DAU 12 - The Witching Night - OOC & Signup - Closed

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

Re: DAU 12 - The Witching Night - OOC & Signup - Closed

#121 Post by Ruerl Khan »

NoOoDLe wrote:I suppose but, abilities or not.. In my honest opinion, it's meta gaming.
And what exactly am I doing that is metagaming?
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Amun-Lothain

#122 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Without revealing too much before the game ends, if anyone attempted things that were not specified in their abilities, I did use dice rolls to decide if they succeeded.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Ghost

#123 Post by Ghost »

I just noticed... The random bodyguards are never suspected when we play DAU, even though they have the greatest means being actual trained fighters.
Uther Di Asturien

#124 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Quite a bit actually. I disagree with Noodle in his opinion that your actions are metagaming, thinking outside the box should always be encouraged.
Your posts in this topic however were serious instances of metagaming IMO, you clearly continued to use persuasion outside of the character and topic boundaries. Everyone might as well have started posting out of character in the RPG thread.
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
NoOoDLe

#125 Post by NoOoDLe »

Ruerl Khan wrote:
NoOoDLe wrote:I suppose but, abilities or not.. In my honest opinion, it's meta gaming.
You're not roleplaying. You're just trying to 'win'. You don't pay attention to the topic, at all. You're using the GM as your witness. As Uther said, if we all went your way we could've done without the IC thread and we could've called it 'CSI: Marienburg' instead of DAU.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#126 Post by Ruerl Khan »

NoOoDLe wrote:
Ruerl Khan wrote:
You're not roleplaying. You're just trying to 'win'. You don't pay attention to the topic, at all. You're using the GM as your witness. As Uther said, if we all went your way we could've done without the IC thread and we could've called it 'CSI: Marienburg' instead of DAU.
1) Concerning the GM: It is his choice wether to comply with that IC wish or not, a letter can be lost. A lord can order his bread from outside instead of having his servants make it themselves. It is as such the GM's choice wether the ideas are possible or not. -And you haven't actually had anything confirmed OOC with a GM witness have you? No, Amun have not confirmed anything. You only have my characters word for it, no GM witness because it has not been "put to play" yet. -And it is Amun's choice wether that can be confirmed or not.
2) I do actually pay attention to the topic, but this does not mean that my character does not desire to survive and actually kill those out for them... I would comment more but I don't want to disrupt the IC thread even more by answering you. That will have to wait till the DAU is over.
3) You are misquoting Uther, his disagreement with my posts is from the posts in this thread. Not my characters actions. You where the one to bring in "CSI: Marienburg" no one else.

I would make more comments, but I will save those till after the DAU is over, I think i've posted more than enough OOC information in this thread as it is.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Ghost

#127 Post by Ghost »

Just noticed, Amun you posted here but didn't wrap up our day :O
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#128 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Ghost wrote:Just noticed, Amun you posted here but didn't wrap up our day :O
We have 48 hours to RP in, I believe he just holds to that. Did the 48 hours pass yet?
Ghost

#129 Post by Ghost »

True, tonight at 11:00 will be the 48 hour
Amun-Lothain

#130 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Ghost wrote:True, tonight at 11:00 will be the 48 hour
A little early, but I think it was pretty much decided. :P
Ghost

#131 Post by Ghost »

Sharing is caring!

I feel i succeeded in keeping my abilities secret for the most part. Here is my character

Klara:
"In depth explanation:
Divination: Once per night you may use your magic to try to see the actions of one individual.

Protection: You may choose to place a protective ward on one individual per night that will guard them against the assassin’s blades.

Goals:
Secrets: Practicing magic is a dangerous thing unless you’re a member of one of the Colleges. It would be in your best interests to get through this ordeal without revealing your powers.

Rumors: You’ve always been a good judge of character, and something about Theoderic Rugen doesn’t sit well with you."

That last part about Theoderic Rugen was a waste, i divinated him on the first night which is how i knew he was innocent and was attacked twice for sure.

After that i did my divination on Thalos because he seemed like he was iffy, thus i found him also innocent.

Third night i believe i divinated Reinhold which is how i found out he was in Olanis's room, although i didn't know for sure if he killed him or not but it was a better lead then any.

Fourth night i saw markus doing magic which worked better for me then most because i just pretended as if my character (his sister) knew that he was a mage which i actually just found, although my divination didn't say what he was doing with his magic so it led to no guilt, but opening it up to the group helped.

