Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: [6th Edition]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 pm 
Green Istari

elendor_f wrote:
Plaguebearers on Beasts of Nurgle

I fought these twice at a tournament when Storm of Chaos was in full swing. Damn they were tough!

elendor_f wrote:
Pretty nasty in combat but Frenzy is a big weakness

Interesting trade-off.

elendor_f wrote:
6th edition Dragon Ogres

Yes indeed these are strong. I remember units of four Kroxigor or similar being pretty effective.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:57 pm 

Hi!
I am back from the tournament! While I prepare the battle reports, I will make a quick summary.

The event was very good and well organized. We had plenty of room in the venue, the tables were cool, the players were nice and the games were fun! I have to say it was more than worth it to attend :D
In the end there were 44 players! (actually 43 plus an extra player from the organization to make it even). The armies were also pretty diverse, with every army having at least one representative except Beastmen (but including Mercenaries and Chaos Dwarves).

I had three games vs Cult of Slaanesh Dark Elves (including Morathi herself), a full Night Goblin list with 36 Fanatics (this game was actually very funny) and Lizardmen with a Slann inside a Temple Guard bunker. I ended up in position 21st, which is not the best but it could be a lot worse :lol:
I managed to play the whole 6 turns in 2 out of 3 games, in the first one we only made it until turn 4 (I think playing some T9A games this year has helped me to play faster, which was a personal goal).

You can check out some pictures here: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2018/1 ... e-sombras/
(there's one picture at the beginning and the rest come after the article).

There were also some miniature blisters given by the organization to players at random (since the event is not very competitive they feel it's best to give it at random rather than to the winners, although winners get a token for their achievement). I was lucky and I got an Avatars of War Orc Shaman :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 pm 

elendor_f wrote:
Hi!
I am back from the tournament! While I prepare the battle reports, I will make a quick summary.

The event was very good and well organized. We had plenty of room in the venue, the tables were cool, the players were nice and the games were fun! I have to say it was more than worth it to attend :D
In the end there were 44 players! (actually 43 plus an extra player from the organization to make it even). The armies were also pretty diverse, with every army having at least one representative except Beastmen (but including Mercenaries and Chaos Dwarves).

I had three games vs Cult of Slaanesh Dark Elves (including Morathi herself), a full Night Goblin list with 36 Fanatics (this game was actually very funny) and Lizardmen with a Slann inside a Temple Guard bunker. I ended up in position 21st, which is not the best but it could be a lot worse :lol:
I managed to play the whole 6 turns in 2 out of 3 games, in the first one we only made it until turn 4 (I think playing some T9A games this year has helped me to play faster, which was a personal goal).

You can check out some pictures here: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2018/1 ... e-sombras/
(there's one picture at the beginning and the rest come after the article).

There were also some miniature blisters given by the organization to players at random (since the event is not very competitive they feel it's best to give it at random rather than to the winners, although winners get a token for their achievement). I was lucky and I got an Avatars of War Orc Shaman :)

Very nice! Looking forward to hear the batreps. Sounds like many came just for the fun of playing. Strikes me as a great environment to be in!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

That looked like a fun tournament. Some very lovely looking armies in there.
elendor_f wrote:
The event was very good and well organized. We had plenty of room in the venue, the tables were cool, the players were nice and the games were fun! I have to say it was more than worth it to attend

This is all you can wish for in a tournament I think. Ending 21st is a pretty decent achievement I think. Especially since I think HE are not the best 6th ed. army out there.

Looking forward to the battle reports. Especially 36(!) fanatics. That must have been mayhem.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:17 pm 
Green Istari

Prince of Spires wrote:
Some very lovely looking armies in there.

I agree, great to see the Slayer army!

Flame of the Asuryan wrote:
Looking forward to hear the batreps.

Me too.

elendor_f wrote:
44 players!

Excellent.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:25 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

SpellArcher wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:
Some very lovely looking armies in there.

I agree, great to see the Slayer army!

Someone must have really liked painting beards... ;)

I liked the VC army best I think.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6