I recommend stickying links to Furion's tactics videos

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Eirik

I recommend stickying links to Furion's tactics videos

#1 Post by Eirik »

For those of you who don't know, Furion is a pro High Elf player and one of the best players on this forum. He regularly participates in tournaments.
He has a youtube channel packed with terrific instructional videos. I think they are worth stickying because they are some of the best online resources for making yourself a better player.
I especially like the huge emphasis on movement/deployment.

These are some basic videos that explain how to play well and learn from your experiences. They're great for beginners and a reference for the rest of us.
WFB Advanced Tutorial: The concept of winning
WFB Advanced Tutorial: Roster Creation
WFB Advanced Tutorial: Game Analysis, HE vs VC
WFB Advanced Tutorial: Game Analysis, HE vs WoCh
WFB Advanced Tutorial: Faux-Pro

Below are some in-depth, technical battle reports of tournament games. They analyze individual moves, explain why each is right or wrong, and generalize to what you can learn to become a better player. If you have just a bit of skill and experience, watching and understanding these videos could really help bring your game to the next level.
ETC 2014 Battle Report: HE vs Bretonnia
ETC 2014 Battle Analysis: HE vs Ogre Kingdoms
ETC 2014 Battle Analysis: HE vs Vampire Counts
ETC 2014 Battle Analysis: HE vs Wood Elves
Ah, Floorhammer. A time honored tradition. Sadly, I no longer play since my brother tripped and right-angled the spears of a 15-man regiment.
-Original Dragon Prince, July 2011
Axiem
Rhetor militaris

Re: I recommend stickying links to Furion's tactics videos

#2 Post by Axiem »

+1

Furion has been very influential in impacting HE list designs and tactics. His articles are insightful and help both newbies and veterans alike. This absolutely deserves a sticky.

Axiem