And fifth night i watched Wilhelm just in case, and when i saw him going towards Thalo's room and then a "bad dream" of me watching Thalos kill Wilhelm asleep, i knew noodle was a bad mage.

From the get go i had a feeling Nooodle was guilty, and i suspected Reinhold and Ruprecht. So i feel i hit 2 on the dot, if we had not killed Ruprecht i would have probably watched him next instead of Wilhelm. ...

How about the rest of you? What abilities or suspicions did you have?

EDIT: And thank you Amun for running it, you did a great job and were really good with your timing.
Uther Di Asturien

#132 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

I had the ability to investigate and/or send a message to other players.

My objective was to get Thalos killed without being implicated :wink:

Unfortunately, if the DAU starts right away or before the 27th then I won't be able to participate as i'm taking the holidays off to go skii with my family.
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
cidracin

#133 Post by cidracin »

Heres my profile :D
You are Gerrard Le Claux, noble knight of Bretonia... just kidding

Player number: 6
Player name: Cidracin
Character name: Ruprecht Hall
Special abilities: Assassinate and Persuade

You are Ruprecht Hall, a respected merchant from Altdorf. You traveled to Marienburg in the hopes of finding new trade opportunities. You hired a man named Reinhold Halheimer, a former soldier, to act as a bodyguard during your travels. The party seemed like a good opportunity to get your name out among Marienburg’s upper classes, but now things have taken a turn for the worse and you have been left fearing for your life.

In depth explanation:
Assassinate: You may attempt to kill a player on a roll of 6+. You will be discovered if they roll the same or higher. A creative description can improve your chances of success.

Persuade: Once per night you may have a short message sent to another player without revealing your identity if you wish. PM me with what you want the note to say.

Goals:
Foreign trade: You know that Boris Shuvlov has connections in the Kislev royal court. If you help him to survive, his gratitude would likely factor in to some lucrative trade negotiations.

As you can see I was completely innocent :wink: I only used my persuade power twice. Once the first night to send a note anonomyously to Noodle telling him to be wary of Lady Elisabeth as I found her suspicious, too bad I had no clue he was a vampire :lol: The second time was to send my letter to Thalos on the night before I was executed. Personally I didn't use the powermuch because being seen out in the halls was not worth passing a note.

The main reason I suspected Wilhelm was that I recieved a dream telling me that he was trying to kill me. While I suspected him before this the dream made him my go to suspect when no one seemed clearly guilty. I doubhted the accuracy of the note the next day after Wilhelm did not go after me but I was unsure whether Wilhelm was the sender of the dream and was trying to confuse me into believig my suspicions of him were false.

As you sleep, you find yourself in a vivid dream...

Quote:
Wilhelm Heidmann murmured to himself while fondling the crude combat knife he had left from his military past. "He cannot be trusted.. His blood must be shed.. For the blood god.. Blood for the blood god.. His skull.. For the throne.." was now audibly whispering through the room. "Ruprecht.. Will die.. Tomorrow.. Not tonight.."

A soft female voice echos through the vision..

"There's a conspiracy against you.. I cannot identify the other plotters yet.. Act against it and live.. Or die a horrible death.. You can count on my support in the voting next morning.."

I also got this note on night 4 or 5. Wasn't of much use so I largely ignored it. It seemed to be implying that the writer hoped I could be one of the asassins. I suspect this was written by Uther.

When you enter your room this night, you find a note. It reads, "Thalos is one of the Order. Do not underestimate him. If he roams free we will not live for long." You are unable to tell who could have written it.

Out of curiosiy why did people think I was so guilty?
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Uther Di Asturien

#134 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Yep, that was me alright, and I had you pegged as a guilty man due to your animosity against Wilhelm, whom I had discovered was a Greatsword early on.

"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
NoOoDLe

#135 Post by NoOoDLe »

My goal.. Was pretty much impossible. Considering I was a baddie that was supposed to keep my goodie sister alive. x'D
Player number: 9
Player name: NoOoDLe
Character name: Markus Kuestermann
Special abilities: Assassinate and Dark Vision

You are Markus Kuestermann, a young Imperial noble. You’ve been sent with your sister Klara to Marienburg to negotiate trading rights for the family business, something for which you have little interest. This party seemed like an interesting diversion… and an opportunity to test your skills. You’ve been practicing dark magics secretly for several years now, having discovered your talents when you were a small boy. You’ve started hearing whispers in your sleep, a voice promising unimaginable rewards should you promise to serve.

