Tournament competitive army list

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
mishagi

Tournament competitive army list

#1 Post by mishagi »

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum Im from Argentina so sorry if my english is not so good :? :D
This friday Im entering a 6 round tournament and this is the army I have in mind, Im very open to suggestions, thats why I made an account!

The only rule is no name characters and 2400 points

Archmage Level 4 (General) > Lore of Death, Book of Hoeth> 275 pts
Mage Level 2, (Undecided probably beasts but open to opinions), Dispel Scroll > 145 pts
Noble BSB, Dragon Armour, Ithilmar Steed, Merwyrm shield, Sword of Might > 155 pts
Ellyrian revers x 5, Bows > 85 pts
Silver Helms x 10, shields, standard bearer, champion > 250 pts
Silver Helms x 5, shield, standard bearer > 135 pts
Silver Helms x 5, shield, standard bearer > 135 pts
White lions x 28, Full Command, Banner of World Dragon > 444 pts
Dragon Princes x 5, Champion, standard bearer, Banner of eternal flame > 175 pts
Eagle Bolt Thrower > 70 pts
Great Eagle > 50 pts
Frost Phoenix > 240 pts
Frost Phoenix > 240 pts

Please let me know what potential problems I may have :D

Thanks!
DLW

Re: Tournament competitive army list

#2 Post by DLW »

Your bsb only gets the 4+ parry save from the merwyrm shield if he's on foot. Cavalry doesn't get a parry save.

Your list is very mobile. I don't know how much good 1 bolt thrower would be. Maybe swap it out for another eagle or maybe a ward save for your archmage.
centesombra

Re: Tournament competitive army list

#3 Post by centesombra »

Hi! I´m spanish but i´m gonna answer you in english due to the rules of this fórum...

I like your list but in my opinión it has several mistakes to be a really effective and competitive list.

* The archmage with death is really good with the book, but i miss a 4+ Ward save

* lvl2 Mage i would prefer with high magic dispell scroll and fury ring (he gives magical shoots to the army)

* bsb on foot and equipped the same way (or maybe with ellirion bow, Golden Crown of atrazar and merwyn shield?)

* My favourite core units composition is 3x 5 ellyrian reavers and 3x 6 silverhelms with shields and champions

* lions perfect (even if you put 3 less to have a 28 miniatures unit including the 2 mages and the bsb is good)

* In rare units is where I have more doubts... if you want combat include 2 frost Phoenix, but in my opinión and for a competitive list are more usefull 4 bolt throwers), so i would use 4 bolt thowers, 1 frostheart Phoenix as a hard support unit and a great Eagle...

I hope my advices will be useful for you.

Regards!