Shadow of Nagizzathar canpaign

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Hero of Rome

Shadow of Nagizzathar canpaign

#1 Post by Hero of Rome »

How Elgi this is anther canpaign post from me. Basically its about Manfred von Carseins capture of you king Finubars daughter. No rules yet just want ideas http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/444 ... -canpaign/
Hero of Rome

Re: Shadow of Nagizzathar canpaign

#2 Post by Hero of Rome »

Rules for scenario 1 are finally here Comment this thread please (Ulthuan)

http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/sh ... ign.25902/
Cold Phoenix

#3 Post by Cold Phoenix »

It seems to be mostly reasonable. The problems I see are:

No rules for deployment, game length, starting position first turn and so on.

Magical Imbalance. Alithea casting a High Magic Spell per turn is good (unless it's Fiery Convocation of Arcane Unforging in which case it's perhaps a little too good). The lack of a Lv4 caster to dispel on the Elf + Dwarf side is very bad for scenario balance in this case. Manfred von Carstein and Heinrich Kemmler are both Lv4 Special Characters with the Loremaster rule and additional bonuses to casting. I can easily see the Good burning through any Dispel Scrolls turn 1, then being unable to stop Purple Sun (on the Dwarfs), Death Snipes (on the Elven characters) and all the wonderful Lore of Vampires Spells. If the Vampire player has magical dominance it'll also be very hard to get rid of Manfred (as required for a win by good) because each Lore of Vampires cast can heal him. Taking 5 wounds off a Vampire Lord in one turn is pretty hard.

The High Elf Prince on Griffon. I understand that this is required if we follow the fluff in the book, but a Griffon is very squishy and likely to die the instant it gets into combat with Grave Guard, Vampire Characters or Ghouls under Van Hel's. You might consider giving the High Elf player an option to pay to upgrade the griffon's profile with additional wounds, T, a heal each turn option or a ward/armour save for a point increase.

Lastly (and please don't take this badly), running your rules through a spell checker and presenting them clearly, will probably increase your chance of getting responses.
Hero of Rome

#4 Post by Hero of Rome »

Thanks for your help I will update it as soon as possible