In depth explanation:
Assassinate: You may attempt to kill another player once per night. On a roll of 5+ you succeed. You fail if your opponent rolls the same or higher.

Dark Vision: Using your magic, you may attempt to send a dream to another player. (PM me what you want them to see)

Goals:
Blood is thicker: Dark gods or no, Klara is still your sister. You’ve looked out for one another since childhood. There has to be a way for both of you to make it out alive.

Rumors: Magical talent runs in the blood, it seems likely that your sister may possess some mystical talents as well, but you’re not sure. Reinhold Halheimer seems to drain the very magic from the air, you’re certain that he isn’t what he appears to be.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Ghost

#136 Post by Ghost »

^Balls to the walls that sucks. How many assassinations did you try? And atleast your rumour of Reinhold held value considering in truth he was a vampire
Amun-Lothain

#137 Post by Amun-Lothain »

I didn't think it was that impossible, as the assassins only need to outnumber, or equal, the innocents to win, you just had to make sure Klara was one of the remaining few. It did get much harder as the other assassins got taken out, though.

And you weren't the only one. Drainial(Reinhold) had a similar goal with keeping Ruprecht alive, because as we all know vampires have a strong work ethic. :P
Ghost

#138 Post by Ghost »

They had it tough, i remember once when i was a vampire i was allowed to talk with the others in pm at night.
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#139 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Player number: 2
Player name: Prince_Asuryan
Character name: Theoderic Rugen
Special abilities: Assassinate and Misdirection

You are Theoderic Rugen, a local businessman, and a ruthless one at that. Business hasn’t been so good this year, and you’re getting desperate. Desperate enough to remove your competitors by any means necessary, and this party may provide you with the perfect opportunity to thin the ranks of the competition.

In depth explanation:
Assassinate: You can attempt to kill another player. On a roll of 5+ you succeed, and you may improve your chances with a creative description. If your enemy rolls the same or higher you will be discovered.

Misdirection: You may attempt to tamper with the crime scene(whether you are the killer or not, and assuming someone has been killed that night). PM me with a description of what you want it to look like.

Goals:
Your goal is simply to remove as many competitors as you can.

Rumors: You also have a feeling that Olanis Solbar is not the noble asur he seems to be. You’ve seen him in back alleys and shady taverns associating with some rather unsavory individuals.

------------------------
Both my abilities pretty much sucked. With everyone out of their rooms at night, I could hardly try to assassinate successfully and get away with it, especially considering I had no skills at all.

Similarly, tampering with scenes was poor as I had to guess who would be assassinated then go to the rooms without being seen. In the end, I only went out one night, and didn't try to kill anyone. Considering I thought people would avoid me after surviving two attacks, I figured I could live till the end. Never mind.

Also, I had NoOodle figured out early on, but obviously a gut feeling is not enough to get votes considering the number of people seeing each other in the night.

-------------------------

If I could make a suggestion or two:

I felt there was too much OOC this game, which is why I avoided it for the most part. I always consider that the only people that should speak OOC in a DAU is either the GM, the dead signing off and a count of votes. Other than that, I dislike it.

Second, there were FAR too many people able to go outside at night, making it worthless for me to try anything considering a lack of actual talent :P Having fewer options to leave the rooms may be an idea.

Not to criticise, I really enjoyed it, but some thoughts that struck me this game...

Well done all, I prepare for the next game.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
The Darkness

#140 Post by The Darkness »

It was certainly enjoyable, so good job Amun. Here is my character:
Player number: 10
Player name: The Darkness
Character name: Wolfram Ehrhard
Special abilities: Investigate and Enemy of Chaos

You are Wolfram Ehrhard, a Witch Hunter of the Order of Sigmar. You have been sent to investigate reports of heresy and possible witchcraft in the area. You are attending this party in the guise of a typical Marienburg merchant, all the while searching for clues that the lord of the house may be involved in heretical activities.

In depth explanation:
Investigate: As a Witch Hunter you are dedicated to rooting out evil. You may choose to investigate the actions of TWO players each night.

Enemy of Chaos: You gain a passive +3 to your defense against any assassination attempt involving magic.

Goals:
Undercover: You have been instructed to complete your mission without revealing your identity as a Witch Hunter if at all possible.

Rumors: Elizabeth Kurz isn’t a simple noble. The calm confidence in her movements mirror your own, but her motives remain a mystery.
I used investigate on both the nights I was alive. If I'd survived the third night I was investigating Ruerl and NoOoDLe. Anyway these are my results of them.

Night 1:
As you spy on Ruprecht, you see him writing a letter, though you are unable to get close enough to read it. Aside from that, you don’t uncover anything suspicious this night.

Your investigation of Anika turns out to be more interesting. First you spot her outside Klara Kuestermann’s door. You later see her fleeing from the direction of Theoderic’s room.
and Night 2:
As you head for your door to begin your investigation, you pause as the doorknob begins to turn. You then hear a shout, and the sounds of fighting just outside. Peering through the keyhole, you can make out the figure of Wilhelm Heidmann in combat with an unknown attacker. It is clear from his weapon and movements that Wilhelm is a Greatsword. The attacker flees, and after a moment, Wilhelm returns to his room, having perhaps saved your life.

Once the halls appear to be clear, you seek out Elisabeth. Unfortunately, she appears to be sleeping soundly, and you are unable to learn anything concerning her identity.
Thats how I knew Wilhelm was innocent anyway.
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#141 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Right, I cannot find the character description I got so I must have deleted it by accident, anyway my special rules as I remember them:

Swordmaster: 2+ wardsave against assassinations.

And... thats it. I also learned that I suspected Reinhold too from my background.

Now, a bit more in dept as to why I acted as I did:
The first couple of days: Its just humans dying anyway, nothing important. Let them kill each other (the gnats).
After Uther got assasinated: I acted on the suspiscion my character was given in the background to try to get him convicted.

The day after: I knew I wanted to check on Luna, and I had no idea wether or not the dough would work, I talked to the staff yes but Amun could have chosen to let the staff fall ill and be away, or just not accessible for me. Or choose to let it backfire on me. Luckily (for me) it never came to that. All I could see was that one door had been opened and one door had remained closed.

And people believed my statement, I had no way of proving that what I said was the truth, except for the staff (which never got into play), so people could have called on that and refused to vote until they heard it from the staff (GM), who then could choose to let it work or not. It never got to that however.
Anyway, I checked Luna because he kept accusing me, the choice after that was mainly between Ghost and Lethalis as both seemed too innocent and appaled, so I flipped a coin and ended up checking Lethalis.

The last day? NoOoDLe got felled by circumstance, too many people suspected me, checked on me, and this caused his plan to backfire. I just had to point out the obvious, at this point I had no clue who the last assassin was, I suspected NoOoDLe but on the other hand? That he revealed himself as a mage in a situation where being a mage could fell him? That just made me doubt if it could really do that. And I salute you for that stunt NoOoDLe, that succeeded in leading me astray.

So, i'd say that NoOoDLe pretty much died due to circumstance. I'm suprised that Klara voted against her own brother though.

EDIT:

And yes, I agree there was too much talk in this thread. You are right, and I apologize for my part in it.
Ghost

#142 Post by Ghost »

^he didn't reveal himself I called him out on it making it seem as if I knew some sort of truth :)
Amun-Lothain

#143 Post by Amun-Lothain »

@Prince_Asuryan: Valid points. Looking back, there were too many things going on at night, and the tampering ability looked interesting on paper, but didn't really work out.

The assassins had it rough, not knowing the other's identities at the start, and some of their goals conflicted as well. I'm glad it was enjoyable, and I'll keep everyone's input in mind if I run another one later. :D
cidracin

#144 Post by cidracin »

Amun-Lothain wrote:I didn't think it was that impossible, as the assassins only need to outnumber, or equal, the innocents to win, you just had to make sure Klara was one of the remaining few. It did get much harder as the other assassins got taken out, though.

And you weren't the only one. Drainial(Reinhold) had a similar goal with keeping Ruprecht alive, because as we all know vampires have a strong work ethic. :P
Now I feel bad for voting against Reinhold #-o He may have been an undead blood sucking monster but at least he was a loyal one.

