SH-hero-bus

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
mutti

SH-hero-bus

#1 Post by mutti »

I'm not really sure if this should be in the army list forum, but since it isn't a complete list I thought I'd put it here

I often play with all my lord allowance sinked into dragons and other stuff like that but I always liked the look of a SH-bus, so I thought hey why not fill it with all hero-level characters. Do you think this unit will have any real use on the battlefield (obviously it won't win combat against many deathstars and such, but more as a support to say a star dragon)?

So here is what I got so far:
Noble BSB with some cool banner (I like swiftness but maybe botwd would be nice?) and just maybe a dragon armor (he'll sit in 2nd rank)
Mage lvl2 high to give the bus some ward saves, could have a scroll and I think a ironcurse icon would be good as I guess this unit would eat alot of stone and bolt throwers.
Noble with DA, spellshield (MR is nice) and lance
Noble with DA, shield and some kind of magic sword, I like anti-heroes to slam into mage-bunkers and such
11+ SH with FC and shields.
this is somewhere around 830pts
John Rainbow

Re: SH-hero-bus

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

If you have a dragon BotWD is a must as it makes the dragon stubborn. I run a dragon list and support it with...

Mounted level 4 + BoH and Crown Command on High magic
Mounted BSB + BotWD, Dragon Armour, Lance or GW
Mounted Noble + Dragon Armour, Ench. Sh and Ogre Blade
12 (or more) SHs + command & shields

It works really well! Depending on points levels this would also work with a level 2 but if you can afford it a level 4 is infinitely better.
Eirik

Re: SH-hero-bus

#3 Post by Eirik »

If you want dozens of examples on how to operate a silver helm bus in top level professional games, and a cool list to try, check out Furions ETC 2014 series. These tactics videos are some of the best on the web, regardless of which race you play. They emphasize the movement phase which is of utmost important for most any army, but especially an HE army focused on Cav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqV77LhSuR4
Ah, Floorhammer. A time honored tradition. Sadly, I no longer play since my brother tripped and right-angled the spears of a 15-man regiment.
-Original Dragon Prince, July 2011