2250, LSG list(no magic/cavalry/chariots)

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Red_Lep

2250, LSG list(no magic/cavalry/chariots)

#1 Post by Red_Lep »

I've been trying to build a LSG army since the SoC list, but I've never been able to pull it off. I do not want to use cavalry/chariots since they are supposed to be a seafaring army and I don't like scroll caddies, but other than that I'm fine. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Old list
Last edited by Red_Lep on Mon May 31, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyannas

Re: 2250, LSG list(no magic/cavalry/chariots)

#2 Post by Lyannas »

Interesting idea...

I would drop the radiant gem though, there will be no chance to release a spell successfully with the noble as only mage. I would take the reaver bow instead, gives you more shooting potential.
Red_Lep

#3 Post by Red_Lep »

Lyannas wrote:Interesting idea...

I would drop the radiant gem though, there will be no chance to release a spell successfully with the noble as only mage. I would take the reaver bow instead, gives you more shooting potential.
Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't planning on casting any spells with the Noble, just took it for the extra DD so I would have a better chance at dispelling the higher spells or spells that didn't target my units. I do like the idea of having the Reaver Bow though.
Bolt Thrower

#4 Post by Bolt Thrower »

I agree on dropping the radiant gem. I don't think even throwing 3 dice is going to really make that much of a difference. It'll most likely allow you to dispel one big spell 50% of the time (but probably not even that as the big spells will go off on more than 12 casting and you're going to average 11 on your roll). The reaver bow is a more effective use of points in my opinion.

I'm on the fence with the lions but it seems like the strategy will be a wait and see approach instead of go get them, so from that perspective the lions are more durable than sword masters.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Magic Res is Ok but against some opponents (Vamps for example) it's not enough. I think you need scrolls. I'd consider putting the Gem on the Prince and taking a scroll or two.

You also have a lack of combat units, 3 isn't enough IMHO. Sure you can sit and shoot but not always as your shooting is good rather than awesome. I'd be looking to put in a couple of Tiranocs which I think could easily be carried on board. If you disagree I think your small units of Swordmasters are worth a look. I'd drop one of your Nobles to pay for them.
Griffon Prince

#6 Post by Griffon Prince »

Make it 3 RBTs and an eagle for your rares. With 2 units of Shadow Warriors, you've got enough harassment units.
Add Reaver Bow and Bow of the Seafarer. Put one of the Nobles on an eagle, preferrably the Reaver hero.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww