Balanced comp 2250 with AM

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nanadien

Balanced comp 2250 with AM

#1 Post by Nanadien »

Hello all,

After a friend said he would help me paint my army I got convinced to come back from a very long break and figured I would revieve my HE army that I have missed quite some. I wanted to use much of what I already had without buying too much new stuff so this is what I came up with.

AM lvl 4 - Wand, RoF, 2xScroll
Noble on Eagle - Reaver bow, Enchanted Shield, DA
BSB - DP kit, BoS
Mage lvl 1 - Staff, Scroll

2x 10 Archers
20 Spears FC
15 SM FC, Talisman of Loec, Lion Banner
6 DP
2 Tiranoc Chariots
2 RBT
2 Eagles

With this list I pretty much onlt have to buy the eagles. However Im thinking about ditching the 2nd mage to get 7-8 WL and add a Warbanner or BoAP to the spears.

Any thoughts?
(Sorry for leaving out the points, I dont have them all in my head since the list is at home =/.)

Cheers
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Balanced comp 2250 with AM

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Looks pretty sound.

I'd agree with dropping one of the characters, either the Mage or the Noble, in which case I'd stick a second level on the Mage. Not sure 7-8 White Lions is enough, I think you need at least 10 to last awhile.
Nanadien

#3 Post by Nanadien »

Im pretty hyped up on trying the Reaver Bow on a eagle so he stays. As for the mage, if I were to keep him as lvl 2 where would I get the points, dropping one DP, two SM or three spears?

As for the small number of WL, the thought was to have them lurk in the woods and then flank something.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Sure, I'm being picky about the Eagle guy, if you like him, great! I just think four characters is too much for High Elves. I'd drop a DP to get your 30 points though.

I'm not saying a small unit of White Lions can't work the way you describe just that I think they should be thrust at the enemy to make best use of Stubborn and then you would need at least 10 IMHO.
Bolt Thrower

#5 Post by Bolt Thrower »

I agree on getting that 2nd level on the mage. The seerstaff will be a much more effective item for a level 2 as opposed to a level 1.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
Nanadien

#6 Post by Nanadien »

Ive been pondering this all day and considering what I have left for models I think that I have two choices.

a) Sack a DP to buff the Mage to lvl 2
b) Sack the mage and buff the DP unit with FC, magic banner and also add a banner to the Spears. Also add some extra elves to the archers and spears.

Im tempted to go with alt a) eventho I know its a too character heavy. Problem is that Im not sure I will be able to comp it for the games I will play.