Damn the Daemons!

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Abhorash.

Damn the Daemons!

#1 Post by Abhorash. »

2500 point list vs Daemons.

Prince - 615
Armour of Caledor
Vambraces of Defense
Sword of Might
Star Dragon

Mage - 175
Ring of Fury
Silver Wand

Mage - 185
level 2
Steerstaff
Jewel of Dusk

10 Archers (x2) - 220

15 Sword Masters - 225
Full Command
Lion Banner

15 Sword Masters - 225
Banner of Arcane protection
Full Command

6 Dragon Princes - 180
Banner of Sorcery

6 Dragon Princes - 180

1 Lion Chariot - 140

4 Bolt Throwers - 400
Last edited by Abhorash. on Sat May 08, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/13.jpg[/img][/url]
Kethnae

Re: Damn the Daemons!

#2 Post by Kethnae »

You've got a couple failings in your math:
You forgot to add the cost of the Dragon Armor+Shield to your Noble. You also forgot to include any points for the mount he needs, probably a Barded steed.
You overcharged yourself for the Mage because our dispel scrolls are cheaper. Also, I'd recommend only bringing him as a level one, it's not like he's going to be doing anything but carrying scrolls.
On both Swordmaster units you forgot to include the cost of Full Command and their magic banners.

If you were to drop the Mage back to a level one you'd be about 85 points over your limit. I'd suggest dropping a mixture of 1-2 Dragon Princes and 2-6 Swordmasters to make the points even up. I'll leave you to decide how best to even up your costs.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

The main problem I can see is if he comes with 2x Tz Herald with Master of Sorcery he can take Beast Cowers twice which really hurts your Star Dragon. At this points total I think you are better off with a second Lvl 2 and Banner of Sorcery to stop this and to give your army another way to cause pain.

Though with four RBT you are nice and competitive as it is!
jimma

#4 Post by jimma »

Hey there. I play Daemons myself and your list got the right elements to shut down a daemon list. Everything except scrolls I would say. With that few dispel dices you will have a hard time keeping his magic down.

One thing you really should look into is to give the second Swordmaster unit the Standard of Balance insteed of Arcane protection. He is not gonna waste magic on them he will cast it on your star dragon. (Because if he is smart he got master of sorcey) The Balance standard is amazing and works well against Bloodletters for example. Not only them, but also Black guards etc.

I would consider dropping atleast one Bolt Thrower to purchase a Eagle. As it is now you have NONE redirecting unit to work with. Ive played lots of games with high elfs and I would never leave home without two eagles. Nowdays when I play Wood elfs it is not quite as importent but I always get one atleast.

I would consider dropping the second Dragon Prince unit to and invest in two Tiranoc Chariots insteed. The high speed of them will help you control other peoples redirecting unit and flank threats. Run the Lion Chariot alongside your infantry and use the Tiranoc's for flanks and getting into the enemies deployment quick.

Just a few cents.
CrazyCarl

#5 Post by CrazyCarl »

Battle Banner is really good against Daemons as well. Upgrade one of your Dragon Princes to a Champion, equip it with Helm of Fortune then slap the BSB with Battle Banner into that unit and you've got a unit that (with some luck) can blow up even a Greater Daemon on combat res alone. The downside of that is that it becomes a 400 some-odd point unit, but whatever :P

Also, to combat Beast Cowers, can you use the amulet that gives 1 MR to help guard against it, or will the MR not trigger?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34299]My army[/url]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

CrazyCarl wrote:Also, to combat Beast Cowers, can you use the amulet that gives 1 MR to help guard against it, or will the MR not trigger?
It's an idea but it eats the Vambraces slot.
CrazyCarl

#7 Post by CrazyCarl »

SpellArcher wrote:
CrazyCarl wrote:Also, to combat Beast Cowers, can you use the amulet that gives 1 MR to help guard against it, or will the MR not trigger?
It's an idea but it eats the Vambraces slot.
My line of thought is that most players won't know that they take up the same slot, so will continue to not attack the Prince thinking he has a 4+ ward and rerollable armor save :)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34299]My army[/url]