Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Posts: 11
Hi everyone, I am going to play against my friends 2500 skaven list eventually, so I made this 2500 list with Tyrion.

I´d be greatful to hear someone elses opinion.

Lords:
Tyrion
Archmage lvl 3 lore of life, talisman of preservation

Heroes:
Mage lvl 2 Heavens, Dispell scroll, Ithilmar barded steed
Noble, great weapon, Dragon armor, BSB banner of world dragon, barded steed, shield

Core:
25 Spearmen, full command
15 Silverhelms, full command (Tyrions bunker)

Special:
5 Dragon princes, full command
19 Phoenix Guard, full command
14 Swordmasters, full command

Rare:
2x Eagle claw bolt throwers
1x Great eagle

Points: 2500

So the Idea is to deploy Tyrion and his silver helms to the right flank or left to support the center conscisting of Spears and PG. The swordmaster I am going to deploy where I see fit and the DP are basically a supporting unit that will be used to flank.

The mages will be trying to support the offensive with any means possible, hoping to get either dwellers bellow or comet of casandora. Other than those I will atleast pick the signature in heavens that makes his warp lightning cannon roll before shoot. Life will go in Phoenix guard and heavens with Helms.

BSB will go with helms with the banner for world dragon against all the crap skaven has to throw at them.

The bolt throwers will be trying their best to bring down war machines or weapon times, hopefully they can with luck bring down atleast 1 warp lightning cannon.

Edit: made some changes, does this look alright? ;) A little cheesy but ey, my friends list can be incredibly strong with 2 warp lightning cannons, hellpit, doombell with seer...


Last edited by FrasseN on Sun May 17, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 am
Posts: 246
I think the lack of a Battle Standard Bearer is the biggest weakness. I find that to win without one you either need to dominate or get really lucky.

Personally I would drop the three level 2 mages and go with a level 4 life and a Noble with battle standard. You could also run the BSB with Banner of the World Dragon and put him in with Tyrion and the Helms. A bit cheesy but very powerful.

My other suggestion would be more chaff. Perhaps drop the spearmen for two units of reavers.

Other than that things look pretty good. I think the big unit of Helms is the best way to run Tyrion. Don't be shy about charging him out on his own in the right circumstances, it can really catch opponents off guard.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Posts: 11
Ladril Caledor wrote:
I think the lack of a Battle Standard Bearer is the biggest weakness. I find that to win without one you either need to dominate or get really lucky.

Personally I would drop the three level 2 mages and go with a level 4 life and a Noble with battle standard. You could also run the BSB with Banner of the World Dragon and put him in with Tyrion and the Helms. A bit cheesy but very powerful.

My other suggestion would be more chaff. Perhaps drop the spearmen for two units of reavers.

Other than that things look pretty good. I think the big unit of Helms is the best way to run Tyrion. Don't be shy about charging him out on his own in the right circumstances, it can really catch opponents off guard.


Thanks for the response!

You are probably right about swapping out the mages for lvl4 and noble BSB. Though I have to say that I dont agree about swapping out the spears for reavers since you need the ranks (My opinion).

Maybe 2 eagles?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 2062
Location: Cathy
a) Life is a lore that needs to be taken on Level 4 Mage. Life has a short range than heavens so should be on a mount.
b) You don't really need barded steed on the Level 2 Mage. Heavens has a longer range than life so should be on foot.
c) Spearmen are actually good against Skaven provide you can get into combat against his RnF before he blasts you to bits.
d) You don't really need FCG on all your units. You can probably drop the Champion and Musician on the Dragon Princes and add the Banner of Eternal Flames in the even he has an Abomination.
e) You should probably get Razor Banner on the Phoenix Guard (not necessary) but it'll be useful to grind through stuff faster.
f) SM unless you're going to carry a magical banner on the SM you don't need Champion and Banner.
g) I would get 1 or 2 more redirector

_________________
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 am
Posts: 246
FrasseN wrote:
Ladril Caledor wrote:
I think the lack of a Battle Standard Bearer is the biggest weakness. I find that to win without one you either need to dominate or get really lucky.

Personally I would drop the three level 2 mages and go with a level 4 life and a Noble with battle standard. You could also run the BSB with Banner of the World Dragon and put him in with Tyrion and the Helms. A bit cheesy but very powerful.

My other suggestion would be more chaff. Perhaps drop the spearmen for two units of reavers.

Other than that things look pretty good. I think the big unit of Helms is the best way to run Tyrion. Don't be shy about charging him out on his own in the right circumstances, it can really catch opponents off guard.


Thanks for the response!

You are probably right about swapping out the mages for lvl4 and noble BSB. Though I have to say that I dont agree about swapping out the spears for reavers since you need the ranks (My opinion).

Maybe 2 eagles?


Yeah the eagles would be fine, great chaff and redirectors. I almost always bring a couple. I actually use Animal Planet toy eagles stuck to the appropriate base. They look great and they aren't as fragile as the GW ones


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 am 
Offline
Green Istari

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 12715
Location: Otherworld
One issue I can see with Tyrion is you have to be careful re challenges. His Flaming Attacks could get stuck on 2+ Wards vs fire.

_________________
A New Blog (Orcs and Goblins)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70550
Cavalry Prince Reloaded
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Posts: 11
[quote/]Yeah the eagles would be fine, great chaff and redirectors. I almost always bring a couple. I actually use Animal Planet toy eagles stuck to the appropriate base. They look great and they aren't as fragile as the GW ones[/quote]

Yea I really should get 1 more eagle. :roll:

Hopefully I will be able to get 1 cheap from a friend :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Posts: 11
SpellArcher wrote:
One issue I can see with Tyrion is you have to be careful re challenges. His Flaming Attacks could get stuck on 2+ Wards vs fire.


Hmmm? You mean that units will get 2+ ward against him?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Posts: 11
pk-ng wrote:
a) Life is a lore that needs to be taken on Level 4 Mage. Life has a short range than heavens so should be on a mount.
b) You don't really need barded steed on the Level 2 Mage. Heavens has a longer range than life so should be on foot.
c) Spearmen are actually good against Skaven provide you can get into combat against his RnF before he blasts you to bits.
d) You don't really need FCG on all your units. You can probably drop the Champion and Musician on the Dragon Princes and add the Banner of Eternal Flames in the even he has an Abomination.
e) You should probably get Razor Banner on the Phoenix Guard (not necessary) but it'll be useful to grind through stuff faster.
f) SM unless you're going to carry a magical banner on the SM you don't need Champion and Banner.
g) I would get 1 or 2 more redirector


Thx for the advice, I agree about most.

Though I don´t really wanna spend to much on the phoenix guard since my friend tends to spam dreaded 13th and in the event he gets it, it will probably destroy the PG unit. :/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:28 pm 
Offline
Green Istari

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 12715
Location: Otherworld
FrasseN wrote:
Hmmm? You mean that units will get 2+ ward against him?


Most characters can take Dragonhelm or Dragonbane Gem but you won't find that out until fighting them and then it's too late. Most High Elf heroes will have Dragon Armour which has to be declared but having to avoid them could be a problem. Actually, Tyrion v Tyrion could be pretty funny...

:)

High Magic might help him out with Unforging.

_________________
A New Blog (Orcs and Goblins)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70550
Cavalry Prince Reloaded
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group