Who knew vampires made for such good bodyguards :lol:
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#145 Post by Ruerl Khan »

cidracin wrote:
Amun-Lothain wrote:I didn't think it was that impossible, as the assassins only need to outnumber, or equal, the innocents to win, you just had to make sure Klara was one of the remaining few. It did get much harder as the other assassins got taken out, though.

Now I feel bad for voting against Reinhold #-o He may have been an undead blood sucking monster but at least he was a loyal one.

Who knew vampires made for such good bodyguards :lol:
Offcourse they are! Its protecting their lunchbox.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#146 Post by Luna Guardian »

cidracin wrote:Out of curiosiy why did people think I was so guilty?
For my part, it was because you were so adamantly against me, especially after the Witch Hunter had vouched for my innocence. You were also very loud and had a vampire as a bodyguard. Also, you were a human male and I had a dream about you planning to kill me:
Ruprecht murmured softly to himself while fondling the crude combat knife etched with a single dark rune. Somehow it seemed familiar.. Maybe something from the wars? Theoderic entered the room.

An echoing voice boomed through the vision..

"Stupid witchhunter.. Revealing the innocence of the veteran.." was now audibly sounding through the room.

"We should kill him.. But what about the elf?" sounded as the reply.

"We'll deal with him later.. Tomorrow we'll try to vote Wilhelm out.. And if that's not a viable option we can always slaughter them later that night.."

Slowly the voices faded and all turned black..
As for Ruerl, I really thought he was an assassin from the way he acted. The less he drew attention to himself and the more we were caught in a deadlock situation the more he seemed like an assassin. When the breaddough tricks started happening and he caught two assassins, my mind changed however. Still, he was on my very short list of last assassin (The other one being Noodle)

I tried to play the part of a grizzled and grumpy old veteran with certain prejudices about non-humans and higher class folk. Also, the more Cidracin pushed against me, the more I decided to push back. Self-preservation is a powerful instinct to have and if Wilhelm was a veteran of many battles, he'd have to have quite a strong one.

My character sheet:
Player number: 1
Player name: Luna Guardian
Character name: Wilhelm Heidmann
Special abilities: Bodyguard and Greatsword

You are Wilhem Heidmann, a decorated war hero and a former Greatsword. You have recently retired from the military, and are living the good life in Marienburg. It was hard for you to put down your sword, and even harder to get used to the idea of being wealthy, having started out from the bottom of the ranks. You came to the party hoping to relax, but now it seems you may have to pick up your sword again if you hope to make it out alive.

In depth explanation:
Greatsword: You may be retired, but you’ve kept your skills sharp. You have a passive 3+ to avoid assassination attempts.

Bodyguard: You may choose to protect one of your fellow players. In addition to preventing the assassination, on a 6+ you will also kill their attacker.

Goals:
Your goal is simply to protect as many innocent lives as you can.

Rumors: Wolfram Ehrhard is not who he appears to be. You are almost certain that the he is a Witch Hunter of Sigmar.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shandiar

#147 Post by Shandiar »

Player number: 12
Player name: Shandiar
Character name: Boris Shuvlov
Special abilities: Intrigue and Assassinate

You are Boris Shuvlov, a representative from the cold land of Kislev. You were sent to Marienburg to protect the Tzarina’s trade interests in the port city. …At least that’s what the official record states. Truthfully, you’ve fallen out of favor in the court, and this is more of an exile than a mission. You came to this party intending to get your mind off things.

In depth explanation:
Assassinate: You may attempt an assassination once per night. You succeed on a roll of 6+ but will be spotted if your target rolls the same or higher. Creative descriptions may improve your odds.

Intrigue: Years of life in the Kislevite court have taught you the value of discretion and deception. Once per night you may choose to have a short message sent to another guest. Your identity will not be revealed, unless you wish it to be.

Goals:
The Competition: Several people are vying for the opportunity to trade with Lord Frederich. If you could eliminate your competitors, and survive, your success might be enough to regain favor in the Tzarina’s court. (1-5 points)

Rumors: You know a warrior when you see one. You’re certain that Wilhelm Heidmann is a Greatsword.

I was indeed using my assassination skill both nights and had a fight with Luna, who hindered me killing Theoderic. Only bad rolls on the first night let me down in killing Wolfram I believe - that could have been fun. So not quite as innocent
High Priest of ASS
Sturen

#148 Post by Sturen »

Good job all, particularly Amun, short, for me, but sweet :D

Player number: 5
Player name: Sturen
Character name: Anika Elzacher
Special abilities: Investigate and Assassinate

You are Anika Elzacher, the daughter of a noble Marienburg family. To most you appear a quiet and unassuming girl, respectable and well mannered, but when your father was murdered by an assassin, you decided to take matters into your own hands. You’ve followed the killers trail, and you’re certain the assassin is amongst the guests at this party.

