 Post by The Silly Dragon »

The only skill would be Cynthia's Life magic or someones medical skill for healing (which no one has listed except Cynthia and she doesn't exactly have the best bedside manners).

I'll try and work out some wounds system we can incorporate into the SPAM system but as it stands we all have 3 wounds and epic fails of a defense against an opponents attack move will count as -1 to your wounds. Sound ok so far?

Also should it be simply knocked unconcious or death for the character? I think unconcious unless the story is near the end or the poster can't continue using the character for whatever reason. (real life commitments etc).

A basic saving throw is based on your attribute that is used to attack you. Say a swordsman attacks you with a physical attack and lands a hit (success) to your own roll of your own skills/attribute (he won). Now you can make a saving throw bsed on your attribute that the enemy used so for Cynthia being Physical of 2 means she has to roll a 1-2 to save it. While if it was an agility save it would be a save of 1-4 as her attribute is 4. Make sense?

Obviously all that was made in 5 minutes then and subject to change.
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mentheus of Caledor

#167 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Sounds pretty neat, easy to use and simple enough. With a setup like this, would I be able to use Lenaethis' skill that allows him to "ignore" pain? Perhaps I could use it as a saving throw or something? Obviously at the GM's discretion of course...
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
The Silly Dragon

#168 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Your 'ignore the pain' skill is going to be hard to do as i was going to have it attribute only. Maybe you can get a +1 to a single roll of yours but now we are complicating it. Not to say i wont do it but just let me think about how people could use skills as a saving throw...
Mentheus of Caledor

#169 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Haha, if it's too complicated, don't worry about it. :)
I don't really mind if it isn't useful. I did it mostly for character rather than any actual applicability anyway. :D

Besides, he's a swordmaster. He won't e getting hurt anyways :)
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Arratak

#170 Post by Arratak »

Well I have physical 3 and a skill called Humman stubbonerness 4. So I was thinking... Roll 4 dice for my skill and counts the successes like combat and that man successes stops the wounds, because I'm physically capable of taking dmg or something. Also, I was thinking... Because we play wfb. We could just use armour saves like the game. 1d6 depending on the armour... For example... I'm wearing light armour so maybe a 5+ to save, same with cynthia where as John and cython are wearing heavy armour. So a 3+ but -1 to the number of dice they roll to attack with. And I was thinking a bit more wounds then 3... I can imagine as we get into fighting alot more wounds will be coming our way. And since Kalossir is a Mage he can buff us with an invulnerable save of 5 or 6+ because we don't want it to easy for us :P

Also... Wounds could be worked out by yrvan. Like 10+our attribute and less then 25% health is unconscious.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#171 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Thats all well and good Arratak but i was thinking to keep it simple so we can just focus on the story building and action and not sit here rolling 100s of dice. Also i wanted the attribute to have some kind of meaning to this system other than for show as combat is won or lost by skills.

Combat isn't going to wound you every time your opponent wins a round of dice with you. It will be like after 3 rounds the person who is losing has to take a saving throw or take a wound. NPCs have only 1 wound unless they are 'boss' types while the group of heroes has 3 each.

The point about buffing with magic will have to be him casting a spell at the point in time. No rules are really needed right now as the variables are too wide to know it.

Human Stubborness/ignoring pain isn't going to save you from a spear in the face. The way you descibe it sounds complicated and OP for our characters. Its a war and its going to be bloody for both sides.

I will find a way to have those skills benefit you, don't worry. But keep coming up with ideas please.

Maybe have it so that if you take a wound you can 'ignore it' with a seperate save made by the correct skill? Say just like how you would attack you roll your skill's associated number of dice (4 for you Arratak) and compare it to a number of dice we roll (Yvran or me) which number is equal to how 'bad' that wound was. All up to the discretion of the 'Dungeon Masters' of how bad said wound is.

Also i would like to point out now that i am going to be splitting my posts between In Character for Cynthia (IC) and Dungeon Master (DM). You will know which i am posting as i will write it at the start of the post like so:
DM:
You all enter the dark forest...

IC:
Cynthia yells at Leneathis for trying to peek at her while bathing.
Arratak

#172 Post by Arratak »

Zzzzz let's keep going guys
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Arratak

#173 Post by Arratak »

Ffs wtf is taking so long? Someone post something???
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Mentheus of Caledor

#174 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

I haven't posted cause I expected either TSD or Yvran to post, but either way I just posted. Not that there's much I can do...
Yvran the Prince

#175 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Sorry guys, I was expecting someone else to post, but whatever, let's just get things moving again.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#176 Post by Elithmar »

I was waiting to see what Silly said snapped the twig, but anyway.
Arratak

#177 Post by Arratak »

I was waiting for TSD to carry on his thing. He can still write it... Past tense.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Mentheus of Caledor

#178 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

So... Has this kinda died? I've been really busy and so I haven't really noticed how long it's been since the last posts...
Yvran the Prince

#179 Post by Yvran the Prince »

TSD probably has personal stuff going on and so can't post.I'll go back to running it until he's back. That is, if you guys are still interested.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Yvran the Prince

#180 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Wait... his last visit was yesterday!

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]