2250 High Elves for Hard last phase of a Tournament

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

wamphyri101

2250 High Elves for Hard last phase of a Tournament

#1 Post by wamphyri101 »

Going to a tournament soon where we play 3 games at different point. Now i have list tried and tested for the first 2 games and this should put me on the first top 4 tables where I will most likely be against Dark elves or Daemons so am not wanting to go archmage due to chances of Ring of H or a Blood Thirster.

High Elf Prince
Armour of Calador, Vambraces of defence, Talisman of light
Halberd, Star Dragon: 621pts

Elven Mage
Ring of Fury, level 2 mage, Silver Wand

Elven Mage
Dispel scroll x 2, level 2 mage

Characters (3 + Dragon): 981 Points

10 Elven Archers

10 Elven Archers

Core (2): 220points

14 Sword masters of Hoeth
Banner of Sorcery, Full command

Lion Chariot

Lion Chariot

6 Dragon Princes of Calador

Special (5): 755 points

Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower

Rare (3): 300 points

Plan is to have the archers and bolt throwers hold a corner of the table with the Swordmasters behind them in case anyone gets close. Mages will also be there to either get some offensive spells off if they are magic light or drain magic/shield if magic heavy. The dragon, chariots and knights will kinda set up in a position of the middle to other flank to “fool” the enemy into deploying in the middle of the table. I will then move the middle team right over to the other flank and head down the side.
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
wamphyri101

Re: 2250 High Elves for Hard last phase of a Tournament

#2 Post by wamphyri101 »

So I take it that this list will be ok to use?
I have mainly been playing 1999 the last year and only ever played 4-6 higher point games.
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

In the absence of a BSB or close general I'd try to give your Swordmasters some Ld protection. Gem of Courage as a minimum. If you can find the points I'd also consider moving Sorcery to the DP's and putting Standard of Balance on the SM's.
swarmtime

#4 Post by swarmtime »

i agree, swordmasters with banner of balance just makes them straight up more survivable against dark elves and daemons especially with some 5+ wards (magic phase them).
seems like a pretty solid list, very similar to what i run and it goes well against those stronger forces. I take larger block of phoenix guard though, for a more solid base line with dragon or dragon princes going for the flank for the killiness needed.