In depth explanation:
Investigate: Once per night you can attempt to discover the actions of another player.

Assassinate: You may attempt to kill one of your fellow players. You succeed on a roll of 6+, but a creative description can improve your odds. You are discovered if your opponent rolls the same or higher.

Goals:
Revenge: Your only goal is to find and kill the assassin who murdered your father.

Rumors: Klara Kuestermann isn’t a typical noble girl. You’re certain you saw her using some form of magic, but there didn’t seem to be anything evil about it…

Well, I investigated Klara and I attempted to kill Theoderic, though I realise now that leaving my room the first night was a mistake.

Sturen, your investigation confirms your earlier suspicions. You can see that Klara is using some form of magic to spy on one of the other guests, though you are unable to find out who.

Your attempt to assassinate Theoderic narrowly fails, and you are forced to flee. Luckily your identity remains a secret. (yeah sure... xD)

Sadly, I was hung the next day, but it was fun whilst it lasted :D
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Lethalis

#149 Post by Lethalis »

Player number: 7
Player name: Lethalis
Character name: Elisabeth Kurz
Special abilities: Assassinate and Instincts

You are Elisabeth Kurz, the wife a wealthy Imperial noble. At least that’s what everyone believes. In reality you are a professional assassin, and a good one at that. You decided to stick around after completing an assignment to kill a noble named Arthur Elzacher, and now someone has paid a handsome sum to see Peter Frederich dead. It seemed like a simple enough job, but now things have become complicated, and you now have to fear for your own life.

In depth explanation:
Assassinate: You may attempt to assassinate another player once per night. On a 4+ you succeed. Creativity in your description can improve your odds. If you opponent rolls the same or higher you will be discovered.

Instincts: You don’t get far in this line of work without being vigilant. You have a passive +3 to avoid assassination attempts.

Goals:
Getting the job done: Your goal is to survive this ordeal. Only when all other threats are eliminated will you be able to get close enough to your target to complete this mission

Rumors: Olanis Solbar is hiding something, you can hear the nervousness in his voice, and he always seems to be looking over his shoulder.
Elisabeth takes two daggers, inspecting them with a wicked smirk before hiding them in her robes. Then, she quietly sets off for the room of Wolfram. If she is to start killing, she had best make sure the hallways were nice and empty, and even if he wasn't the Witch Hunter he claimed to be he was still better off lying in his room, according to the assassin. Lying in his room forever.

As she approaches, she puts on a mask of fear and helplessness. She knows what to do: she will tell him how she is so afraid, that she swears she could've heard something outside her window again. She'll ask him for his protection using every feminine feature that nature has seen fit to grant her with. All she needs is one moment with him alone, one moment where he is off guard. And then....

As you make your way to Wolfram's room, it seems that you are not the only one with murder on their mind. You spot Markus fleeing from Wolfram's room, his attempted assassination having apparently failed. You stick to your plan... and it works perfectly. Wolfram gives up his pursuit of Markus and invites you to spend the night in his room, for safety...
Elisabeth stretches her arms out, content at yet another death caused. Yet her path was not yet clear. She gets her daggers out again and prepares for the hunt.

Slowly she stalks towards the room of Theoderic. Reaching the door, she gets a dagger out and starts scratching the door as if a cat or a dog wanted to come in, and she makes soft domestic animal noises. Once she will hear the door open, she aims at jumping up and carving the - supposed - merchant open. Once he's down, she'll start cutting him up in tiny pieces. Surely no woman would be thought capable of that, especially one of noble birth?

Fighting back an evil smirk and focussing on the job at hand, she puts her ear to the door as she scratches as delicately as possible. Shouldn't be long now....

As Theoderic opens the door his eyes go wide. He attempts to plead with you before your daggers cut short his life. With your target dead, you go to work on the body, leaving the Theoderic bits for the others to find in the morning.
Description of character and assassinations. Italics by GM.
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Shandiar

#150 Post by Shandiar »

Well done Lethalis :)
High Priest of ASS