ETC COMPETITIVE ARMY

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
centesombra

ETC COMPETITIVE ARMY

#1 Post by centesombra »

Hi guys! I´m new in this fórum... I´m a spanish player, I wanted to share with us the army I´ve been thinking for some tournaments I will go:

* Archmage lvl4 with death lore:
- Dispell Scroll and Talisman of Preservation

* Asuryan Anointed on Flamespyre Phoenix:
- Giant Blade, enchanted shield, gold Crown of Atrazar and Khaine´s Fury Ring

* BSB:
- Heavy armour, wyrm shield and reaver bow

* 3 x 5 ellyrion reavers with bows

* 6 silverhelms with shields and champion

* 18 archers with standar and musician

* 26 White lions of Chrace
- Full command group
- Dragon standar

* 4 x RBT

* 1x Giant Eagle

I think this list can win almost every army, because it has response for almost everything... Full difuse list as Wood elves or Dark elves are always a problem for us because we can´t move as them, but I think that having the anointed with the fire Phoenix and 5 RBT (i always count reaver bow as the 5th one...)we can hurt them.

The main Lore fore me is death lore, I´m used to having it with my beast men and it always works correctly...

Do you like this list? What changes would you make?

Regards!

Ps: Sorry for my english, as I said before i´m spanish and it´s not my first language...
Andros123

Re: ETC COMPETITIVE ARMY

#2 Post by Andros123 »

Hi Centesombra and welcome!

Your list looks very interesting, especially with the annointed on a flamespyre. I've been playing many lists that looks like this one, however I've never used lore of death. What are your thoughts about that particular lore in this list?

I don't think dark elves and wood elves are super hard matchups for this list, because the annointed on the flamespyre is excellent vs. these two armies. And when playing against wood elves, it is just about avoiding them arcane unforge your world dragon banner in the first two or three turns. Then they will never get the white lions.

However, I don't agree with the army having answers to everything. I think you will be surprised of how fast 26 white lions die. They are a defensive unit, which just can't take on many other infantry units, simply because they will be grinned out in the long run. So would you say your army is designed to be very offensive or hang more back and wait?

Finally, why do you want 3 x 5 reavers compared to more silver helms? You already have an eagle for redirecting. As many others I really have become a huge fan of silver helm darts.

Have you play tested your list and in that case, how did perform?
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

You will have trouble in mirror match up as pretty much you have all magic attacks except for WLs.
Apart from that you have low number of banners which means you will lose relatively easily in Blood and Glory.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
centesombra

#4 Post by centesombra »

Hi guys! thanks for your answers!

In first place, Death lore is a great weapon against a lot of armies like orcs, ogres, lizards, and undead due to the purple sun, but there are others like the empire, beasts or bretonnia that can suffer with this lore due to the snipers or -3Ld or -1St-1Th that can make our lions win all their combats...

I´ve played lots of times silverhelms darts (units of 6 miniatures even 9 miniatures) and I like them, few months ago my core units were 3x6 silverhelms with champions and shields and 3x 5 ellirion reavers but i discovered they were easy points in most of matches and in ETC I think that keep points sabe is the most important thing...

I,ve tested this list some times, and it works well, the flamespyre Phoenix with the anointed is a big annoyance but with death lore it becomes more dangerous if I achieve the -3ld and declare a charge with the terror, or there is a panic test...

I have to admit that i have a low number of banners, 2 unit banners, 2 plus for the archmage and another one for the BSB, maybe i could change the silverhelm champion for a banner how do you see this?

regards!
pk-ng

#5 Post by pk-ng »

Overall the list design is similar to a standard Star Dragon list but the obvious substitute is the AoFSP instead of P on SD. So there isn't much to comment about except for the banner count and dragon armour on the BSB for 2++ against flaming which can come in useful at times.

Give it a test run or so and see what changes you need.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support