2500 vs dark elves

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
afterglow82

2500 vs dark elves

#1 Post by afterglow82 »

Playing a casual game against an old friend when I travel back home to the UK in a couple days. I'm quite restricted in my model collection, as I don't have room to take anything with me, so I'm relying on my old teenage collection - relatively unlimited core, virtually no special apart from tiranoc chariots and dragon princes and a handful of shadow warriors, and for rare I have a handful of bolt throwers and a couple of Eagles. (I am going to squeeze one frost Phoenix into my carry-on ;) )

My only other 'restriction' - albeit self imposed - is that I desperately want to use tyrion and teclis: most groups and people I play don't allow them for various reasons, and I've missed them!

With that in mind, here is my list:

2492 Vs dark elves

CORE

10 archers 100
10 archers 100
19 spears, champ 181
5 reavers bows and spears, 95
12 Silver helms, shields, champ, 286

RARE

great Eagle, upgrades, 65
2x bolt thrower 140
1x Phoenix 240

SPECIAL

5 shadow warriors, 70
1 x tiranoc chariot 70
5x dragon princes champ 155

LORDS
Tyrion
Teclis

HEROES

Noble, dragon armour, potion of strength, enchanted shield, sword of battle, longbow 130 (3+/6++) +1A +3s

Regards tactics, being an old friend I have some ideas about what he'll do - he'll have one/two big hard units, probably foot, dark riders, darkshards, and a couple of heavy-hitters: hydras, morathi, etc. he loves his cauldrons too.

My plan is a little unorthodox- I know you normally don't split your army, but I'm planning on a central stationary core (archers, spears [with teclis] and bolt throwers, then a heavy flank of Knights and Phoenix moving up fast and hitting hard, hopefully winning combat first round and moving into the rear of his army; also a light flank, shadow warriors, reavers and Eagle moving up to slow him down, then coordinating a charge on one of his flanking units with the tiranoc chariot when it has moved up into range

Hopefully my heavy flank will be able to deal with just about anything, and my light flank should be able to slow down, and fingers crossed take out at least one unit, so long as I manage to coordinate well and get a couple of decent rolls.

Any thoughts guys?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2500 vs dark elves

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

It's a plan.

I'd get a BSB to ride with Tyrion. He can't kill everything on his own and the re-rolls could be vital. I'd also stick Gleaming Pennant on the Spears, you don't want an unlucky failed Panic test on Teclis.