WE ETC Team Event; C&C Welcome

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
ImrikTheDragonLord

WE ETC Team Event; C&C Welcome

#1 Post by ImrikTheDragonLord »

Hi guys,

I'm attending last 8th team event in October. Would love to know your thoughts on my list. I'll be avoiding some matchups, but can play pretty much everything, getting 10-12 points is my job, but if I can get more, better :mrgreen: .

List is quite mobile, GG are a bit slow, but I love the firepower from T1, and Trueflight is just awesome, to get nice covers between units and makes everything much easier.

Was testing Heavens instead of High, to get more range power, but I'm going the safer way, so High magic's counters, there we go. Staying back casting magic+pew pew and 21 Wild Riders keeping enemy at bay and take the chance to push if I can.

I don't like waywatchers, too expensive and fmpov, it's a very unstable unit, they give their points very easy and tbh, on paper they look awesome, but then, all the wards on heros, the T4+ and W3+, seems a big problem for them to wound; shadow is the answer for these, but I don't like depending on spell 3+I'm loving the 3 units of Wild Riders :roll: .

Lvl4 High, Steed, MR2+Moonstone+Scroll of Protection
Lvl4 Metal, Steed, Dispel Scroll
BSB, Steed, HoDA

3x10 Truelight GG, Musos
5 GR Hagbanes, G PEndant

2x5 Scouts Hagbanes
7 Sisters, +1LD Banner
3x7 Wild Riders, Shields, 1 with Banner (BoEF would be awesome for one, but have no points, Chims normally will die with no BoEF, but can't charge Trolls...)

2 Eagles

2400 Total, 5 pools: 2 from Trueflight+Poison, 2 from Wild Riders, 1 from Moonstone.

Thank you very much in advance.

With regards,

I.
[i]We're the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world. Our armies are the finest in creation; swift where our foes are lumbering, cultured where they are barbaric. Give no thought to failure, nor defeat – we're the Children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail!

Aenarion the Defender[/i]
pk-ng

Re: WE ETC Team Event; C&C Welcome

#2 Post by pk-ng »

I prefer to have a trueflight on the scouts (and bigger scouts) to threat warmachine. GG have limited mobility and may not be able to threaten WM. My bases is trueflight is generally better to kill WM as then they can't be shielded.

Apart from that I like WW to counter armour. But I guess you have Metal to do that...you'll be in trouble against BotWD HE bus
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
ImrikTheDragonLord

#3 Post by ImrikTheDragonLord »

Thanks a lot for the response pkng :wink: .

I'm going to share last version of the list, couple teammates suggested to give WW another try, now that I have more games in the pocket, see if they cut it... Keeping metal even with WW, finding the lore very solid with the army+don't have that much fun with Shadows, which is the second option.

Lvl4 High, Steed, MR2+Moonstone+Scroll of Protection
Lvl4 Metal, Steed, Dispel Scroll
BSB, Steed, Asrai Spear, Starfire Shafts, Charmed Shield, HoDA

3x10 Truelight GG, Musos
5 GR Starfire Shafts, Banner

7 Sisters, +1LD Banner
2x7 Wild Riders, Shields, 1 with BoEF, 1 with GP

2x8 Waywatchers
2 Eagles

Btw pkng, on the game this morning vs Elo's empire, I started and in my T3 it was over. Brief summary: killed Hurri T2, lumi on 1W, T3 magic phase was brutal, casted Final Transmutation on Demis+BSB, killed 3 Demis+BSB. In the shooting phase WW did their job. Both eagles charged halberds and killed lvl1 before using DScroll.

Regards,
[i]We're the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world. Our armies are the finest in creation; swift where our foes are lumbering, cultured where they are barbaric. Give no thought to failure, nor defeat – we're the Children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail!

Aenarion the Defender[/i]
pk-ng

#4 Post by pk-ng »

No LoS on the BSB? or failed LoS?
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support