Anointed of Asuryan build

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Dfrege

Anointed of Asuryan build

#1 Post by Dfrege »

I was thinking about running an Anointed and my build for him consisted of Armour of Caledor and Ogre blade, Just wanted to know if this is a standard build for an Anointed or if its specifically bad for some reason
John Rainbow

Re: Anointed of Asuryan build

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

As you already have a ward the armour might be a bit too much. Is he on foot? Mounted
Dfrege

#3 Post by Dfrege »

I plan to run him on foot, Don't have the phoenix model yet, but I do want to try him on foot regardless
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

A typical build is Giant Blade, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone. Of course 2+ RR is much better than 3+ RR but as John says, when you have a 4+ Ward it's less crucial. While S7 can be priceless. If you run High Magic in the same unit that Ward can easily get to 3+, tanky as all hell.
Dfrege

#5 Post by Dfrege »

Well I do like to run my level 4 lore of shadow with khaines ring so with lore passive he can unit hop and if I get a big enough magic phase give a 3++ to the PG block and the anointeds block