What do you think?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Amendil

What do you think?

#1 Post by Amendil »

Hello fellow Asur enthusiasts! Thank you for taking the time to check this thread out. I do not post often but I lurk often. anyhow, on to the post.

I have many competeing interests, and all of the expensive unfortunately. Regardless of this I still wanted to make a unique army, heavy with lore and customization. To achieve this, I have become a hoard'o bits junkie. I get so enthused with single models and how spectacular they can look that I struggle to come up with any blocks of infantry. Here is my first attempt at making an entire unit, with custom parts. The largest modelling task I've undertaken ( I know it isnt much, much I have never used a dremel to trim helmets before).

The customization idea originally comes from combining HE and DE spearman bits along with some extra bits to make a unique, pre sundering Nagarythe spear elf unit. Since then I have decided (Primarily because I already have some 25 odd spearmen in Cothique colors) to change the plans for the new unit to be a count as phoneix guard unit. I have 15 metal white lions and some 30 metal and plastic swordmasters. They will not be called phoneix guard, but have a Naggarothi reference. Feel free to drop ideas for their name. Here are the helmet customization. One, the one on the right, you will notice is a regular spear elf helmet with green stuff creating a visor. The second one, the one on the left, has been dremmled to create a smaller helmet, and been given the cheeck depressions that the shadow warrior helms have. I am doing this, primarily because I have a lot of these helmets lying around and because I do not want to buy 10 helmets for 11$ USD. I wouldn't mind getting some but first I wanted to try making my own look a likes and get your input. If you got through all that reading, congrats... and without further ado....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b57770db85

I am sorry I do not have the pictures on here right now. I am working from my ipad and this is easiest for me at the moment. My photobucket is down and embedding the link that Facebook gave for the images wasn't working. Any how... since these are supposed to be phoenix guard, I was wondering what weapons you guys think I should give them. As of right now I think that getting the phoenix guard polearm bits would be best. My only quip is that a lot of them are two handed and that doesn't let me play around with the shield arm very much. I need your opinion regarding the following:

-What weapon should I use? I currently have a bag of high elf spears (to.. speary) and dark elf spears (too jagged.)
-what left hand should I use? HE or DE?
-which helmet do you like more? I prefer the less conical one. It just means more work. That is ok though. Good things require work.
-What other bits could I add to make it more Naggarothi? I have a fat baggie filled with dark eldar heads, both helmeted and bare, but they are not all the same. I was saving those for cavalry, silverhelm and dragon prince count as. But if I decide the that phoenix guard are "naggrothi nobles" or something...maybe different helms will be in order.

Anyway.... long @$$ post.... sorry for the rant. C&C most welcome. :)
Good day