2250 Fun Bunch

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mmirch54

2250 Fun Bunch

#1 Post by mmirch54 »

This is a list I've been working with for a while, and I very much like how it plays, as a Primary Infantry based list with heavy Chariot support. I'm not sure how I want to run the Lord slot, and am going to play with a generic setup in the Core/Special/Rare areas, and try 4 different Lord Setups.

Here's the list:

Lord
361- Points available

Heros
168- Noble BSB- Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, GW
185- Mage- Level 2, Seerstaff, Scroll
150- Mage- Level 2, Jewel of Dusk

Core
230- Spearmen (20)- Full Command, Lion Standard
95- Spearmen (10)- Musician

Special
310- Phoenix Guard (15)- Full Command, Banner of Sorcery
140- Lion Chariot
85- Tiranoc Chariot
85- Tiranoc Chariot
92- Ellyrian Reavers (5)- Musician

Rare
100- RBT
100- RBT
100- RBT
50- Great Eagle

Lord setups:

Lord 1
353- Prince- Tiranoc Chariot, Dragon Armor, Shield, Bow of the Seafarer, Temakdor's Gauntlets, Talisman of Loec, Lance/Halberd

Lord 2
347- Prince- Tiranoc Chariot, Dragon Armor, Shield, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Silver Wand, Temakdor's Gauntlets, Sword of Might

Lord 3
360- Archmage- Level 4, Book of Hoeth

Lord 4
350- Archmage- Level 4, Ring of Fury, Reaver Bow, Silver Wand

Comments and Criicism are very welcome.

-Matt
Jaith

Re: 2250 Fun Bunch

#2 Post by Jaith »

Lord 5
322- Prince- Tiranoc Chariot, Dragon Armor, Shield, Starlance, Helm of Fortune, Talisman of Loec.

I have had fun with this one, but its a sad day when the chariot breaks down.

the 38 extra points: another scroll.
Swap the 10 spearmen (95 points) for 10 archers (110 points).

with only one eagle, it might be important to consider shadow warriors because cannons will ruin your day.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

I think you have one hero too many which means too few troops.

I like the chariot lord but reckon GW is the way to go as the chariot may well go down.
Eluhan

#4 Post by Eluhan »

consensus view is that archmage can't have reaver bow because he can't take a normal bow.
NoOoDLe

#5 Post by NoOoDLe »

I'd dump the Reavers and go with all Lion Chariots instead ;)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Kethnae

#6 Post by Kethnae »

Eluhan wrote:consensus view is that archmage can't have reaver bow because he can't take a normal bow.
There's nothing in the rulebook to suggest that. The only restriction on magic items based on mundane item options is armor.
However, taking a reaver bow on an archmage is questionable considering that a simple Noble has considerably better Ballistic Skill to make use of it.
Eluhan

#7 Post by Eluhan »

Kethnae wrote:
Eluhan wrote:consensus view is that archmage can't have reaver bow because he can't take a normal bow.
There's nothing in the rulebook to suggest that. The only restriction on magic items based on mundane item options is armor.
However, taking a reaver bow on an archmage is questionable considering that a simple Noble has considerably better Ballistic Skill to make use of it.
:shock: I don't want to hijack this thread but I searched and can't find the thread where it was decided that mages could use magic bows. Can anyone refer me to this? Does that mean they could use the white sword or starlance?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#8 Post by SpellArcher »

I'm not sure there is one.

However, I'm with Kethnae in that there seems to be no prohibition on mages taking magic weapons. Over time I've got the impression that this is the majority view on this site also but I could be wrong.
dabber
Tactician

#9 Post by dabber »

Eluhan wrote:I don't want to hijack this thread but I searched and can't find the thread where it was decided that mages could use magic bows.
You don't need a thread. Just read the rulebook. The restriction you refer to does not exist. There is no debate about this, and no lack of clarity, because there is nothing there.
Eluhan

#10 Post by Eluhan »

dabber wrote:
Eluhan wrote:I don't want to hijack this thread but I searched and can't find the thread where it was decided that mages could use magic bows.
You don't need a thread. Just read the rulebook. The restriction you refer to does not exist. There is no debate about this, and no lack of clarity, because there is nothing there.
Evs. Please excuse my mistake and apologies for hijacking thread. Proceed.