2013 tourney list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

rocdocta

2013 tourney list

#1 Post by rocdocta »

Hi guys, as a long time WHFB player, i have been challenged to write a list for High Elves for a 2013 pt tourney we are having over here. I have never used Helfs before and have read some of the tactics forums. If anyone can please offer me some suggestions that would be great. My usual armies are vampires, ogres, infantry empire, infantry lizmen

The touney is tier comped. Helfs are rated tier 2 (out of 5).
I am trying to take a non dragon list.
There are many different armies being taken from dwarves to daemons so it must be an allcomer list
I am trying to cater to the strengths of the Helfs and not against them.

Prince
Reaver bow
Guradian Phoenix
Armour of Caledor
Great weapon

- This guy will sit with the white lions and take advantage of their stubborn (yes i know he doesnt use his leadership for the stubborn). Although i thought about dropping him in with a spear block to reduce auto run from outnumbering and fear. will ping his bow at skirmishers, monsters etc.

Noble
star lance
longbow, dragon armour, shield, chariot

- This is a rapid reaction nuker. str7 on the charge=impact etc should hopefully smash a few things up. hopefully. I considered him as a bsb instead for the leadership benefits in combat. any thoughts? I mean how much extra damage can 3 str 7 attacks do? i think that i am leaning towards bsb...

Mage level 1
D scroll
- the mage is a scroll caddy.

17 spearmen
full command

17 spearmen
full command

10 white lions
std, muso
-may drop the standard as they are really just a detachment to save the spearmen and lord.

The good stuff
5 dragon Princes
muso, standard - banner of Ellryion
- i have had this used against me so often...it drives me crazy.

Lion chariot
Lion Chariot
T chariot

RBT
RBT

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
- great redirectors they should be renamed!
- someone posted that RBTs are 2 for 1 rare choices. is this true, i cant find it in my book.

So there it is. I am a bit worried that i have only 3 infantry blocks. But the chariots seem a good choice for taking it to the enemy. I am counting on the RBTs to whittle down either monsters or take some rank bonus off. 6 shots or normal? what do you reccommend?
pk-ng

Re: 2013 tourney list

#2 Post by pk-ng »

I would drop 1 whole unit of spear. Up the other to 20-21 Give them Lion standard. Cause 17 is not going to do anything and it'll auto-break against fear causers pretty easily.

Get archers and Up the number white lions to 14 and give them standard of balance (so they don't auto break) and give them FC with maybe GoC or AoF.

Drop the muso from the DPs.

The points might be insufficient so you might need to drop a chariot and play around with the points.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
rocdocta

#3 Post by rocdocta »

Thanks for that, have adjusted some of the choices that you suggested. I like chariots so would like to see how they go.

Prince
Reaver bow
Guradian Phoenix
Armour of Caledor
Great weapon

Noble
star lance
longbow, dragon armour, shield, chariot

Mage level 1
D scroll

17 spearmen
full command - lion banner

10 archers

10 white lions
std, muso- banner of balance
GoC

5 dragon Princes
muso, standard - banner of Ellryion

Lion chariot
Lion Chariot
T chariot

RBT
RBT

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
Cythis

#4 Post by Cythis »

you might be rather vulnerable to opponents with easy acess s7 heroes like vc, or ranged s7 like dwarves or empire so you might want to tone down on the number of chariots a bit. I would drop at least one to flesh out the spears to 20-25 and the lions to 12-15. I would also pick up talisman of loec on your lord, it fits perfectly and gives him the ability to be deadly for one round of close combat. This might mean saving the lord and his units, taking down a key hero, or winning a decisive combat, easily worth it.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Cythis wrote:I would also pick up talisman of loec on your lord, it fits perfectly and gives him the ability to be deadly for one round of close combat. This might mean saving the lord and his units, taking down a key hero, or winning a decisive combat, easily worth it
Watch the opponent laugh at your HE lord and then stop laughing when you break out the Talisman.
Kethnae

#6 Post by Kethnae »

- someone posted that RBTs are 2 for 1 rare choices. is this true, i cant find it in my book.
Trust your book. Every other race with Bolt Throwers (Dwarves, Goblins, Dark Elves) can get them at 2 for 1 choice. High Elves aren't allowed this stunt, mostly thanks to the fact that we've got twice the rare choices to begin with.
I considered him as a bsb instead for the leadership benefits in combat.
What's this 'instead'? :D You can give him the Battle Standard and keep his other equipment exactly as is. Only trouble is it would paint an even bigger bulls-eye on his chariot.