Everqueen, Tecilis, Tyrion. 2.5K - Remotely Possible?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Elven Knight

Everqueen, Tecilis, Tyrion. 2.5K - Remotely Possible?

#1 Post by Elven Knight »

Gentlemen,
I am seeking the wisdom of any passerby, I am a Warhammer novice but not wholly unskilled at tabletop gaming. I am the sort of gamer that loves to play competitively, put forth a solid effort for Victory, all in good humor and honorable sportsmanship. But I'm also the sort of gamer who needs to play a themed team -- there's a touch of D&D in me and I like to roll around in the fluff, a little role playing and imagination heighten the tension of dice rolling for me. So I'm willing to lose a few advantages that come with building a pure beastmode list for a team that thematically pleases me, but I don't want to roll over like a dog, I want a list that can stay sporting friendly, casual games.

Originally I was mulling over an "Army of the Everqueen" thing, she who rises to defend Ulthuan when Tyrion and Tecilis are off no doubt deep behind enemy lines being badasses. But now I'm really thinking about just going for it: The Defenders of Ulthuan, Alarielle, Tyrion, Tecilis. Is there anyway to make that thematic core into a viable list for friendly games at 2.5K?

The big three cost 1210pts. My first thoughts were Tyrion in Silver Helm bus to meet most of core requirement. Try to get Tecilis and the Everqueen in a strong bunker or deathstar. Load up on some chaff, eagles and reavers I was thinking.

Your thoughts wise ones?
Mr. Lucifer

Re: Everqueen, Tecilis, Tyrion. 2.5K - Remotely Possible?

#2 Post by Mr. Lucifer »

Well yes - a big bus for tyrion and probably white lion horde for teclis and the everqueen to sit in (15 SH with command is like 375 and 30 white lions with command and BotwD is like 470) leaves enough points for a frost phoenix, couple of bolt throwers and some reavers for redirect...

Id love to see it play!
"We are the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world. Our armies are the finest in creation; swift where our foes are lumbering, cultured where they are barbaric. Give no thought to failure, nor defeat – we are the Children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."
Ladril Caledor

#3 Post by Ladril Caledor »

Agree on the big bus for Tyrion. I'd also probably put a Bsb with Banner of the World Dragon in that unit, as the spellvasters have other means for ward saves, magic resistance and miscast protection. Tyrions huge base also pushes the BSB into the safe second rank without needing another character, while the Banner makes him almost invincible, as most of the things that might take him on are using magic attacks.

I'd then want to keep Alarielle and Teclis separate so if they mAnage to smash one unit, you still have plenty of magic, and the units themselves aren't carrying quite so many points. Alarielle could go in a block of White Lions with Life magic (shield of thorns for miscast protection and Flesh to Stone for defence. Teclis I'd have sitting back with an archer unit casting offensive spells, sitting 'in the pocket' flanked by Tyrions Helmbus and Alarielles Lifestar. Round off with reavers, eagles and a Frostheart.

Probably going against the grain a bit but I'd rather spread the points around three main units rather than two. I also quite like using Teclis in an archer block as 'bait', happily taking the charge on squishy Teclis so I can slam the really strong units into flanks and rears.
theviking

#4 Post by theviking »

If you're really going for theme you ought to collect a nice unit of the old metal handmaidens to put Alarielle in and run them as seaguard or phoenix guard.